Page 251 of 337 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 6739

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

  1. #5001
    Tarkatan Warrior JinCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Misucra View Post
    Or plans changed. Or Shang can be unlocked. Like Brainiac in Injustice 2. He is a DLC, but you can also unlock him.
    Brainiac wasn't DLC he was an unlockable character you could pay to unlock, there is a difference.

  2. #5002
    New Kombatant Syzoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Age
    32
    Posts
    11
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Yes I am drunken a bit but still I have to say it out loud for once...

    Reptile not getting any love by Boon and Co and by the new generation fans is making me sick.

    Reptile was, is and always be iconic for being the original secret character and 3rd ninja... and of course for his amazing potrayal in the GOAT movie.

    But what have they done... Since 4 they try hard to make him a reptile... Yeah i got he is one... But the amazing thing was still that he was disguised as human... Instead they went even further in Deadly Alliance making him look like shit. Call me crazy... But for me a fighter named Reptile using a disguise as human is far more better than a fighter namked Reptile who even looks like a Reptile.

    Why isn't Scorpion as Scorpion or Rain a raincloud? Come on.

    But they had to correct it in MK 2011 and X... But now they again tried in the reboot to make him reptilian looking, which I have to admit looked far better, instead of going back to his true story... On top of that he is an absolute jobber in the stories and with all this mixed no one cared about him that much. He was the least used person in MK2011 and X... And that's how they destroyed an icon.

    All other ninjas got more love in their redesigns and yeah even in the story like for example Smoke, who got an whole chapter, and of coruse Noob Saibot. Ermac and Rain are debateable but still they look true to themselves while still very unique.... And hell even Tremor looks far better and was potrayed far better.

    So why Boon and Co doesn't understand what people liked about Reptile and how iconic he actually is instead of making him a mindless reptilian looking creature with no story purpose?

    And with MK11 we have reached the top... He isn't even there!!! In Deception they tried to give us a reason but now... Nope nothing... Instead we get all of the Special Boring Forces

  3. #5003
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,681
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4943
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    They were setting up a great story in MKX with Reptile. Him and Kotal really cared for one another in the comics. Kotal saved Reptile's life from Shao Kahn. And some of the endings in MKX were hinting that Outworld would be the protagonists in a war with Earthrealm. Reptile was finally going to be a main star. Now he's nowhere to be seen smh

  4. #5004
    Tarkatan Warrior MKLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    414
    PSN
    mkawesome14
    Steam
    MKLegacyx
    Thanked: 139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    It is what it is, while I wouldn't mind his inclusion, it's fine if he sits out a game. While him being in Kotal's crew was nice he wasn't really doing much outside of that.
    Long Live Mortal Kombat!!!




  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MKLegion For This Useful Post:


  6. #5005
    Kombatant FrancisManancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    101
    PSN
    BLXXDYMVRY
    Thanked: 24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Syzoth View Post
    Yes I am drunken a bit but still I have to say it out loud for once...

    Reptile not getting any love by Boon and Co and by the new generation fans is making me sick.

    Reptile was, is and always be iconic for being the original secret character and 3rd ninja... and of course for his amazing potrayal in the GOAT movie.

    But what have they done... Since 4 they try hard to make him a reptile... Yeah i got he is one... But the amazing thing was still that he was disguised as human... Instead they went even further in Deadly Alliance making him look like shit. Call me crazy... But for me a fighter named Reptile using a disguise as human is far more better than a fighter namked Reptile who even looks like a Reptile.

    Why isn't Scorpion as Scorpion or Rain a raincloud? Come on.

    But they had to correct it in MK 2011 and X... But now they again tried in the reboot to make him reptilian looking, which I have to admit looked far better, instead of going back to his true story... On top of that he is an absolute jobber in the stories and with all this mixed no one cared about him that much. He was the least used person in MK2011 and X... And that's how they destroyed an icon.

    All other ninjas got more love in their redesigns and yeah even in the story like for example Smoke, who got an whole chapter, and of coruse Noob Saibot. Ermac and Rain are debateable but still they look true to themselves while still very unique.... And hell even Tremor looks far better and was potrayed far better.

    So why Boon and Co doesn't understand what people liked about Reptile and how iconic he actually is instead of making him a mindless reptilian looking creature with no story purpose?

