Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Ed Boons comment on the roster size. "About 25" that mean 25 with 3 secret characters?

Also who do you guys think will be the first dlc character? Has to be a guest. Hopefully Spawn

Probably a guest.

As for any MK characters that are DLC, I'm not expecting them to be any MKX characters that aren't already on the base roster.

Wait... didn't Ed Boon give Soul Calibur 6 shit for announcing DLC content before the game launched? I mean. It is cool to reveal stuff, but just kinda hypocrite of him.

Well MK11 is only a few weeks away from now. It would be different if they announced DLC months ago.

I don't see an issue with announcing DLC close to release when you are selling a deluxe edition that includes them, people should know at least one or two characters that they'll be getting before they pay the extra money. Plus unlike the way Capcom did things in the past the Kombat Pack characters won't be on the disc and hidden behind a paywall, they just aren't done yet.

They are most likely going to announce a guest fighter similar to how they first announced Jason for MKX. My bets are that they will announce Spawn since the event is at a Comic Con and announcing him will be a good way to build up hype.

https://mortalkombat.com/roster/

Roster site is back up. Still has 29 squares. So looking like a good possibility of 25 + 3 Unlocks. Still up in the air what the 29th would be, but most likely the first DLC character being announced this week.

I would have thought the 29th would be Shao Kahn as he's technically not base roster, you need to pre order to get him, and he has a DLC mark against his icon on the roster page

It's not going to be Shao Khan that they are going to show off on Friday because they would list it down as "Shao Khang gameplay reveal". It's most likely going to be a guest character announcment.

https://mortalkombat.com/roster/

Roster site is back up. Still has 29 squares. So looking like a good possibility of 25 + 3 Unlocks. Still up in the air what the 29th would be, but most likely the first DLC character being announced this week.

Why would 1 of the 6 KP1 characters be on the 29-slot roster? That makes no sense.

The 29 slots must surely be the base roster + Shao Kahn + unlocks. We're not absolutely sure yet whether Kronika has a playable form, but I'd assume she will. Anyway, even if she doesn't, it could just be 25 + SK + Shang + Rain + Mileena... or maybe one is indeed Shinnok.

Anyway, the only DLC character on the website (right now) will surely be SK.

Why would 1 of the 6 KP1 characters be on the 29-slot roster? That makes no sense.

The 29 slots must surely be the base roster + Shao Kahn + unlocks. We're not absolutely sure yet whether Kronika has a playable form, but I'd assume she will. Anyway, even if she doesn't, it could just be 25 + SK + Shang + Rain + Mileena... or maybe one is indeed Shinnok.

Anyway, the only DLC character on the website (right now) will surely be SK.

Fairly sure the devs have said Kronika is not playable, but that's absolutely how I saw the roster page: 25 base, 3 unlocks, 1 pre-order

Jax was leaked via the German roster page. They accidentally put his bio over Jacqui's. Nothing of note, just mentions that he lost his arms, loves his family blah blah blah

Jax was leaked via the German roster page. They accidentally put his bio over Jacqui's. Nothing of note, just mentions that he lost his arms, loves his family blah blah blah

Imagine if, in some bizarre misguided tribute to Michael Jackson, they made Jax white in MK 11 and hinted that he'd had some of that skin pigmentation treatment during his breakdown/AWOL period. So when the two Jaxs meet, the original/young Jax is black and has arms, and the current/old timeline Jax is white and has metal arms.