Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I loved Shao Kahn's new design on the other hand. He looks glorious, reminds me of his alternate in Unchained/Armageddon. I'm so happy to see him once again, and this time he's totally unchained vibes where he lost the throne and is gathering people.

Seeing him with many of Outoworld's people was nice too. Kotal Kahn was shown to be a warrior that united the realm under respect, Shao Kahn was always the fear feature, but those gathered with him really looked like a diverse and respected union. Also, not only Tarkata.

I'm starting to think that maybe they retconned his arm tho. Unless there is some good reason for him to be that way, but it seems he was pulled off the past like everyone else. I just love when he's pissed off, but he does know how to play a game, and seems like he's gonna play Kronika's.

I wonder what he thinks he might win in this new era...

Kotal Kahn and Shao Kahn cannot exist at the same time. One of them is definitely going to die in this game.

I saw the story trailer while I was at work and just about yelled in my quiet ass office. Everything looks so cool. The highlight for me was Kabal deflecting bullets with his hookswords.

I am curious about the scene with Kotal Kahn and Jade fighting those Outworld crabs. If you slow that scene down, you can also see that Jade is just about to be swarmed by Tarkatans. I'm wondering if that means we'll get a good look at what life is like for Baraka and his people. Call me optimistic but I'm really hoping this game turns my boy into something other than a punching bag and gives us some insight into the tribe's customs and traditions are.

Kotal Kahn and Shao Kahn cannot exist at the same time. One of them is definitely going to die in this game.

If we go by this line of thought, I bet Shao Kahn will persih (again).

Not because Kotal Kahn is stronger, because absolutely no way he is stronger than Shao Kahn - very few of them are - but I don't think they will restore Outworld to what it was.

Kotal might have acted like a pussy last time, (and I'm gonna be very angry if he plays the betrayal game AGAIN, but I think this won't happen now) but he is a great leader. I'm gonna trust again, hope I won't be disappointed once more, but with Kittelsen in the crew, I think Kotal might rise to his glory again as a character.

Even his looks are 200% better. While Raiden's ending was cool, I think Outworld and Earthrealm should work together, so we can move on too. If Kotal rises victorious, I do hope he goes this path. If Shao Kahn wins, we better keep Dark Raiden.

If we go by this line of thought, I bet Shao Kahn will persih (again).

Not because Kotal Kahn is stronger, because absolutely no way he is stronger than Shao Kahn - very few of them are - but I don't think they will restore Outworld to what it was.

Kotal might have acted like a pussy last time, (and I'm gonna be very angry if he plays the betrayal game AGAIN, but I think this won't happen now) but he is a great leader. I'm gonna trust again, hope I won't be disappointed once more, but with Kittelsen in the crew, I think Kotal might rise to his glory again as a character.

Even his looks are 200% better. While Raiden's ending was cool, I think Outworld and Earthrealm should work together, so we can move on too. If Kotal rises victorious, I do hope he goes this path. If Shao Kahn wins, we better keep Dark Raiden.

I think this will be the last part of the "Trilogy"

Speaking of story trailer...

Is it 3 timelines in one???

1. Old Mortal Kombat timeline (1992-2006)

2. New Mortal Kombat timeline (2011)

3. New Mortal Kombat timeline + 20 years (2015 - 2019)

This seems like the Mortal Kombat 1 ending (Raiden's ending)...

Would like to see 1992 Sub-Zero interact with 2019 Sub-Zero (Tundra).

Bet he'd be proud of his younger brother becoming the grand master of The Lin Kuei!!!

Shinnok should be the one to destroy Kronika, aided by Raiden, Fujin and the Special Forces. As repayment, Shinnok is restored to his former status as an Elder God and from then on is one of the good guys.

To balance it out, Shao and Kotal team up as co-kahns and basically kill everyone else.

No one would see that ending coming!

Sounds so strange. It might just happen lol...

What do the WWE storylines and the MK storylines have in common nowadays? (Note: that was a rhetorical question)...

Last edited:
What do you mean? MK9 - MK11?

Pretty much. It does feel like Trilogy.

MK9 - Raiden starts a new chain of events by changing the timeline. Shinnok plans events from the shadows. Earthrealm and Outworld are left weakened.
MK10 - Shinnok attacks and is defeated.
MK11 - Shinnok's mommy (Kronika) gets pissed and brings both past and present to deal with Raiden and his defenders. Once and for all. All big players come out. In a way both MK9 and MKX merge into MK11 for grand finale.

Speaking of story trailer...

Is it 3 timelines in one???

