Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I really wish NRS would start adding extra stages as DLC. If other fighting games can add more stages for DLC, so can MK. Give MK their own stage to go along with them. For example:

Fujin - Wind Temple
Sindel - The Cathedral
Nightwolf - Bridge
Reptile - The Dead Pool (Acid Pit from MK2)
Shao Khan - Shao Kahn Tower (Bell Tower) from MK3

For guest, Spawn can have the back alleys of New York City.

I would like to see a modern rendition of the Dragonfly arena from deadly alliance. Not the greatest arena but it has potential and with today's technology they could make it a great arena.

... I want to know why Frost is bald.

Is she another character that has a double? I mean, they're going to have to explain her appearance looking very different now than what it was in X, even if that appearance made zero sense.

As a diehard Frost fan, I loved seeing her in X, but I hated that it had no reason. We first see her appearance in X's storyline in the comics as an underground fighter. Next, we see her traveling to Sub-Zero saying that Raiden asked her to participate in some tournament the Lin Kuei supposedly has.
Then we see her confronting Scorpion claiming that there's no peace between the Lin Kuei and her clan.

A.) I guarantee she wasn't even a thought when the war happened between Scorpion's clan and Sub-Zero's.
B.) Sub-Zero is the grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, everyone who is with him at his temple would basically side with him, so why is Frost not?
C.) Her cameo was just another "Let's find a way to freeze her since two of her three endings resulted in her getting frozen over stupid decisions

So, what is this Frost gonna be like, I'm already super pumped that she's in the game, but I want to see more damnit.

Sub-Zero rules. Yeah :D

I really wish NRS would start adding extra stages as DLC. If other fighting games can add more stages for DLC, so can MK. Give MK their own stage to go along with them. For example:

Fujin - Wind Temple
Sindel - The Cathedral
Nightwolf - Bridge
Reptile - The Dead Pool (Acid Pit from MK2)
Shao Khan - Shao Kahn Tower (Bell Tower) from MK3

For guest, Spawn can have the back alleys of New York City.

I mean if you want to get technical, MKX did add the pit as a free stage, but yea it would be cool to see more stages added, maybe we can get the scarab temple from deception

... I want to know why Frost is bald.

Is she another character that has a double? I mean, they're going to have to explain her appearance looking very different now than what it was in X, even if that appearance made zero sense.

As a diehard Frost fan, I loved seeing her in X, but I hated that it had no reason. We first see her appearance in X's storyline in the comics as an underground fighter. Next, we see her traveling to Sub-Zero saying that Raiden asked her to participate in some tournament the Lin Kuei supposedly has.
Then we see her confronting Scorpion claiming that there's no peace between the Lin Kuei and her clan.

A.) I guarantee she wasn't even a thought when the war happened between Scorpion's clan and Sub-Zero's.
B.) Sub-Zero is the grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, everyone who is with him at his temple would basically side with him, so why is Frost not?
C.) Her cameo was just another "Let's find a way to freeze her since two of her three endings resulted in her getting frozen over stupid decisions

So, what is this Frost gonna be like, I'm already super pumped that she's in the game, but I want to see more damnit.

Sub-Zero rules. Yeah :D

According to leaks (which have been proven already)

She is bald, cause Kronika remade her into a Cyborg. You can see her in Story Trailer standing behind Kronika with a cowl. Blue robotic arms stick out. And you can see a mask as well (from a different shot)

A.) She is an after thought. Yes.
B.) Frost was a power hungry one sided, villain. So she will be like that here as well. Judging by comics, she will want revenge on Cassie.
C.)Amen to that.

Most likely will play with lots of gadgets. Would be nice if they also added a human version. I mean it would be cruel for Frost fans, to be stuck with a robot, after waiting for so many years. But they won't be this cruel. Right? They definitely won't dedicated all customization options just for Cyborg body.

Frost seems so random for Kronika to pick up. She made her own golem with Geras, but decided to recruit and cyberize one random, irrelevant character?

Who knows, this might be Frost's big moment. For her to be hidden in a cowl, maybe she's Kronika's secret weapon or something.

It does feel in character for Frost to seek out someone who would offer her a chance to grow stronger, since she always seemed to have a survival-of-the-fittest I have to be the best attitude, and I am curious what her construct design will look like, I do feel like her old lin kuei design is coming back as a skin, like the revenants had with there human skins.

Most likely the reason sub doesn't have any scenes in the trailer is cuz he might have a lot of interaction with Noob and Frost, two characters they want under wraps for now.

Frost a cyromancer. Kronika wanted someone who could freeze time. Boom. Thats ny logical at least, as to why Kronika enlists Frost

Now that we're on the subject, one thing I'm curious about Kronikas plan is, why exactly is she gathering all these armies and doing all this time bending stuff? Like what exactly does she need to reset the timeline that she doesn't already have with her super powerful hourglass that heroes want to take control of?

Now that we're on the subject, one thing I'm curious about Kronikas plan is, why exactly is she gathering all these armies and doing all this time bending stuff? Like what exactly does she need to reset the timeline that she doesn't already have with her super powerful hourglass that heroes want to take control of?

One of the guys in my Discord server, has a pretty solid theory about that.

She is charging up her Hourglass. If her plan is to reset the time (what devs said), she might need quite a lot of power for that. And while she charges it, Netherrealm/Outworld forces will be defending it in the meantime. After all, when she is addressing Shao Kahn, she asks, if he could protect her/new era.

