Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I like Sektor and we never really had a game where he is the Tekunin master also frost is so childish and naive so i can join the group too

Noob and Shang look great, if that's what dlc is looking like I might just pick up the pack, hard to say what that means for unlocks, it's pretty up in the air. The Tekunin stage peaks my interest in terms of story importance, watching sub and scorp double team the bots is going to be sick.

Okay, so quick question. . So if I preorder it on ps4, will I be able to cancel it after the beta?

Just asking because I want to get it on PC, but there's no PC beta, so I want to try the beta on my PS4.

Is the character in the krypt trailer the character on the conquest select screen? Wearing very similar gear. Even has the sash. Rain deconfirmed

Is the character in the krypt trailer the character on the conquest select screen? Wearing very similar gear. Even has the sash. Rain deconfirmed

Yeah, seems to be the same guy. And going by the steamdb leak he uses a spear. So he's probably Scorpion or Shirai Ryu related.

I think Shang Tsung should have been on the main roster, to be honest. I feel like he can easily have a role in the story mode because he has been gone in over 20 years in the MK universe. I can see him easily working with Kronika.

Okay, so quick question. . So if I preorder it on ps4, will I be able to cancel it after the beta?

Just asking because I want to get it on PC, but there's no PC beta, so I want to try the beta on my PS4.

You can pre-order it on Amazon and do that. Amazon wont charge you until the item ships, which it wont if you cancel right after the beta. But if you pre-order through PSN then no. They don't do refunds.

First of all: Noob Saibot looks SICK.

Well, they did take MK9's formula and took his fatality to another level.

While we were all sure he was in (because leaks), I'm very glad that we FINALLY can interact Noob in a chain where Sub-Zero and Scorpion are together. As Kuai Liang and Hanzo's story have always been convoluted into a BS rivalry that could have ended many times, after MKX did what was to de done in UMK3 we can once and for all understand the relation that remains of Noob and Sub-Zero, but also Noob and Scorpion, because while Quan Chi killed Hasashi's family, Bi-Han killed him, and then was killed by his revenant.

Noob and Sub-Zero have been teased in MK:D and MK:A was very short about it, with an easter egg in MK:SM, a game that's not canon. But I'm glad that now both of them can face each other at their peaks, in a world where Shirai Ryu and Lin Kuei join forces. Dominic also mentioned something very worthy of praise: the idea that Bi-Han represents not only a revenant, but everything that was evil in Lin Kuei, the very things that Kuai Liang wants to purge, and the exact thing why in the original trilogy Scorpion noticed it wasn't his killer.

[...]

I must confess my eyes started those small crying burns in my eyes when I saw Hanzo and Liang. I have waited for so long for this.

[...]

You know, I have deep respect if BBBLP and Misucra wow out if Frost turns out to be the new Tekunin leader. To me, however, if they take this turn, I not only think it's a logical and great way of making Frost relevant, but also connects to something might be very rich.

As the Lin Kuei pursues their sins, Sektor is basically the great figure of corruption of the clan, because not only raised in the old ways like Bi-Han, he turned that into absurdity with the cyber initiative he took over. That was something so big that we got the Tekunin. But if Frost came with that same old idea of the past, it's completely logical to me that - considering the two major ideologies that came to surface between the great icons of Sub-Zero and Sektor - she turns to be a Sektor follower, and for that she makes the lead of the Tekunin. The corruption of the Lin Kuei became exponential with the cyborgs, I bet she would prefer this than going full revenant like Bi-Han.

Would I like her to be forever Tekunin leader? Nope. That's Sektor's place. But in a game where time versions are colliding, I think it would be an interesting twist. I just wonder, going backwards this idea, why would she be Kronika's Jill Valentine.

And after that stage, I find very unlikely this plot won't be a secondary huge part of the game. Sub-Zero is a no show, now we have Noob, we got Frost, Scorpion siding with him, I think we are going to explore better the Lin Kuei.

[...]

Edit: and how could I forget? We were all right about Shang Tsung! And Tagawa makes an amazing role once again.

Still...Shang was said to be unlockable. By making him DLC...doesn't that puts in check that leak list?

The trailer description also mentions that Noob Saibot was "between realms" and now he's back. So something similar to what happened to Scorpion in Deadly Alliance must've happened to Noob in the Soulnado.

I honestly wouldn't be too upset if Frost led the Tekunin. I'd only like it if she was a full cyber herself though.

It turned out that long time MKX theory that I supported and Commander also did - minus the part of the cleaning Noob's soul - was right. Soulnados takes to other realms, but differently from MK:DA-MK:D, it might have taken him between the realms instead of the Heavens - that isn't a realm and also would "rip him apart" according to MK:DA.

It seems this is present Noob then. I wonder if his past self will be MK2 Noob, but maybe everybody has been thinking: could we have Bi-Han? Maybe as an alternate skin to Sub-Zero, because I doubt they would add freezing abilities to Noo if he had a Bi-Han skin.

You can pre-order it on Amazon and do that. Amazon wont charge you until the item ships, which it wont if you cancel right after the beta. But if you pre-order through PSN then no. They don't do refunds.

Thank you. PS4 website's wording makes it pretty confusing. Seems you can cancel preorders for the xbone though. So I'll just do that. I use an xbone controller when I play on PC, so I think it'll work out.

I am mad that all the people who asked questions didn't ask if there are unlockable characters

No. They actually tried to ask, but were quickly silenced and removed from the crowd, without anyone noticing.

It is a well known fact, that NRS exmploys actuall ninjas, to silence fans with sensitive questions..