1. Old Mortal Kombat timeline (1992-2006)

2. New Mortal Kombat timeline (2011)

3. New Mortal Kombat timeline + 20 years (2015 - 2019)

This seems like the Mortal Kombat 1 ending (Raiden's ending)...

Would like to see 1992 Sub-Zero interact with 2019 Sub-Zero (Tundra).

Bet he'd be proud of his younger brother becoming the grand master of The Lin Kuei!!!

Nah. Very unlikely. I think it is one timeline, but just past and present being brought together. The old timeline with Armageddon is gone.

I don’t think the old timeline is completely gone. The timeline that started with MK9 exists because of Raiden messing things up. There are also references in intros like between Jade and Baraka. Jade says something like „In my world you are dead“ meaning Baraka from the new timeline who was killed by D‘Vorah. I really think the old timeline is part of this.

Anyone else think 16 Bit is acting a bit stuck up in these Kombat Kast videos? Maybe its just me but I've been getting arrogant vibes from him lately.

Go to 58:10. He gets insulted by a simple question.

Anyone else think 16 Bit is acting a bit stuck up in these Kombat Kast videos? Maybe its just me but I've been getting arrogant vibes from him lately.

I think it is just a joke. But 16 bit has the weirdest change ever. He suddenly turned into a feminine skinny Sjw pc guy lol

I don’t think the old timeline is completely gone. The timeline that started with MK9 exists because of Raiden messing things up. There are also references in intros like between Jade and Baraka. Jade says something like „In my world you are dead“ meaning Baraka from the new timeline who was killed by D‘Vorah. I really think the old timeline is part of this.

That's what Revenant Jade says. She died in MK9, while Baraka was still alive, Baraka died in MKX. So of course in her "world" (a.k.a time) he is dead. Because this Baraka comes from MK9 time.

According to Kronika, Raiden changed the time completely. Once he sent the message to his past self, the actions of past Raiden, made sure that future events didn't come to pass.

And here, let me show you, how they dropped the ball with both story potential and made Kronika into another generic villain with "F$ck you, that's why" motivations.

A. Timeline is one straight line.
So Kronika doesn't like how her perfect timeline got changed (she literally says that in Story Trailer). That means one thing. Timeline is a one constant line. Raiden actually erased the OG timeline, by sending a message to his past self. BUT. If timeline is one line, this creates a problem. If Raiden's actions made it, so that future events didn't happen, then that means, that future Raiden never sent a message, which means Raiden in the past couldn't receive the message, because THAT future Raiden didn't even exist to begin with. Perfect example of a Paradox.

B. There is more than one timeline.
What I originally thought. Raiden's actions fractured the timeline, by creating numerous timelines with different outcomes. That means, that OG timeline still exists, because the message has been successfully sent to Raiden. So that means, that Kronika has NO REASON at all, to be mad. She still got her perfectly designed timeline.

BUT

In this very Story Trailer, Elder Gods tell Raiden:

"Every being, you're ERASED from the temporal Armageddon."

Hence it means there is only one timeline. Which would make it strange for Kronika to drag warriors from the erased timeline. How can she find them, if they don't exist? If she can drag them out, that means that OG Timeline still exists, but if it exists, then wtf is her problem? She got what she wanted. Sigh...

Basically, they didn't even bother thinking this through. They could have added more dimensions to Kronika, by making it so, that Raiden's actions created infinite amount of timelines, which caused chaos and uncertainty in Kronika's domain, and she actually has a valid reason, why she wants to fix that, as she is worried about entire existence. So that doesn't make it so black and white and you can see her point. But INSTEAD.

She literally spills out her intentions in the most generic villain monologue. She just DOESN'T LIKE IT. Ok.

And before someone says "you can't say that just from the trailer".

Well...
1. A lot of you will say I am digging too deep with this complex "time travel explanations and paradoxes". I shouldn't take it so serious, as it is fighting game with silly mechanics. Just turn off your brain and enjoy. EXACTLY. That means, that this story will be a generic Hollywood B level junk which will follow every cliche you have seen. I mean look at MKX story mode. Cliche after cliche.

2. They literally showed all key scenes in Story Trailer. How long the story mode will be? 2-3 hours at best.

3. How can I be so sure? Aside my track record for successful guesses and multiple signs... they definitely won't be investing a lot in story mode. Hence why it will be a generic villain story. Nice visuals, subpar story and after that. Tower BOIS! CONTENT! KRYPT!