    And with MK11 we have reached the top... He isn't even there!!! In Deception they tried to give us a reason but now... Nope nothing... Instead we get all of the Special Boring Forces
    Theyre completely lazy and unimaginative when it comes to Reptile. Period. I mean we saw in MK X with his variations. And I dont know why they made him such a jobber all of a sudden.... I cant believe we got Kano again (who at the bottom in BOTH MK 9 and MK X) yet Reptile is gone. Nobody cared for Johnny Cage up until MKX when he was shoved down our throats. People always liked Reptile. I personally prefer Reptile to be a reptile than a "human". We have enough of those. These fairweather fans can drink lava though no one cares about them.

  7. #5006
    Kombatant FrancisManancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    101
    PSN
    BLXXDYMVRY
    Thanked: 24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MKLegion View Post
    It is what it is, while I wouldn't mind his inclusion, it's fine if he sits out a game. While him being in Kotal's crew was nice he wasn't really doing much outside of that.
    Its not fine when they include characters nobody asked for. They intentionally shun certain characters to make others look good. Like I previously stated, Johnny Cage was never that popular up until X. Fans didnt ask for that. They forced that shit. Because THEY like him. Its bullshit.

  8. #5007
    Lin Kuei Assassin Guyver Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,310
    PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Thanked: 345
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Maybe they are doing the whole Reptile is evolving storyline again for a post-credit cutscene.

  9. #5008
    Tarkatan Warrior DeBane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    351
    Thanked: 32
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Question:
    Has NRS addressed any other concerns that were tabled (by certain streamers and pro players), regarding the MK11's apparent "limited" gameplay variety / "red tape" clogging up its combo system (from being more creativity orientated)...?

    Also, has there been any mention of the offline component of the game, in terms of the customisation content -- i.e., whether the pertaining functionality will be locked to the player-1 side [only], as it was in Injustice 2?

    NB: I haven't been watching all the AMA's etc., since a couple of "Kombat Kasts" ago, and the only audience questions I heard proffered at the recent presentation (Noob / Tsung reveals), were of the frivolous "who's in the DLC" and "who's your favourite character" kind.


  10. #5009
    Lin Kuei Assassin Guyver Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,310
    PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Thanked: 345
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Gears will probably be the only unlockable character in MK11 seeing how he is a sub-boss. I feel like that you can unlock him by beating the story mode or defeating any Arcade ladder.

  11. #5010
    Tarkatan Warrior MKLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    414
    PSN
    mkawesome14
    Steam
    MKLegacyx
    Thanked: 139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrancisManancis View Post
    Its not fine when they include characters nobody asked for. They intentionally shun certain characters to make others look good. Like I previously stated, Johnny Cage was never that popular up until X. Fans didnt ask for that. They forced that shit. Because THEY like him. Its bullshit.
    Don't put other characters down just because a character you like isn't in, yea they pushed Johnny in X, but it's honestly the best development he's gotten in years and it was very much welcomed by fans.
    Long Live Mortal Kombat!!!




  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MKLegion For This Useful Post:


  13. #5011
    Tarkatan Warrior JinCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Johnny Cage wasn't popular? He's always been one of the more popular characters, this is a series with a lot of characters that people love. Saying nobody liked him doesn't prove your point it actually makes it so it's harder to take you seriously. I was never a huge JC fan but I know a ton of people who always loved him, yeah he got more story focus in MKX but he was popular long before that.

  14. #5012
    Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,121
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Thanked: 780
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver Spawn View Post
    Maybe they are doing the whole Reptile is evolving storyline again for a post-credit cutscene.
    I have never, ever, heard of canon evidence for this. The only source about it was a wikia article about Mortal Kombat Conquest, which obviously doesn't count. If this exists in any game or something, then there's one thing I've never seen in all those years of MK.

    I mean, Reptile is a reptile. He has never been human or evolving/devolving. It was just technology at the time, and MK:DA was a way they thought it would be better for him, but it wasn't. That's why Armageddon came back with the style that started in MK4.

    Also, I think they have chosen that design for MK:DA due Onaga's original form. Glad they changed that, he looked like a huge frog!

