Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Via @ Osakakingu on twitter:

D1MGXbHVAAAGlPJ.jpg:large

Should we worry?

I mean, if Kronika is really mother of two Elder Gods, I think I might suspect why she isn't mother of all. But even being only of two, I imagine she goes at the least Elder God lever, or beyond.

Still, IF she is an Elder God as Shinnok was, as Cetrion is...I think the latter will find more easy to abandon her status. Kronika probably turned the table.

Would make sense too. As I suspected in the beginning, her clothes at the least resemble Wrathful Shinnok a little. And so far, we have seen death, life, time would be a fitting "theme" for an Elder God, instead of wind, thunder, etc.

Just editing something I just remembered. These are Pablo Hurtado's heads for MKX. A better look:

pablo-hurtado-jinsei-heads-main.jpg

source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9yo2v

While Kronika being an Elder God or something of that level would make sense, I'm still not entirely sure, I feel like maybe the Elder Gods had instead created/tasked Kronika with the creation and preservation of the timeline, similar to how they tasked Raiden and other gods to protect their assigned realms. And after said blunder god threw a can of paint on her magnum opus, she decides to go rogue and forcefully reset the timeline.

I still don't understand the whole eldergod/protector nonsense.

That tends to happen, when a game doesn't have established Lore, and drags everything out of its a$$.

Basically. Elder Gods are the highest beings in MK universe.

Their job is pretty much to make sure that realms do not merge, so not to ressurect the one being. They are the guys who thought of the Tournament system as well.

Then there are Gods like Raiden that act as Guardians of every realm... I think.

And now with Kronika turning out to be Shinnok and Cetrion mother, that means that there is something else above Elder G... Cheezus. This is messed up.

Point is.

Elder Gods
Gods
Mortals

But what is Raiden? Was he once an Elder God? Maybe it was the old timeline but I remember it being something like he was an elder, but then gave up his status. And what is Fujin if Raiden is Earthrealm's protector? Do the Elder Gods have a limited number? Do they get replaced? What happens if they all give up their status?

We need that lore encyclopedia so bad

But what is Raiden? Was he once an Elder God? Maybe it was the old timeline but I remember it being something like he was an elder, but then gave up his status. And what is Fujin if Raiden is Earthrealm's protector? Do the Elder Gods have a limited number? Do they get replaced? What happens if they all give up their status?

We need that lore encyclopedia so bad

Look, as Misucra said, there is no written lore about this. However, the source is very clear about this.

The Elder Gods administrate the realms. They are the ones that defeated and shattered the One Being into the realms. Judging by the number of realms, the number of Kamidogu and the number of gods we usually see, we might say there were 7 Elder Gods against the One Being (6 Kamidogu + Amulet [Shinnok]), then the latter was banished. Judging by MK4/MK:A, a 7th regular God could be promoted to Elder Gods status, so they can be replaced, at the least I think Raiden and Argus assume Shinnok's position.

Raiden and Fujin are referred as Gods. They were never referred as Elder Gods, and they obviously call those supreme beings as something they are, but none other, like themselves. There is no indication that Gods cannot die, on the contrary, many of them die, but MK:D reversed dialogues that mention Gods never die, they only get reunited somewhere else (like Raiden did after being corrupted by Onaga after his sacrifice). Gods like Raiden and Argus can be promoted to the status of Elder Gods, as it happened in MK4/MKG and MK:A, respectively. They were not born as Elder Gods but they can assume roles as if they where.

MKX showed us, on the other hand that Elder Gods cannot die. They cannot be harmed and won't be reunited because they simply cannot die. If you cut Raiden's head, he'll die, but he'll resurrect. If you cut Shinnok's head...you know what happens. In the same game, Raiden's death is something that can happen, even if he's resurrected. Shinnok mentions about not wanting to killi Raiden and Kung Jin says the Thunder God would die. But the game is very explicit that NOTHING can kill an Elder God.

No other gods except Raiden and Argus have been mentioned as protectors of any realm. Shao Kahn is not a god, but he was mentioned by Onaga as something close to Raiden: an advisor. Raiden and Argus were very clear about being protectors of Earhtrealm and Edenia, once again respectively.

About giving up their status, it's probably chaos. They are the only entities that prevent power hungry individuals usually driven by the One Being to merge the realms. Still, they have rules, and they are a-holes. All of them would never give up their status. Raiden only did that because he wasn't one of them, and wasn't used of seeing BS and stand still. If Cetrion gives up her title, she gives up only the chair, she will forever be immortal just like Shinnok, because she was born an Elder God.

The "Elder" name gives the notion it's superior. I see two ways: either Kronika is something superior than Elder Gods - and why not mother of them all, maybe they are brothers, maybe that what I said to Vogel wasn't very far from the truth - or she is one of them, controls an essential aspect of the universe - time, like death, life, we don't know what more -and gives up same way Raiden did in MK:DA.

...Shao Kahn is not a god, but he was mentioned by Onaga as something close to Raiden: an advisor. Raiden and Argus were very clear about being protectors of Earhtrealm and Edenia, once again respectively...

In MKD...

Shao Kahn and Raiden are same race (backwards speech)...

Shao Kahn is a god, if not just an immortal. Why would he call the other fighters mortals?...

In MKD...

Shao Kahn is a god, if not just an immortal. Why would he call the other fighters mortals?...

It is a prevailing theory that Shao Kahn before stealing Outworld away from Onaga, was originally outworld's protector god, what he was a god of can only be speculated, who most likely gave up his title for the sake gaining more power and conquering the realms (possibly due to the influence of the One Being).

It is a prevailing theory that Shao Kahn before stealing Outworld away from Onaga, was originally outworld's protector god, what he was a god of can only be speculated, who most likely gave up his title for the sake gaining more power and conquering the realms (possibly due to the influence of the One Being).

This is a great backstory. If it's true Raiden would somehow repeat Shao's way transforming from a protector into an aggressive warrior.

In MKD...

There's no affirmation ever that Shao Kahn is a god. Onaga says he was an advisor to the realm, not a god. He does says he was an advisor like Raiden, still, the latter is a god without a shadow of a doubt.

Well, he started calling others mortals in MK3, during that time not even the "Raiden protector of Earthrealm" was stablished as it is today.

If he was a god that gave up his position to overthrow Onaga, that would be a fantastic idea. Maybe a God of War (the deity)?

However, Shao Kahn is known for being a soul stealer (if not the greatest). I guess he would call everyone mortal regarding the fact that killing him took the Elder Gods to do so.

Would be nice to make this right if Kronika was like "you were a god once, I can make you again". (he would probably respond "I am a god" lol).

That comes from the comparison of Onaga between him and Raiden, as in the other quote, Onaga was very specific on not saying Shao Kahn was a god. I would like the idea. The One Being influence, however, might be a little off to consider him a god, since as far as we know, the gods are not part of the kollection (the regular ones, cause the Elder Gods we are sure they aren't), and Shao Kahn is indeed influenced by him.

It's fake, it's been out for a while. "Leaked" by the same guy who made the fake dlc list.

"The 9 squares are 6 DLC characters and 3 secret characters."

And then names at least 9 DLC characters. Awesomesauce. Yeah, I'm calling fake as flark. Sounds like complete horse$hi# which makes no sense, especially the part with Jax.

Last edited: