Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

While I like Kotal as a character, he's play style isn't something of my taste just like in MKX.

Jacqui on the other hand is the kind of fighting style in terms of being a heavy combo-like character similar to fighters like Kung Lao and special moves that are not too flashy.

and DLC! I wonder who's gonna be this time.
Almost certainly likely Shao Kahn. Why?

• he is, technically, "DLC"

• Boon is infamous for playing with words in order to troll

• for a to-be-revealed character, Shao Kahn (SK) has already been shown extensively in trailers, and as being rather integral to the plot of the story (*do Scorpion and Subzero even play a part in the overarching MK11 story?) -- people want to see what this character has to offer, given he's not just a mere "add-on", like comparable chars., Goro and Darkseid were

• they all but cannot reveal post-launch DLC before the main roster is finalised -- it would not only be incongruous, but, it would also create a bitter taste in the mouths of people who aren't getting their favourite kombatant/s -- think: "You're hocking DLC before you're even telling me whether or not my [insert favourite char.] is in or out?... WTF?!" (...and no consumer likes the already dubious DLC racketeering done so in-your-face as to become patently insulting)

• the first DLC "packs" are traditionally revealed just before launch (to wet last minute pre-order appetites of those on the fence about jumping on board)

• Kotal was just revealed and people have been asking for a "Kahnurai Showdown" since the Kahns were both confirmed to be present in the game

• Boon has alluded to "fixing" what some interpreted as an ignominious reveal for the char. (Kotal being 'Fatalised' by Briggs in their reveal trailer) -- a Kahn vs. Kahn reveal so soon after, would go some way to placating disgruntled 'caretaker Kahn' fans

• in the last Kombat Kast, said match-up was not only alluded to, but, they even said they were playing it out in testing -- which can be read as them preparing for the SK reveal next

• the pre-order DLC is more pressing DLC to clarify to customers, than the post-release packs are -- pre-orders and "deluxe" retail version/s of the game hinge on people knowing what they are paying for

• SK was even slated as being gameplay demo'd at the MK11 reveal (see: leaked e-mail) -- only being held back due to the character's apparent insufficient development state at that time (i.e., they've had the intention to show the char. off for some time now)

• SK was literally the first char. confirmed for the game (Scorp' and Raiden featured in the CGI trailer, but, not confirmed per se) -- it's becoming ridiculous to hold him back for so long... almost MK9/2011 ridiculous, where they had him as a playable char. reveal (complete with bio--as with the other characters who were periodically revealed) at the official website, only to 404 the site, its pertaining discussion forums... and a playable SK :_mad:
---

If it's not Shao Kahn (but, one of the characters in the DLC "packs"), it will be some of the stranger marketing strategies I've seen with kind of a step-by-step game revelation... And I think some people may not be happy about it (*I don't care -- I'm patient -- he's in and that's good enough for me). The only way I could qualify it not being Shao Kahn, is if it's Michael Myers... (!)

Last edited:
While I'm pulling for Shang Tsung and Reptile, I'm hoping Mileena either sits this game out or is DLC. I just want to see Twitter explode if Mileena isn't in the game

I don't hate Mileena. But her fans always act they are mistreated. Every single game they get Mileena and yet every reveal we get we see WHERE IS MILEENA. They are so annoying

I don't hate Mileena. But her fans always act they are mistreated. Every single game they get Mileena and yet every reveal we get we see WHERE IS MILEENA. They are so annoying

I'm exactally this fan: WHERE'S MILEENA??

To me, doesn't exist MK without Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Mileena, Sonya, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Shao Khan and Raiden.

I'm exactally this fan: WHERE'S MILEENA??

To me, doesn't exist MK without Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Mileena, Sonya, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Shao Khan and Raiden.

Maybe you can sit this game out then? ;)

Sadly, I think she'll be one of the unlocks.

"You don't wanna miss the panel"

Doesn't show anything. Puts yellow screen instead. So just say, that people won't see anything.

What an awful live show... They teased us for 3 days about the "monster" amount of content they will reveal, and, this shit stream doesn't show us any image of the game. Really???!!!