Page 241 of 373 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 7446

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ledbetter View Post
    I hope instead of nerfing Scorpion they should start presenting more menacing characters or buffs, because holy crap, he is absolutely hellish (literally).

They did an amazing job with him, I hope they don't nerf him, but I do hope other characters we know or other to come happen to be as strong as him, otherwise battles will only have Scorpion.
    Can you explain how you consider him so good? Nothing he does is safe and 2 stringa already lost their cancel and needs 2 meter bars to do damage

Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ramichaura View Post
    Can you explain how you consider him so good? Nothing he does is safe and 2 stringa already lost their cancel and needs 2 meter bars to do damage
    Scorpion is easily top tier. His damage is high and everyone that I see playing (well of course) with him it's just mayhem. Really cannot make an argument a la Ketchup and Mustard, but of the videos I have seen, he's obviously top tier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Skarlet needs all the nerfing can get. Amazing zoning and all her normals are great

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Scorpion is "good", only because he's EASY TO USE. This is how the character has been since, at least, MK9... And likely because he's, 1) the game's "Ryu" ("Ken"?), and 2) because he's Boon's best butt bummy brawler.

Notwithstanding his ease of use, Scorpion is rarely "top tier" -- when the complete roster is present. He's just the character most casuals jump on because of his 'plug 'n play' nature... A trait that's likely accentuated in MK11, given the game's slant towards "accessibility".
    ---

I hope instead of nerfing Scorpion they should start presenting more menacing characters or buffs.
    That won't happen. Nerfs are always the first, if not only port of call for game balancing--when it comes to modern day fighting games. It's largely why all characters feel so cookie-cutter and homogenised (in their own, respective right): Characters lack individuality -- be that via unique input command schemes or, as broached, distinctly differing statistical attributes (...aren't all MK11 chars. now universally set to 1000 HP?). Injustice tried to address this with its "traits" system... But, even those felt mostly derivative and unimaginative.

Characters like Goro or Shao Kahn should not be combo-heavy, rather, hit like Mac trucks. The former, although conveying a sense of being 'somewhat' stronger than the rest of the cast in 'X', was no "Goro" of old. The latter boss will likely also receive a caning with a similar 'diminution stick', come his reveal for MK11. I cannot see Kahn having anything unique (e.g., the inability / disinclination to jump and, thus, compensatory mechanics or distinct advantages -- such as, armour on specials or myriad "sorcerer" abilities), nor being a true "heavy", in the historical sense of the character class. I just and sincerely hope he gets is iconic taunts / trash talk... even if only as automatic exclamations imbued into his gameplay (e.g., after landing a KB or after a combo ender)

With e-sports being such a cancerous plague influence on how games are designed now, it's inevitable that they would always err on the side of caution, than on the side of risk... Even if the end result is a mundane product.
    >to win without risk, is to triumph without glory
    Last edited by DeBane; 03-17-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

NRS did well with Injustice 2's balancing. Only character who got unjustly buttfunked was Deadshot. They made his ass useless

PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeBane View Post
    Scorpion is "good", only because he's EASY TO USE. This is how the character has been since, at least, MK9... And likely because he's, 1) the game's "Ryu" ("Ken"?), and 2) because he's Boon's best butt bummy brawler.

Notwithstanding his ease of use, Scorpion is rarely "top tier" -- when the complete roster is present. He's just the character most casuals jump on because of his 'plug 'n play' nature... A trait that's likely accentuated in MK11, given the game's slant towards "accessibility".
    ---

That won't happen. Nerfs are always the first, if not only port of call for game balancing--when it comes to modern day fighting games. It's largely why all characters feel so cookie-cutter and homogenised (in their own, respective right): Characters lack individuality -- be that via unique input command schemes or, as broached, distinctly differing statistical attributes (...aren't all MK11 chars. now universally set to 1000 HP?). Injustice tried to address this with its "traits" system... But, even those felt mostly derivative and unimaginative.

Characters like Goro or Shao Kahn should not be combo-heavy, rather, hit like Mac trucks. The former, although conveying a sense of being 'somewhat' stronger than the rest of the cast in 'X', was no "Goro" of old. The latter boss will likely also receive a caning with a similar 'diminution stick', come his reveal for MK11. I cannot see Kahn having anything unique (e.g., the inability / disinclination to jump and, thus, compensatory mechanics or distinct advantages -- such as, armour on specials or myriad "sorcerer" abilities), nor being a true "heavy", in the historical sense of the character class. I just and sincerely hope he gets is iconic taunts / trash talk... even if only as automatic exclamations imbued into his gameplay (e.g., after landing a KB or after a combo ender)

