Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Spoiler:
View attachment 9871

1:22 VERY QUICKLY

Did past Johnny Cage just DIED? He looks very dead to me here. It's very quick, he doesn't move in the fraction of time he appears, and his face is very dead. Also, lots of people are dead on the floor where Kano uses the minigun. Seriously, how bad this could be? Does Kronika evades paradoxes? Does the goofier JC dies? I really caught this by seen the blue and think "oh, it's Sub...nope. Wait..."

Even if he is, it's the younger version, not the 'canon' one. So it's all good, I guess.

Was this a good thing then? I hope so.

Yeah. I think this will be my last message here (in this thread). To be honest, I don't really have anything to contribute at this point and I saw that I have posted some messages here, just to give me an excuse to vent out my disappointment. I mean, every time I write about this game, it just causes me to boil.

I dislike most of the things about this game. Gameplay, whole game art direction, character designs, so what the f%ck am I even doing here? I am not even gonna buy the game and I just keep bringing negative vibes. Not to mention it seems some of my messages attracted one or two keyboard warriors, who are itching for a internet fight, instead of just letting it go, like grown man.

Anyone who will buy this game on a console, has nothing to worry about anyway. They deliver there. And I don't think there is anyone on this forum stupid/naive enough to have some sort of hope for PC Port (or even buy it on PC), so at this point I am just mumbling the same way, as Savage did in MK11 Cinemtic Trailer. Boring and completely off topic.

Like you mentioned. Raiden said: Our story has to be retold. Old timeline era is gone, this game is not being made for people like me anymore. So I will just take my advice "Don't like it? GTFO" and use it.

Thanks again. Your message literally made me think about certain things. I think MK being a childhood game, and giving me inspiration during rough times (where I grew up it was pretty violent, so that's ironic), got me too attached to it.

So have fun guys. I really do hope that everyone here will be able to enjoy the game to the fullest. (even the keyboard warriors)

Yeah. I think this will be my last message here (in this thread). To be honest, I don't really have anything to contribute at this point and I saw that I have posted some messages here, just to give me an excuse to vent out my disappointment. I mean, every time I write about this game, it just causes me to boil.

I dislike most of the things about this game. Gameplay, whole game art direction, character designs, so what the f%ck am I even doing here? I am not even gonna buy the game and I just keep bringing negative vibes. Not to mention it seems some of my messages attracted one or two keyboard warriors, who are itching for a internet fight, instead of just letting it go, like grown man.

Anyone who will buy this game on a console, has nothing to worry about anyway. They deliver there. And I don't think there is anyone on this forum stupid/naive enough to have some sort of hope for PC Port (or even buy it on PC), so at this point I am just mumbling the same way, as Savage did in MK11 Cinemtic Trailer. Boring and completely off topic.

Like you mentioned. Raiden said: Our story has to be retold. Old timeline era is gone, this game is not being made for people like me anymore. So I will just take my advice "Don't like it? GTFO" and use it.

Thanks again. Your message literally made me think about certain things. I think MK being a childhood game, and giving me inspiration during rough times (where I grew up it was pretty violent, so that's ironic), got me too attached to it.

So have fun guys. I really do hope that everyone here will be able to enjoy the game to the fullest. (even the keyboard warriors)

C'mon, man … don't be like that.

I can understand being put off by the lack of PC port support. But what is it about the gameplay that is so off-putting to you? Or did you lose your passion for MK the second they went 3D (MK4 and afterwards)? Y'know, straight 2D fan and all?

As for the time travel, it seems that MK is taking the DC / Marvel route and is slowly creating its own multiverse. Changing the past doesn't erase the past timeline - it merely changes the future of the current timeline. Think of the Hulk / Maestro time travel clusterf*&k, if you will.

Art direction is completely subjective, so I cannot comment there.

C'mon, man … don't be like that.