  15. #5013
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,681
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4943
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    I thought that was his story in DA? That he slowly devolves the longer he's away from his realm

    Imma do some research

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:


  17. #5014
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,681
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4943
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    I can't find it. Even watched a whole playthrough of his Conquest mode. I know I've read that somewhere though. Unfortunately a lot of Deadly Alliance's info isn't well kept on the internet.

  18. #5015
    Tarkatan Warrior dodheimsgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Age
    32
    Posts
    256
    Thanked: 21
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    About that Krypt avatar - isn't he a young Erron Black meeting Shang Tsung for the first time?

  19. #5016
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,681
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4943
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dodheimsgard View Post
    About that Krypt avatar - isn't he a young Erron Black meeting Shang Tsung for the first time?
    Looks nothing like Erron Black and the steam achievements mention that you "spear bodies"
    If anything, he's a Shirai Ryu member

  20. #5017
    Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,121
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Thanked: 780
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    I can't find it. Even watched a whole playthrough of his Conquest mode. I know I've read that somewhere though. Unfortunately a lot of Deadly Alliance's info isn't well kept on the internet.
    I have never seen a reliable source for this, but that was the story. But the Conquest I meant wasn't the Konquest. It was that show with Great Kung Lao, Taja, Siro, etc. That's the source used to backup this theory, because there was a reptile queen there, etc.

  21. #5018
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,681
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4943
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ledbetter View Post
    I have never seen a reliable source for this, but that was the story. But the Conquest I meant wasn't the Konquest. It was that show with Great Kung Lao, Taja, Siro, etc. That's the source used to backup this theory, because there was a reptile queen there, etc.
    Oh I know what you meant. I just now that the Konquest mode has a lot of lore that's often overlooked. When I was a kid, I mostly mashed through all the text lol

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:


  23. #5019
    Kombatant Kandy_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sunderland, UK
    Age
    29
    Posts
    200
    Twitter
    @Kandy_Man_1990
    Xbox Live
    KottonKandyMan
    PSN
    krout08
    Steam
    Kandy_Man_1990
    Thanked: 28
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    If I remember correctly, there was something you unlocked in the krypt that was a concept art piece called the devolution of reptile showing his MK2, MK4 and DA appearances. Don't remember which game that was from though. I also can definitely remember reading something in one of the bios that said the longer he's away from his realm the more reptilian he becomes.

    Edit: Taken from mortal kombat fandom.com under Reptile in MK:Deception "It is described in an unlockable photo of Reptile's home realm Zaterra that members of his race can lose their humanoid appearance when separated for long periods of time from their monarchical leader; given the fact that this authority figure - like most of his people - were most likely wiped out centuries ago by Shao Kahn, the fact that Reptile did not start to 'devolve' until after he assumed his master was killed at the end of Mortal Kombat Trilogy, and his race's natural camouflage ability to look like normal humans, it's more likely that Reptile's 'devolution' was a result of his increasingly maddening state overriding what mental capacity was required to maintain his human guise instead of a physical metamorphosis into a prior state of evolution."
    Last edited by Kandy_Man; 03-25-2019 at 04:13 AM.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kandy_Man For This Useful Post:


  25. #5020
    Shaolin Monk Noob-Zer013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    1,933
    PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Thanked: 570
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    I can't find it. Even watched a whole playthrough of his Conquest mode. I know I've read that somewhere though. Unfortunately a lot of Deadly Alliance's info isn't well kept on the internet.
    I remember it too. I'll have to bust out the ps2 but I'm pretty sure it was the character bio or perhaps concept art explaining that.

Page 251 of 337 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. mandead

Similar Threads

  1. Injustice 2 Media and Discussion Thread!
    By theincubuslord in forum Injustice: Gods Among Us General Discussion
    Replies: 1308
    Last Post: 07-13-2018, 07:54 AM
  2. Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread
    By Immortal Reaver in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 26081
    Last Post: 10-14-2017, 06:50 PM
  3. PC Version / General Discussion Thread
    By Rider in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 04:47 AM
  4. MORTAL KOMBAT X general discussion
    By ujustgotcaged in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 1242
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 11:22 AM
  5. Mortal Kombat 10 Storymode Ideas/Discussion Thread
    By Flying Jinko in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •