Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

If I had to rank the characters I like in the beta based on how they play I'd go

Scorpion
Kabal
Jade
Baraka
Skarlet

I really don't enjoy playing with skarlet at all, honestly she just feels boring and looks boring IMO but I know other people like her and we all have different taste.

Also, I've seen you guys have noticed Jade might make a couple with Kotal, which makes sense since he's aztec based and she's "jade", so nice reference of mesoamerican history from NRS.

But she has a move that references Delia. You know, Delia being the shimmering lady is old theory, but then everybody came up talking about Kronika being her, I think that ending is about Delia, I mean, what other reason Jade would have a move specially for her.

I have mixed feelings. I like everything about this game except for the gameplay. I don't know, the game feels somehow chewy and slowly. Usually I am a quite good MK player. I had a lot more wins than losses in MK9 and MKX online as well as MK11. Even now I have 43 to 19 statistics but I can't say that I'm good. It's more about strategy rather than dropping sick combos.

So far I am not bad with Scorpion but he is meant to be played easily, so.. I like Kabal and Baraka too, but I didn't figure out how to use defence meter. The amplyfiers are always timed differently, aren't they?

I am not completely disappointed since it's just beta without practice mode. They'll also add dash, won't they?

I do want Onaga as DLC, but that is very unlikely given how low demand he is. I feel like he won't be that hard to sell given that he is a big dragon fighter. I just want to see him interact with Kotal Khan and Shao Khan.

I'd definitely be a lot better if there was a practice mode to test some stuff out or if I had online for my Xbox.

Playing against CPUs never feels the same as playing against a person regardless of the difficulty.

I do want Onaga as DLC, but that is very unlikely given how low demand he is. I feel like he won't be that hard to sell given that he is a big dragon fighter. I just want to see him interact with Kotal Khan and Shao Khan.

I'd love for Onaga, Shinnok and Quan Chi to be in as DLC. It'd be cool to be able to have all of the main bosses from the series playable in one high quality game. I'd also like to be able to put Shang and Quan Chi up against each other. Too bad there isn't a tag mode, Shao Kahn and Shang vs Quan Chi and Shinnok would be epic lol.

Onaga is an old dream of mine. Unfortunately he doesn't get the love he deserves IMO.

Imagine a game with Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Onaga, Quan Chi and Shinnok. That would be amazing, the core of Darkness all together.

All evil bosses in one game.

Onaga is an old dream of mine. Unfortunately he doesn't get the love he deserves IMO.

Imagine a game with Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Onaga, Quan Chi and Shinnok. That would be amazing, the core of Darkness all together.

All evil bosses in one game.

Gotta throw Goro into that mix :)

Very Easy towers pretty much is practice mode. They don't even fight back

I'd glady take the practice mode over the towers any day. You get so much more in the practice options than the lame ass towers. I'm normally the first to say be thankful they gave us something over nothing but since this updated version of the beta required a preorder...It should've had one IMO.

Last edited:
I'd glady take the practice mode over the towers any day. You get so much more in the practice options than the lame ass towers. I'm normally the first to say be thankful they gave us something over nothing but since this updated version of the beta required a preorder...It should've had one IMO.

Towers is more than enough to practice bnbs and get familiar with a character. You don't need a practice mode because this is an old build. There's no point in recording the AI to figure out frame traps when the game will have a day 1 patch anyway

Towers is more than enough to practice bnbs and get familiar with a character. You don't need a practice mode because this is an old build. There's no point in recording the AI to figure out frame traps when the game will have a day 1 patch anyway
I hope you are right because scorpion needs a lot of tweaks

Yes the towers work but why have a lame towers mode when you could have a practice mode instead? People always assume we're playing a old build because it's a beta but in reality NRS hasn't said one way or another. There's plenty of different games that get betas before they release and it turns out that the ''old build beta'' is the final build you're playing. It's just a striped down version. I'm sure some stuff will change (Boon mentioned buffing the walk speed in the final build ) but other than that that's all we know.