Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Dude, that lizard thing looks like the Predator. He has the same skin, same stance, metal mask, possibly wrist blades and what look like thick dreads. Someone on TYM also mentioned it looks like he might have a Smartdisc on his hip.

Maybe this is some kind of alt timeline Predator??? I wonder if they're doing something with the new movie where Predators splice their dna with other species. Maybe this really is some kind of Reptile/Predator hybrid. I know most of you guys would hate that, but that sounds amazing to me lol

Not to mention Shinnok's moveset in MKX was a big improvement over his MK4 one. Where he was simply just a poor man's Shang Tsung.

Wat?
Impostor Shinnok was essentially MK4 Shinnok / Shang Tsung-lite.

o8vQd19.jpg

Noob's customization items are his mask, his sickles (new weapon for him) and his shadow.

The sickle is not a “new” weapon for him.
Technically he had a scythe in MK4, but it’s not too far off from a sickle.
That’s MK4 Noob’s Weapon.

Dude, that lizard thing looks like the Predator. He has the same skin, same stance, metal mask, possibly wrist blades and what look like thick dreads. Someone on TYM also mentioned it looks like he might have a Smartdisc on his hip.

Maybe this is some kind of alt timeline Predator??? I wonder if they're doing something with the new movie where Predators splice their dna with other species. Maybe this really is some kind of Reptile/Predator hybrid. I know most of you guys would hate that, but that sounds amazing to me lol

The Kollector, according to rumors (prior to this roster picture leak) was someone who went around collecting body parts and items from other fallen warriors.
Either way, I’m really exited to see more of that character in MK11.
Sounds like a badass character, imo.

He had a scythe in MK4, not sickles.
It would seem like the scythe is now Skarlet's signature weapon.

Definitely agree with you guys.. the moment more leaks come out about the story I'm staying away from this place or anywhere else that might spoil it for me. As it is I tried to stay away from this weeks leaks and haven't been frequenting the reddit page or here nearly as much as before but.. the flesh is weak and you can't avoid shit like this for too long.

Also cheers for the Shinnok link, I hadn't seen it yet and I must say.. he looks OUTSTANDING!

I'm so impressed with all character designs so far, Shinnok might end up being my most played character again.

I just mean that there are longer handled sickles, so perhaps it’s not really too far off from his MK4 scythe weapon.

Sickles are pretty underrated weapons in MK. Even Shinnok had a scythe in MKX, but Kotal only used his sickles as a parry.

Yea, was about to post that, the Shinnok image is fake, taken from a known 3D artists, seems like now people are taking advantage and throw fake images in the mix.

Oh my... Wasn’t able to check stuff and this much has happened. Is that all legit? I have to watch all the news after work today.

Wat?
Impostor Shinnok was essentially MK4 Shinnok / Shang Tsung-lite.

What I meant was, in MKX he had more to his moves than just simply mimicking others. In MK4, the ladder version doesn't even use his special moveset changes. Which is especially jarring since Shinnok, as a fallen Elder God, is supposed to be leagues above Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn, both yet came across as a poor man's Shang Tsung.

His hair looks really short though. We sure that isn't human Lao?
It'd be so weird to go through all of the trouble to digitally scan the actor's face to mimic the movie, but then change his hair.

I will admit the face shape is really close to him though.

So its the MKX roster with a few swaps... Not the perfect roster but not the worst either IMO. The majority of my favourites have returned, as well as characters I couldn't care less about.

I agree with Reptil3 and I imagine that it won't sit well with some players, but I hope they drop a "Ninjas" Kombat Pack DLC with Smoke, Ermac, Reptile and Rain as DLC and then another Kombat Pack with excluded fan favourites like Fujin, Kenshi, etc.

April 23 can't come soon enough.

EDIT: Oh, final thought. If CHT actually voices Shang Tsung, as well as licenses his likeness for the character, I will absolutely lose my shit.