Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I got a stress test code too
So far I like feel of this little piece of the game we’re getting
I’ve lost more than I won
I got hit with some nasty combos that did a reasonable but not super high amount of damage
I almost did a combo that started from a Krushing blow into a fatal blow
Pokes at the right time has saved my life as well as space control and the beloved corner
Scorpion is fun to play with
These are my fresh first thoughts

I got a stress test code too
So far I like feel of this little piece of the game we’re getting
I’ve lost more than I won
I got hit with some nasty combos that did a reasonable but not super high amount of damage
I almost did a combo that started from a Krushing blow into a fatal blow
Pokes at the right time has saved my life as well as space control and the beloved corner
Scorpion is fun to play with
These are my fresh first thoughts

Alright. I’ve silently been keeping watch on this blog since before MKX but I’ve come to the realization that a ton of people here haven’t accepted the fact that MK9 was a reboot to wash away the terrible joke that was MK:DA, MK:D and MK:A. Those games were Midway nightmares. NRS has the gall to maybe continuing to revamp the garbage characters that were the turd Midway game rosters . I enjoyed the little Easter eggs in the MK9 and MKX arcade endings, but the Edenia brothers or Shujinko showing up in the current games canonicly would ruin the whole reboot. Those stories were terrible.
Not that I wouldn’t love to see the NRS treatment of characters like Havik, Sareena or Lei Mei, but the story mode characters from the PS2, XBOX era need to stay disappeared.

Troll detected. MKDA, Deception and Armageddon may not have had good gameplay, but the stories were amazing and felt like real Mortal Kombat.

If you're saying that the kombat kids era is better, then screw you and your kombat kids!

I only had time to get around 10 matches in after work, and got abused, but overall it looks amazing and feels great. It is definitely slower paced, but that pace gives it a certain "heft" if you will.

I like what I've played so far, I don't usually play online so this won't be something I do much of once the full game comes out. I've had some issues with lag here and there but overall when it's working it feels great. I don't get the complaints some had about it feeling "slow" honestly it feels better to me, I thought MKX was a little too fast if anything.

One item of interest for me, which I may have missed discussion on earlier, is that Fatalities and Brutalities are items in the character customization screen. I'm starting to wonder if some of NRS talk about the amount of content in the game might revolve around the number of fatalities/brutalities. Because there really isn't any reason to include them in character customization if there are a static number (2).

I doubt there will be additional fatalities, as the series have never really gone beyond two outside of klassic packs in mkx for specific characters. But it would be pretty cool.

I wonder what Scorpions going to be doing in MK11 with a bio like that.

Dedicating his clan to avenging the vengeance of the unavenged.

Hopefully NRS has something new for Scorpion after they settled all that revenge stuff with Quan Chi in MKX.

I wonder what Scorpions going to be doing in MK11 with a bio like that.

Dedicating his clan to avenging the vengeance of the unavenged.

Hopefully NRS has something new for Scorpion after they settled all that revenge stuff with Quan Chi in MKX.

Scorpion will avenge his family and clan by killing young scorpion because he didn't avenge his family and clan sooner

Scorpion will avenge his family and clan by killing young scorpion because he didn't avenge his family and clan sooner

But... won't that kill the old Scorpion? If young Scorpion is dead, then the old one dies as well...

Ah. I get it. Scorpion will be commiting a time based Hara Kiri on himself, for bringing a great shame to his family.