Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Fujin is about on par with Sindel for me. I'll never really understand the demand. They both just seemed like generic roster filler to me.

Been a huge fan of the character ever since MK4.
I liked his wind powers and he also used a crossbow in MK4, and the crossbow would fit in nicely with this whole MK11 weapon / customization system.
The MKX cutscenes also made him even more badass.
His moveset would also be unique.
How is a character who hasn't been in an MK game since 2006 roster filler?
I could understand if it was some of the over-rated klassic characters that have no story progression, but Fujin?
There's plenty of opportunity for him not to only be an awesome playable character, but to also have story relevance in Mk11 if Raiden goes off the rails of the crazy train, so to speak.

If the rumors of Fujin, Sindel, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Spawn and T-800 are true, I would be okay with that lineup.

As would I, but I also find it really odd that anyone outside of immediate NRS workers would know what exact characters are going to be DLC, as they usually don't start working on DLC until after the game goes gold.

Ed Boon said a while back that people are going to freak out over the DLC. They probably have a list of characters written down for DLC in months in advance before they can start working on them.

Ed Boon said a while back that people are going to freak out over the DLC. They probably have a list of characters written down for DLC in months in advance before they can start working on them.

I get that they could have a general idea of who they want, but unless the "leaker" works directly at NRS I don't see how they could know exactly who's in as DLC unless they know someone directly working there telling them "this is who's in KP1."
That artjedi person wrote up about 22 characters listed as DLC, so.......

As would I, but I also find it really odd that anyone outside of immediate NRS workers would know what exact characters are going to be DLC, as they usually don't start working on DLC until after the game goes gold.

What? Since when? DLC is planned ahead. It is always planned ahead. These characters take time. Not to mention MK11 is being very obvious about it.

I never said that they didn't plan ahead, please re-read that post:

That's what I meant. Game goes gold right before the launch (well usually a month before launch). It is very unlikely that they only start working on them after that. If anything, DLC characters are set, once they decide on the roster. Guest characters are definitely planned WAY ahead of launch, as they have to meet precisely set schedule.

That's what I meant. Game goes gold right before the launch (well usually a month before launch). It is very unlikely that they only start working on them after that. If anything, DLC characters are set, once they decide on the roster. Guest characters are definitely planned WAY ahead of launch, as they have to meet precisely set schedule.

With MKX they didn't start working on DLC until some time after February, near March.
I never said that DLC wasn't planned ahead.

Last edited:
I've seen loads of DLC rumours, so I don't really believe any of them. However, I think we can rule out Sheeva straight away.

If there's a non-cyborg MK3 character as DLC then my bet is on Nightwolf.

Fujin and Havik would be excellent, and Boon's tease leads me in their direction, but... well, he's just a troll, so I expect it'll end up being characters I won't really be that bothered about.

We'll see.

then more info came from different places and it came out that she will be A cyborg type character.

Ok, I've found this leak... if it's true then it's more interesting how now she can do what she failed to manage three times in original timeline - and that's the reason NRS should give a second chance to PS2 era characters!

Plus, if they can keep 0% potential character like Jacqui in roster then why wouldn't they tried with lots wasted potential ones from 3D period?

And lack of Fujin will be f***ng retarded. Firstly I thought they wanted to keep him away from MKX for bigger role in the future just like Jade (especially in a game that has Raiden as villain Fujin is OBVIOUS choice for protagonist ) but now I'm too confused to explain it reasonably.

That Kollector dude looks like alien shaman so...

I've seen loads of DLC rumours, so I don't really believe any of them. However, I think we can rule out Sheeva straight away.

Fujin and Havik would be excellent, and Boon's tease leads me in their direction, but... well, he's just a troll, so I expect it'll end up being characters I won't really be that bothered about.

We'll see.

Boon teased Havik?

Ok, I've found this leak... if it's true then it's more interesting how now she can do what she failed to manage three times in original timeline - and that's the reason NRS should give a second chance to PS2 era characters!

Plus, if they can keep 0% potential character like Jacqui in roster then why wouldn't they tried with lots wasted potential ones from 3D period?

And lack of Fujin will be f***ng retarded. Firstly I thought they wanted to keep him away from MKX for bigger role in the future just like Jade (especially in a game that has Raiden as villain Fujin is OBVIOUS choice for protagonist ) but now I'm too confused to explain it reasonably.

That Kollector dude looks like alien shaman so...

There is no such thing as 0% potential. There are just shit writers.

I know I keep repeating this like a broken recorder, but if they finally sat someone in the room for a year and said

"Hey, we a need properly set up lore for our Universe. World maps, traditions, different cultures and what kind of clothing they wear, etc, etc, etc"

They would have such an easy time with characters then. Most of the homework would be done. So they could actually concentrate on building the characters, while using their background realm as foundation for it.

Boon teased Havik?

No, but NRS have said they've chosen some interesting fan favourite and that people would freak out over one or two of the choices.

It's totally ambiguous, though, and knowing Boon it could just be Takeda or something.

*shrugs*

There is no such thing as 0% potential. There are just shit writers.

I know I keep repeating this like a broken recorder, but if they finally sat someone in the room for a year and said

"Hey, we a need properly set up lore for our Universe. World maps, traditions, different cultures and what kind of clothing they wear, etc, etc, etc"

They would have such an easy time with characters then. Most of the homework would be done. So they could actually concentrate on building the characters, while using their background realm as foundation for it.

I'm actually wondering if this is why they hired Shawn Kittlesen to help with the story mode in MK11, to help them with setting up a better lore for their universe.

I'm actually wondering if this is why they hired Shawn Kittlesen to help with the story mode in MK11, to help them with setting up a better lore for their universe.

I imagine it's because Kittelsen proved to be a good writer, but they learned their lesson of not keeping MK lore like a separate project between two groups, otherwise it would meet those absurdities. Surely Kittelsen comes to enrich the story telling.

Kano Kast coming tomorrow at 3PM Central, 16-bit confirmed there would be another character reveal along with him.

[MENTION=18134]Yellow Ledbetter[/MENTION], I agree 100% that he's a good writer, as I preferred the MKX comics to the MKX story, but I just wonder if he's also helping with the lore building, as [MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] said:
"World maps, traditions, different cultures and what kind of clothing they wear, etc, etc, etc"

Kano Kast coming tomorrow at 3PM Central, 16-bit confirmed there would be another character reveal along with him.

Possible, but I could also see NRS doing something like with the D'Vorah reveal with either Ed or someone else showing a static picture of __________ being confirmed in an image with that yellow and black background.