Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Ill agree MKX's story had some pacing and tone issues, mainly because it had to introduce a timeskip, next gen characters, the Netherrealm war, and a whole slew of other plot points, alot of things that are hard to fit in roughly two hours. While I did enjoy MKX's story line, ill agree that it def wasn't as strong as 9. We have a new writer now, and now we don't have to worry too much about the story jumping around too much as everything is happening in the same time frame so no sudden flashbacks. While the SF will once again play a major role in the story, it also seems like we are getting a few more varied perspectives, if Jade and Kotal teaming up, Scorpion and Sub fighting the cybers, and Liu Kang and Kung Lao going against there revenant selves is any indication.

Ill agree MKX's story had some pacing and tone issues, mainly because it had to introduce a timeskip, next gen characters, the Netherrealm war, and a whole slew of other plot points, alot of things that are hard to fit in roughly two hours. While I did enjoy MKX's story line, ill agree that it def wasn't as strong as 9. We have a new writer now, and now we don't have to worry too much about the story jumping around too much as everything is happening in the same time frame so no sudden flashbacks. While the SF will once again play a major role in the story, it also seems like we are getting a few more varied perspectives, if Jade and Kotal teaming up, Scorpion and Sub fighting the cybers, and Liu Kang and Kung Lao going against there revenant selves is any indication.

I wasn't talking about overall quality. I just pointed out, that it wasn't dark. That's all.

That it is a hollywood type movie, that is obvious to everyone.

I wasn't talking about overall quality. I just pointed out, that it wasn't dark. That's all.

That it is a hollywood type movie, that is obvious to everyone.

Ill will agree it wasn't the darkest MK story no. In terms of production I will also agree that it leans more towards a hollywood film. Given what we know of the story so far (not counting leaks that I don't fully trust), I really do wonder where the series will go from here (in terms of plot and continuity not tone).

Ill will agree it wasn't the darkest MK story no. In terms of production I will also agree that it leans more towards a hollywood film. Given what we know of the story so far (not counting leaks that I don't fully trust), I really do wonder where the series will go from here (in terms of plot and continuity not tone).

Regarding that... I don't really care where it will go. Once Frost gets revealed, and I see MK11 PC Port. I am done with the series. They have nothing to offer to me anymore. So might as well, just see the last version, as I got the "gift" anyway.

4 years is a long time. I waited 4 years for new MK.. and got this? Yeah. Definitely not waiting another 4 years to be given a game made on Unreal Engine 3, and looking like crap (my opinion, subjective, my taste, not the universal truth etc)

Shao Kahn next (finally!)...?

kOyVosG.png

Thanks man, I thought it could be pre downloaded

Yeah that would have been nice but I saw a tweet on WB support twitter saying no preload. Hopefully they'll do one for the release version, not that it affects me as I have uber kollector's edition preordered :D

Yeah that would have been nice but I saw a tweet on WB support twitter saying no preload. Hopefully they'll do one for the release version, not that it affects me as I have uber kollector's edition preordered :D

There's a countdown timer in the pre ordered mk11 spot on my psn library, and in there they say mk11 will be available to pre download April's 21.

I’m confused. How are some ppl on the beta right now?? I preordered and I don’t see shit

If you preordered it digitally, just go to the store and type in Mortal Kombat 11 beta. You should be able to download it. I'm in the US, the beta's available for me. Though I can't play it until I get back home later.

If you preordered it digitally, just go to the store and type in Mortal Kombat 11 beta. You should be able to download it. I'm in the US, the beta's available for me. Though I can't play it until I get back home later.

Yea I had the physical premium edition. But shortly after I made this post I was able to find where the beta was for me.

But damn this Mortal Kombat will take some gettin used to...

Did anyone notice the lack of battle damage in the game? It’s a bit dissapointing, I loved it in MKX. Still super hyped for the game though!

I actually prefer the lack of battle damaged because I hated how bloody the characters gotten in the match. I don't mind battle damage in MK because that's why I play it but it was overkill in MKX but not nearly as bad as MK9. I want my character to still look good even after surviving a grueling fight

As expected Kung Lao's is always a beast. Always been one of my favourites.

That also includes Jax and Liu Kang