Frost seems so random for Kronika to pick up. She made her own golem with Geras, but decided to recruit and cyberize one random, irrelevant character?

Who knows, this might be Frost's big moment. For her to be hidden in a cowl, maybe she's Kronika's secret weapon or something.

I'd rather have someone like Nitara joining Kronika.

One of the guys in my Discord server, has a pretty solid theory about that.

She is charging up her Hourglass. If her plan is to reset the time (what devs said), she might need quite a lot of power for that. And while she charges it, Netherrealm/Outworld forces will be defending it in the meantime. After all, when she is addressing Shao Kahn, she asks, if he could protect her/new era.

That would make sense, and perhaps the more her hourglass charges, the more the lines of history blur and characters like Young Johnny and Sonya start getting pulled in too, and also allows for the future heroes to end up in past locations. A countdown to the end of the timeline if you will.

Yeah. I think this will be my last message here (in this thread). To be honest, I don't really have anything to contribute at this point and I saw that I have posted some messages here, just to give me an excuse to vent out my disappointment. I mean, every time I write about this game, it just causes me to boil.

I dislike most of the things about this game. Gameplay, whole game art direction, character designs, so what the f%ck am I even doing here? I am not even gonna buy the game and I just keep bringing negative vibes. Not to mention it seems some of my messages attracted one or two keyboard warriors, who are itching for a internet fight, instead of just letting it go, like grown man.

Anyone who will buy this game on a console, has nothing to worry about anyway. They deliver there. And I don't think there is anyone on this forum stupid/naive enough to have some sort of hope for PC Port (or even buy it on PC), so at this point I am just mumbling the same way, as Savage did in MK11 Cinemtic Trailer. Boring and completely off topic.

Like you mentioned. Raiden said: Our story has to be retold. Old timeline era is gone, this game is not being made for people like me anymore. So I will just take my advice "Don't like it? GTFO" and use it.

Thanks again. Your message literally made me think about certain things. I think MK being a childhood game, and giving me inspiration during rough times (where I grew up it was pretty violent, so that's ironic), got me too attached to it.

So have fun guys. I really do hope that everyone here will be able to enjoy the game to the fullest. (even the keyboard warriors)

You know what? I think you should have your moment. Maybe moving on from MK, at the least for a while, might give you closure, bring you new air to breathe. I don't know if there are similar popular saying outside Brazil like this, but we usually say "if advices were good, they wouldn't be given, but sold".

So here goes my advice: move on a little, take your time. But here and then, check it out. When the game is released, see what goes on PC, watch the story if you must. Maybe not on release, but some day. The game is made for people like us, despite different opinions, we who join forums to discuss, see lore different ways, talk about art choices, etc. The old timeline is gone, but MK lives on. One day we were at MK vs DC, it wasn't good for me at all, but one day we were at the edge of extinction. Maybe MK11 gets a better taste then, or maybe MK12 could be your game.

Just wish you well, cool your head, we all got attatched to MK in a way, I'm sure you will find your direction. And as BBBLP said, you are passionate (a LOT) about some things - like Frost- your voice is important. I know it won't change WB's mind (who knows), but hey, we are discussing and all.

Think about this too. But if it got heavy and only causes you to boil, take the necessary time. MK by MK, we will always be here like lovecraftian creatures resurfacing from the deep to discuss from time to time!

Reptile will likely be DLC since we always get a Ninja character for DLC (We had Rain in MK9 and Termor in MKX). They probably have a human reptile, lizard humanoid and full evolved Reptile (As seen in MKDA) for people to customize.

This is the perfect time to include Human Reptile. Loads of people, including myself, have been begging for him since Deadly Alliance. Him being DLC could nullify any sort of box NRS has written themselves into regarding his physical regressions into a lizard.

Excerpt from an interview with GameReactor

D1MOOeAXgAEdZ_L.png:large

As a diehard Frost fan

Definately best female character in MK.

I loved seeing her in X, but I hated that it had no reason.

It had a reason, it makes perfect setup for MK11 - now she has grudge against Sub-Zero (MKX game) and Cassie (MKX comics) and if the spoilers were true:

Spoiler:
Sub-Zero won't have much luck this time.

BTW guy did NRS mentioned thet EVERY character (I mean, not counting Kombat Kids etc.) have his past self?

Since Baraka is dead, it would be impossible but maybe?... It would be awesome, alt. Kabal would be MK3 good guy or Deception's Black Dragon leader? Frost - evil one or member of Earhrealm team?

All we know we have:
good and revenant versions of Liu Kang, Jade, Kung Lao
Dark Raiden and good Raiden
current Kano and MK3 Kano
old and young Cage

Last edited:
I don't think every character will have a "past" self, but we might see alternate timeline versions of characters. We're already seeing that with Erron Black, who was summoned by Kronika. There's no word on where Kotal's Erron is.

Poor Reptile missing out on this game, he could of interacted with another saurian. Even if it is a past version of himself.

The thing I don't like about Reptile is that he is just a character that for the most part feels like he has to be subjugated to one person/master similar to how a baby cannot function without his/her parents. He has been following orders since the beginning of the franchise from his higher ups only to get crapped on in the end. He barely even knew who Nitara was and yet he was already following orders from her shortly after Khan's supposed death. At least Baraka is the leader of his won clan and form what I have seen in MK11, he seems like someone who can stand on his own. Stand up for yourself Reptile and stop getting bullied.

Gameplay wise, he is still a cool character.