4. I think anyone who watched movies/played games, knows that the story will end with generic black and white ending.

Look at Injustice 2. They could have created a perfect moral dilemma moment with Superman and Batman. They could have shown, that Superman still wants to police earth, but his fight with Brainiac could have revealed to him, that acting as a solo Dictator is not an answer, and only together they can accomplish greater things. Which would make him realize the importance of loyalty and respect between his friends, instead of treating them as his minions.
While Batman doesn't want people to be governed by one major superpower, that dictates what can be or cannot be done. But in his case, if we decide to go with Batman's way, crime and conflicts will still continue to happen, while in Superman's ending, people won't have complete freedom, but will have peace.

But NOPE. They just made it completely black and white. Literally. Batman wins, you get good guy's ending. Superman wins, you get generic evil ending.

So it will be the same with MK11.

Here are the endings. Good guys win, bad guys win.

P.S... Sorry... I just wanted to write a short response, but... eh every time I write about... THIS thing...

Eh, I know this. I also started getting that shit. To be honest can't realy blame him that much. It tends to happen with artists/creators.

We tend to delve deeper into things, so once you get someone going "basic" on you, you start thinking "Madafawka... how can you NOT UNDERSTAND?"

Though it is no excuse, but I am just explaining where that tends to come from. It usually isn't even on purpose. It just comes out that way.

In my case I keep reminding myself "Other people don't sit like you and spend hours dragging their nose against this shit, so of course they won't know. Acting like an ass, won't help them understand."

That's what Revenant Jade says. She died in MK9, while Baraka was still alive, Baraka died in MKX. So of course in her "world" (a.k.a time) he is dead. Because this Baraka comes from MK9 time.

According to Kronika, Raiden changed the time completely. Once he sent the message to his past self, the actions of past Raiden, made sure that future events didn't come to pass.

And here, let me show you, how they dropped the ball with both story potential and made Kronika into another generic villain with "F$ck you, that's why" motivations.

A. Timeline is one straight line.
So Kronika doesn't like how her perfect timeline got changed (she literally says that in Story Trailer). That means one thing. Timeline is a one constant line. Raiden actually erased the OG timeline, by sending a message to his past self. BUT. If timeline is one line, this creates a problem. If Raiden's actions made it, so that future events didn't happen, then that means, that future Raiden never sent a message, which means Raiden in the past couldn't receive the message, because THAT future Raiden didn't even exist to begin with. Perfect example of a Paradox.

B. There is more than one timeline.
What I originally thought. Raiden's actions fractured the timeline, by creating numerous timelines with different outcomes. That means, that OG timeline still exists, because the message has been successfully sent to Raiden. So that means, that Kronika has NO REASON at all, to be mad. She still got her perfectly designed timeline.

BUT

In this very Story Trailer, Elder Gods tell Raiden:

"Every being, you're ERASED from the temporal Armageddon."

Hence it means there is only one timeline. Which would make it strange for Kronika to drag warriors from the erased timeline. How can she find them, if they don't exist? If she can drag them out, that means that OG Timeline still exists, but if it exists, then wtf is her problem? She got what she wanted. Sigh...

Basically, they didn't even bother thinking this through. They could have added more dimensions to Kronika, by making it so, that Raiden's actions created infinite amount of timelines, which caused chaos and uncertainty in Kronika's domain, and she actually has a valid reason, why she wants to fix that, as she is worried about entire existence. So that doesn't make it so black and white and you can see her point. But INSTEAD.

She literally spills out her intentions in the most generic villain monologue. She just DOESN'T LIKE IT. Ok.

And before someone says "you can't say that just from the trailer".

Well...
1. A lot of you will say I am digging too deep with this complex "time travel explanations and paradoxes". I shouldn't take it so serious, as it is fighting game with silly mechanics. Just turn off your brain and enjoy. EXACTLY. That means, that this story will be a generic Hollywood B level junk which will follow every cliche you have seen. I mean look at MKX story mode. Cliche after cliche.

2. They literally showed all key scenes in Story Trailer. How long the story mode will be? 2-3 hours at best.

3. How can I be so sure? Aside my track record for successful guesses and multiple signs... they definitely won't be investing a lot in story mode. Hence why it will be a generic villain story. Nice visuals, subpar story and after that. Tower BOIS! CONTENT! KRYPT!

