Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

From the MK11 website

bwetKIh.jpg

Attachments

• bwetKIh.jpg
    bwetKIh.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 87
The other slots are probably DLC slots. Don't get too hyped up.

That....doesn't make any sense.

If you just add in the characters we basically know are in:

Kitana
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Frost
Kotal
Kollector
Cetrion
Noob
Jax

You are left with 3 spaces. Which essentially matches the number of characters that have been rumored unlockable.

KP1 is 6 characters. If you add spots to the select for the KP the character select is balanced out.
QWbLhLh.jpg

This was on the official site, so its not like they accidentally just added too many spaces.
There is a slim chance that the base roster is actually 29 sans the unlocks. That leaked Character select had 34 spots on it.

Last edited:
I don't know what to make of this one, on one hand I want to be optimistic and say this means a larger base roster, but at the same time they could be DLC slots so it's really hard to say, time will tell I suppose.

Alright. I’ve silently been keeping watch on this blog since before MKX but I’ve come to the realization that a ton of people here haven’t accepted the fact that MK9 was a reboot to wash away the terrible joke that was MK:DA, MK:D and MK:A. Those games were Midway nightmares. NRS has the gall to maybe continuing to revamp the garbage characters that were the turd Midway game rosters . I enjoyed the little Easter eggs in the MK9 and MKX arcade endings, but the Edenia brothers or Shujinko showing up in the current games canonicly would ruin the whole reboot. Those stories were terrible.
Not that I wouldn’t love to see the NRS treatment of characters like Havik, Sareena or Lei Mei, but the story mode characters from the PS2, XBOX era need to stay disappeared.

I apologise for my bad English, I would love to see a reinvented deadly alliance, deception story.

I think it would be amazing if the new deadly alliance was Shao Kahn and neatherealm Liu Kang, that’d be a awesome team right there.

That 29th slot is probably just to include Kronika's bio, I don't think we're gonna get one more character

That also makes no sense. Kronika is already a known/announced character in the game. If she had a bio slot it would have been on the page with all the other announced characters. "Roster" is the list of playable character. Kronika was already confirmed to not be playable.