Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

5 characters in 2 weeks sounds good to me. Does anyone know how many revealed characters that would total? I have a feeling we'll have seen most if not all of the roster come release date if they're pushing for more characters per Kombat Kast

Game is coming out in 5 weeks or less, so it makes sense for them to start dropping reveals like candies.

Why do I have a feeling they're gonna wait until they show off the rest of the MKX returnees before they show off any more newcomers and vets that weren't in MKX?

Two reveals this kombat kast. One of them is not Dvorah tho. My guess is Erron Black
I posted about the need for two(2) character reveals, not long after the base roster was leaked. Reason being, at the rate they were revealing stuff (less than a single character per week, minus an in-depth break-down), we'd get less than half of the roster by release day. How were people (i.e., non-fanboys) supposed to decide on whether or not to get the game, if they did not know what was in it?... Much less, get the "deluxe" version/s, when they knew nothing about what was in said packages...?

In other words, either it's an uncanny coincidence, or they simply were of the same "it's been leaked... we'll need to give 'em more to maintain the hype" opinion that I was... Either way, I'd expect two (or more) reveals for the remaining five weeks.
---

Why do I have a feeling they're gonna wait until they show off the rest of the MKX returnees before they show off any more newcomers and vets that weren't in MKX?
Hmm... I'd say that Shao Kahn would be last (DLC aside).

If memory serves, Goro was also "Kombat Kasted" very late in MKX's pre-release schedule -- if not shown only post-release; and although I'm unsure of Darkseid (*I didn't follow Injustice 2's build-up), I'd imagine he was also similarly scheduled -- as a quasi "boss", belatedly revealed add-on. That, and one of the leaks (the pre-reveal one) implied that Kahn wasn't ready to be shown off [at the reveal] -- suggesting that he 1) wasn't and may still not be ready (hopefully, because he needs more voice work for his taunts, and other tweaking, as he's not as cookie-cutter as a, say, Scorpion... and not because he'll be some half-assed, cobbled-together, rushed "pre-order" DLC), and 2) that they're prioritising the normie chars. over the less normie ones.... And the same rule could be applied to the newbies.

They may even feel that assuring potential fans that their favourites are present and accounted for, is a better marketing strategy than risking revealing chars. that people might initially see as 'iffy', or that take some time to 'acclimatise' to, before they become endearing (*"Kollector", for example, looks like some mini Goro / Na'vi / LotR orc / Wormtongue hybrid -- not the typical "Ryu" or "ninja klone" archetype that would necessarily seduce a Jerry Casual at 'hello'...).

Last edited:
I really hope Cetrion will be one of the characters revealed between this week and and next week so I can get to know more about her.

Wait... didn't Ed Boon give Soul Calibur 6 shit for announcing DLC content before the game launched? I mean. It is cool to reveal stuff, but just kinda hypocrite of him.

We knew of Tira months before SC6 came out though while we are getting only the first DLC revealed this week. March is just about finished and they have to let us know who will be on the season pass before mid April

We knew of Tira months before SC6 came out though while we are getting only the first DLC revealed this week. March is just about finished and they have to let us know who will be on the season pass before mid April

Lol explain this to 80 other idiots under Ed's tweet. And they're bringing up Shao Kahn.