4. I think anyone who watched movies/played games, knows that the story will end with generic black and white ending.

Look at Injustice 2. They could have created a perfect moral dilemma moment with Superman and Batman. They could have shown, that Superman still wants to police earth, but his fight with Brainiac could have revealed to him, that acting as a solo Dictator is not an answer, and only together they can accomplish greater things. Which would make him realize the importance of loyalty and respect between his friends, instead of treating them as his minions.
While Batman doesn't want people to be governed by one major superpower, that dictates what can be or cannot be done. But in his case, if we decide to go with Batman's way, crime and conflicts will still continue to happen, while in Superman's ending, people won't have complete freedom, but will have peace.

But NOPE. They just made it completely black and white. Literally. Batman wins, you get good guy's ending. Superman wins, you get generic evil ending.

So it will be the same with MK11.

Here are the endings. Good guys win, bad guys win.

P.S... Sorry... I just wanted to write a short response, but... eh every time I write about... THIS thing...

I really enjoyed reading your post. However, if I were to guess what Kronika's problem is, I think it is simple: she's pissed off that someone is messing with her work. She thinks Raiden stepped out of line by doing what he did and therefore, she has to flex. I do think there's a little more to her anger than him dipping his hands in her work, though. What I imagine will happen is that Raiden's screw up will blend the timelines together and there will be utter chaos, rather than one flowing stream. This might be more than Kronika can handle, which would obviously be upsetting for someone who is tasked with being the Keeper of Time.

We will find out soon enough.

I think this will be the last part of the "Trilogy"

I've been thinking of MK games since MK9 just like that, as a Trilogy that will end with MK11. Question is, will NRS still develop another MK that is a continuation of current story?

We are reaching point when the most crazy shit happens so anything less epic will feel like a decline.

Armageddon? Epic Ragnarok-like battle to gain ultimate power? Awersome.
MK9? Messing with the past, preventing apocalypse, the most insane 'what if' scenario that could happen at that moment.
MK10 was anticlimatic. It's just MK4 with second round for Shinnok. Boring.
MK11? An ultimate reviosion of Armageddon's unplanned proceedng, with Elder Gods participating directly and with the existsence of reality at stake. Could anything after that be interesting?

Next game will be a prequel, event in times of The Great Kung Lao or Deadlly Alliance / Deception remake with modern story mode and necessary retconning.

I really enjoyed reading your post. However, if I were to guess what Kronika's problem is, I think it is simple: she's pissed off that someone is messing with her work. She thinks Raiden stepped out of line by doing what he did and therefore, she has to flex. I do think there's a little more to her anger than him dipping his hands in her work, though. What I imagine will happen is that Raiden's screw up will blend the timelines together and there will be utter chaos, rather than one flowing stream. This might be more than Kronika can handle, which would obviously be upsetting for someone who is tasked with being the Keeper of Time.

We will find out soon enough.

But how can timelines blend, if old timeline is gone? Elder Gods explicitly said "ERASED". That means, that event didn't happen to begin with.

Also her motivations are pretty clear.

She has two reasons.
1. Her perfect design got disturbed.

2. She got angry that her son Shinnok (that came out of nowhere) got beheaded.

I've been thinking of MK games since MK9 just like that, as a Trilogy that will end with MK11. Question is, will NRS still develop another MK that is a continuation of current story?

We are reaching point when the most crazy shit happens so anything less epic will feel like a decline.

Armageddon? Epic Ragnarok-like battle to gain ultimate power? Awersome.
MK9? Messing with the past, preventing apocalypse, the most insane 'what if' scenario that could happen at that moment.
MK10 was anticlimatic. It's just MK4 with second round for Shinnok. Boring.
MK11? An ultimate reviosion of Armageddon's unplanned proceedng, with Elder Gods participating directly and with the existsence of reality at stake. Could anything after that be interesting?

Next game will be a prequel, event in times of The Great Kung Lao or Deadlly Alliance / Deception remake with modern story mode and necessary retconning.

Eh, you can make a lot of things way more interesting. And yes. You can beat MK11's frand finale pretty easily. It is just lots of characters and explosions and massive stakes. But no brain behind it.

A good written conflict will always triumph over shallow explosions and one liners.

Hence look at MK11 trailer. BOOM, BAM, BOOM. Explosions, bullets, blood, MOAR EXPLOSIONS. And... that's it.

They have nothing else to offer.

That piece of crap character just got a render. Still looks boring will definitely play boring what an absolute waste of time, energy and oxygen in the mortal kombat world

Seriously? You are judging the trailer for having to many action shots, What else are you suppose to show?

Plus taking lines from the trailer, that could be out of context and being used for a scene that doesn't correspond with the actual dialogue (like many trailers do) is silly. In the whole trailer there might of been 3 important pieces of dialogue and you think you've pieced together the 3-4 hour story mode? Give me a break.