With e-sports being such a cancerous plague influence on how games are designed now, it's inevitable that they would always err on the side of caution, than on the side of risk... Even if the end result is a mundane product.
    >to win without risk, is to triumph without glory
    I think Shao Kahn shouldn't be a kombo master, but I think he must have something close to MK:A version, where he had short kombos fitting better his heavy style. Still, to balance lack of kombos, I hope damage does the job and his powers. Because if he doesn't have much kombos and damage does not balance, he will be like MKX Shinnok, who was light years beyond previous incarnations but still very weak.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

I think Shao Kahn shouldn't be a kombo master, but I think he must have something close to MK:A version, where he had short kombos fitting better his heavy style. Still, to balance lack of kombos, I hope damage does the job and his powers. Because if he doesn't have much kombos and damage does not balance, he will be like MKX Shinnok, who was light years beyond previous incarnations but still very weak.
    Shinnok was one of the best characters in the game.

PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    Shinnok was one of the best characters in the game.
    Seriously? But how? I mean, I'm no pattern of a pro player or anything close, but I almost never saw anybody playing with him, competitions, etc. I played with him because I liked him (even though he was the 4th and the first as jobber).

As AI he was very annoying, but human player? I never heard of him being one of the best, I use to assume this was because his move set was extremely short. I wished he had the barrier and crimson lightning he had in story :\

Xbox Live
    XspitefulsnakeX
    PSN
    spitefulsnake
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welp looks like the beta stress test is done. It's was fun while it lasted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was awesome of them to open that klassic tower, I had so much more fun playing against the AI than I did against other people, I LOVE MK but I've never been great against other people.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JinCA For This Useful Post:

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dodheimsgard View Post
    I guess Boon doesn't want me to pre-order.
    Where's Fujin?

PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dodheimsgard View Post
    How? Looks like Boon being Boon to me.

Black Dragon Recruit white_ninja's Avatar
    PSN
    DimaDD
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think Rain is in. There is no way there are only three male ninjas. Rain has been highly requested for MKX and he has never been on the roster except for UMK3 on home consoles from the beginning. Armageddon doesn’t count since even Meat and Mokap are playable.

His picture is also on the purple gaming mode picture. I think they don’t reveal him for hype reasons. During the reveal SonicFox‘ main character was Rain as well. So, chances are high enough.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to white_ninja For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If you ask me, I believe Boon / the devs do want to make characters more diverse -- "bosses" cheesy like bosses should be; "ninjas" spry like ninjas should; "magicians" replete with tricks and wiles... But, the push of e-sports and with the Damoclese of "balance" constantly dangling over their heads, prevents most of their visions being realised (see: "Amplify" inputs back-pedal).

In this sense, this presents another argument for a dedicated "[insert preferred name]" mode, where game balance is thrown out of the window, in favour of fun and staying true to the franchise.

This way, competitive play could still be balanced to 'Karate Fighting Man 1 vs. Karate Fighting Man 2' oblivion, while still preserving what made the game popular in the first place. Trying to uphold both design philosophies is not possible in the same gameplay environment; and, as such, the fun factor is what is almost always compromised.
    (*Suffice to say, they will never do this kind of "Omega" mode -- because they'll argue ye olde "it will split the community" non-contention; meanwhile, actually fearing that most will play the 'unbalanced' version of the game, and ignore the "proper" regulation...)

Just look at SFV: All "tournament ready" and "balanced" up the wazoo -- yet, one of the most boring "AAA" fighters on the market today. If NRS do not heed the warning proffered by the dead SFV coal mine canary, Mortal Kombat 11 will go the same way. One, fleeting "stress test" in, and people are already airing concerns about "limited gameplay" this and "bland and boring" that... Despite all the obvious positive aspects of MK11.

PSN
    mkawesome14
    Steam
    MKLegacyx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's some MK news for ya, Seems that we might be getting a dual reveal with Kotal this Wednesday, no word if it's a non-revealed character but it's possible, also C2E2 this friday might hold another reveal of some form. And finally on reddit, Tyler implied we might be getting a lot of info on the roster next week.
    Long Live Mortal Kombat!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MKLegion For This Useful Post:

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKLegion View Post
    Here's some MK news for ya, Seems that we might be getting a dual reveal with Kotal this Wednesday, no word if it's a non-revealed character but it's possible, also C2E2 this friday might hold another reveal of some form. And finally on reddit, Tyler implied we might be getting a lot of info on the roster next week.
    Why do you say we might get a dual reveal?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Two reveals this kombat kast. One of them is not Dvorah tho. My guess is Erron Black

PSN
    mkawesome14
    Steam
    MKLegacyx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    Why do you say we might get a dual reveal?
    https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/st...77189254856706

Look in the replies.
    Long Live Mortal Kombat!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MKLegion For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I wonder if they will find anything new with possibly data mining the beta next week?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mortal Kombat Guests

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DFGHTENNIS For This Useful Post:

Page 241 of 373 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast

Thread Information