I can understand being put off by the lack of PC port support. But what is it about the gameplay that is so off-putting to you? Or did you lose your passion for MK the second they went 3D (MK4 and afterwards)? Y'know, straight 2D fan and all?

As for the time travel, it seems that MK is taking the DC / Marvel route and is slowly creating its own multiverse. Changing the past doesn't erase the past timeline - it merely changes the future of the current timeline. Think of the Hulk / Maestro time travel clusterf*&k, if you will.

Art direction is completely subjective, so I cannot comment there.

He's just not into the game, it is what it is, we should just respect his opinion and move on, I'm glad he recognized that lingering on it here wasn't healthy, see ya Miscura, hope you find a new game to enjoy (or come back here if you ever change your mind).

I do want him to come back and drop his thoughts on Frost when she's revealed. He's super passionate about her, and I'm interested to hear his what he has to say .

He's just not into the game, it is what it is, we should just respect his opinion and move on, I'm glad he recognized that lingering on it here wasn't healthy, see ya Miscura, hope you find a new game to enjoy (or come back here if you ever change your mind).

I guess I can sympathize, in a way. I too was pissed at Capcom for butchering Resident Evil during 5 & 6. I stopped listening to RE announcements and generally didn't bother with the franchise until its much needed revival with VII. Now I'm passionate about RE once more.

I would still wait and see how the final product is at the end of the day.

Overall, I like 85% percent of what I have seen from the game and anticipating the secret contents the company has yet to announce so there is much to look forward.

I'm giving it a 9 right now. I'm going to hold off on a 10 until we see Kollector gameplay. I need to see if he can scratch the Shokan/Reptile itch. Plus I want to see how well Frost satisfies my CyberDesires.

I'm also giving this roster a 9/10. Kollector will definitely satisfy my Reptile needs, but I really want to see Havik. Ever since I read the MKX comics.

Yeah roster is shaping up to be pretty good. 7-8 for sure. Could use a few post MK4 characters, but the inclusion of new interesting characters can make me forget about them.

After seeing Kano gameplay I think he is from running to be my main. Never was a huge fan of grappling characters until Injustice 2, but Bane has changed all of that. I cant see any other character being more grappler heavy than Kano

I'm okay with the roster, though the customization options are could be better. The accessories like headgear and weapons are alright, but the clothing/armor for the most part look too similar for a given character. Hopefully, there better choices that can be unlocked in the game.

For me i don't think a character can replace another in. Like even if Kollecter has some Reptile playstyle that doesn't mean that i totally forgot about Reptile. I would still want him in. I like each character to be unique

I just said good bye. I meant it. Wanted to walk away. Unfollowed anything related to MK.

Like on purpose....

I have some good friends. Really. Nice guys with good intentions. And it seems one of them was oblivious to the cause of my bad mood. So he decided to lift my spirits with a surprise gift on Steam. He thought I would jump from joy.

I mean, the dude is a nice guy, but right now I consider him a COMPLETE. F%CKING. IMBECILE.

He gifted me Mortal Kombat 11. With a note "Enjoy!"

And not just standard edition. PREMIUM one.

Guys. What did I do to deserve this shit?

Heh, I mean, at least you don't have to pay for it. You can try to leave the Kombat but the Kombat won't leave you.

I just said good bye. I meant it. Wanted to walk away. Unfollowed anything related to MK.

Like on purpose....

I have some good friends. Really. Nice guys with good intentions. And it seems one of them was oblivious to the cause of my bad mood. So he decided to lift my spirits with a surprise gift on Steam. He thought I would jump from joy.

I mean, the dude is a nice guy, but right now I consider him a COMPLETE. F%CKING. IMBECILE.

He gifted me Mortal Kombat 11. With a note "Enjoy!"

And not just standard edition. PREMIUM one.

Guys. What did I do to deserve this shit?

You deserve it, because you are a good guy.
Perhaps, you are disappointed AF with this game but at least you can give it a try without investing a penny. Enjoy!