Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Liu Kang:
+ better overall
+ nunchucks are a good focus
+ nice damage potential on the OTG-masher punishes KB (does it work against FATAL BLOWS?)

- too tall for and Asian character that's not Yao Ming
- flying kick BK looks YOLO-y, promotes FB spamming and will likely rarely actually activate (who neutral jumps at full-screen?)
- teleports are rather un-Kang-y, and NRS games categorically do NOT need more teleport-athon match-ups

Kung Lao:
+ cool wing-chun stylings
+ hat ability variety expanded upon

- seems almost 'too' Kung Lao (doesn't look to have evolved much)
- not enough use of wing-chun punches
- too much 'hatsaw' in Fatal Blow

Jax:
+ tonk! tonk! tonk!
+ pugilist stylings / glow fists
+ a distinct, 'up-close' character
+ nice FB

- up-close-centricity may make him low tier (/avoided), when so many have 'blink-across-screen' / teleport abilities (as well as with how NRS games historically play in the final wash-up)
- may feel a bit "bland" (-Maximilion Dood) / one-dimensional, relative to how he seemingly must be played

KK6 overall:
+ x3 char. reveals
+ all chars. received break-downs
+ new stages

- some fan favs and newbies still being teased and held back (announced Shao Kahn as the first confirmed, playable char., yet, M.I.A. and kept schtum since day-dot... he better be worth the wait / pre-order :secruity:)
- no new info re. play modes / game functionality / content
- too much annoying self-fellatio / subliminal programming (YOU guys make the chars. -- we already know how "great" YOU guys think they are :???:)

Damn Liu Kang looks DAMN good
And his stance Lawd
Fast fireball
Amplified Bicycle Kicks FTW
After getting a good look at him I love the revenant look
Love the nunchucks and the variety they give
I’m impressed and satisfied

wow 3 characters in probably never going to play as. Liu Kang mabey. It would have been nice to see Fujin, Reiko, Havik, or a couple more new characters.

All three characters looked amazing IMO, Jax was the least interesting but it's because he was the least flashy and I think they may have gone a bit too far with some of his changes. That orange glow on the arms is distracting as well, I wish they hadn't gone that route but at least the character model looks great.

I actually prefer the lack of battle damaged because I hated how bloody the characters gotten in the match. I don't mind battle damage in MK because that's why I play it but it was overkill in MKX but not nearly as bad as MK9. I want my character to still look good even after surviving a grueling fight

Yeah I hated the battle damage in MK9, it just never looked good. I can see making them dirty, sweaty and even some blood here and there but no big cuts or chunks missing from their flesh.

Food for thought: Steam

LMAO, that guy not realizing that each krushing blow can be only used once per match. That's steam discussions for ya.

But yeah, I agree. The less homogenized the roster is, the better. I hope characters like Kotal Kahn and Baraka keep their simple, but effective big boy damage. While characters like Kung Lao and Liu Kang can still have their long but speedy combos.

LMAO, that guy not realizing that each krushing blow can be only used once per match. That's steam discussions for ya.

But yeah, I agree. The less homogenized the roster is, the better. I hope characters like Kotal Kahn and Baraka keep their simple, but effective big boy damage. While characters like Kung Lao and Liu Kang can still have their long but speedy combos.

You mean Fatal Blow?

Ok, first things first:

1. Liu Kang looks AMAZING. Can't wait to put him right beside Raiden, where he belongs. They really did justice to him, both versions. Deception feelings!;

2. Beta is cool so far, I think I went further on Scorpion, he is fun to play, death spin is so satisfying, and messing with the powers is pretty good. Will we have more powers? I mean, it did seem that we could do much more variations that that, specially with the slot limitation;

3. One thing I need to ask: I've seen a video that I have never seen before, maybe it was because I was busy last friday, but it wasn't streamed I think. Have you seen SHAO KAHN vs KOTAL KAHN? Shivers from that lol Shao Kahn was PISSED OFF. I'LL SOAK THIS SAND WITH YOUR BLOOD!

But do we have more clips other than that?;

3.1. On the same topic, somebody pointed that Shao Kahn's pronunciation is basically the same of the announcer. If you hear closely, looks the same. Shao Kahn the announcer once more? Because Kronika doesn't have that voice (would be pleasing if she was tho).

Thoughs on Beta. Skarlet is so overpowered. She gets huge damage and she restands you and gain 10% health back. Her zoning is so annoying . The tongue should be so minus. Scorpion without mysery blade is the most useless character idk why every thing he does is punishable. Nothing you can do to be safe

Indeed. Sometimes it really is embarrassing to be a gamer v_v

The less homogenized the roster is, the better. I hope characters like Kotal Kahn and Baraka keep their simple, but effective big boy damage. While characters like Kung Lao and Liu Kang can still have their long but speedy combos.
Yep... But, I would literally bet you a fiver that, by the time the game is in peoples' hands, Kang's 50%+ damage potential from that OTG counter will get nerfed.

I recall the KK where they were speaking to Baraka's damage output, and how they were "of course" going to nerf it... Now, he still seems pretty damaging for a non-boss / non-sub-boss / erstwhile NPC... However, with Kang being so spry (and potentially teleport-y), methinks the e-sports crowd / pro$ will start screaming about its pressure and near round-ending counter set-up potential, soon after the stress test 2 distraction subsides...

NB: I'm haven't been a Kang players since MKII. My hapless friend / punching bag is, however, and I've trolled him so severely since MKX dropped -- perhaps never taking a single match from me and my Jason / Goro cheesy trolling -- that I'd actually like to see Kang (and J. Cage -- his other fav.) be a bit more competitive at low-to-intermediate levels. Hence, my concern that they showed to much of Kang's hand, too early, and now the "balance" banshees will start screeching in earnest...

Jade and Skarlet are fun to play as!

I think Jade I need to practice more with Jade. Skarlet has similar moves to Jason Voorhees and Catwoman.

Kabal seems like a really solid character (as usual), has good combos and setups, was watching REO's stream and he was utilizing the custom airdash, against an unprepared opponent that move can be devastating, it just gives him so much air control along with the air saw. Jade is getting pretty mixed reactions, she looks decent to me but people aren't liking that she lacks combo and a lot of damage, but she seems to make up for it with good space control and timing. Will have to see how that shapes up with the rest of the cast. Really excited to see the meta develop.