Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

They announced an MK character for DLC when the main game is not even out yet. At least announcing a guest fighter would make more sense to announced.

So Shang is the DLC.

Yes, that's interesting - it also confirms the rumour about Shang Tsung's island being a part of the Krypt. One of the 'leaks' was that completing the island unlocked Shang, completing Outworld unlocked Mileena, and completing Edenia unlocked Rain.

So I wonder now if they 'moved' Shang from base to DLC, due to his popularity, and it may be that Rain and Mileena are indeed still unlocks. We'll see.

Is it wrong? or was it misinterpreted by the leaker. He is in the base game. They likely found out he was in the krypt and assumed he was unlockable.

Yes, this is my thought exactly. I think it'd be a huge coincidence for a leaker to say that Shang Tsung's island is part of a huge new Krypt. I think it's perfectly logical to assume that someone saw Shang was in the game and assumed he was an unlock - perhaps he was at one point intended to be, but they figured he'd be a good choice for DLC as he's iconic and he'd sell a lot.

If the Krypt has sections on Edenia and Outworld then... well...

Yes, this is my thought exactly. I think it'd be a huge coincidence for a leaker to say that Shang Tsung's island is part of a huge new Krypt. I think it's perfectly logical to assume that someone saw Shang was in the game and assumed he was an unlock - perhaps he was at one point intended to be, but they figured he'd be a good choice for DLC as he's iconic and he'd sell a lot.

If the Krypt has sections on Edenia and Outworld then... well...

That is very plausible. The leaker could have literally seen Shang in the game roster during the testing/development and gottent the wrong idea.

Yooooo, I thought that was a Special Forces stage where they had Triborg hostage and were experimenting on him. But it's a Tekunin stage!!! With that one leak being fake, maybe we actually might have a cyborg on the roster!

It makes no sense for them to model this stage and not have it be relevant in the story. SOMEBODY has to fight in that stage at some point, and I don't think it'll be Baraka who's guarding it.