Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Let Rain go. His chances are so unbelievably small, it's not even worth the disappointment.

Also, it's pretty obvious Frost's hair is customizable and that's not her final image. Lol. Wait until we get a render before melting down.

Super stoked Mileena is back! Wouldn't have been terrible to take a break for a game but I cannot wait to see her new design.

I would let him go if they don't kin tease him every single game. I still don't believe the unlockables. Mileena being unlockable doesn't make sense and especially Shinnok unlockable twice in a row

Hard yikes my dude, miiiight wanna lay down a bit, we've literally seen a small probably unfinished render of frost, like others have speculated the reason she's bald is most likely due to gear being turned off in the render (notice how other already know characters are lacking there Gear in renders, this of course could be wrong). Your allowed to be unhappy, and maybe you should take a break for a while.

Misucra def overracting as expected lol.

Just look at Kabal. He's missing his mask, his piece of gear. Frost's gear piece is probably her hair. That render of her was probably never meant to be seen by the public. Just a completely uncustomized, base version of the characters that the devs need to see

So what are the empty slots in that leaked roster? Do we know for sure, or is it unknown? Not DLC characters right? If that's not known to be the case. Then I have an idea of how the roster might fill out.

Clap... Clap... Clap.

I asked for one thing. Just one tiny thing.

I mean... as someone who pays full price for the game, I think I can have some sort of expectations? Yeah? I thought so too.

Of course... all of this... is... subjective. I like it or not. It doesn't matter.

But, you know what? Let's go back. One more last time.

When MK9 was announced for PC. I just wanted a game on PC.
Once it hit the stores, and had some minor issues (like having everything unlocked, and certain stages missing and some framedrops in couple of stages) I just wanted one simple thing. For the next MK to work properly on PC. That's all. No need for special treatment. Just. Allow us to enjoy the game, the same way as console users can enjoy MK.

Then came MKX and failed every single expectation I had about, being able to play game properly.

And now with MK11. I dropped my standards to the very bottom. I don't like art design. But it is ok. I don't like how characters look like. But it is ok. I don't like getting a feeling of Injustice, when I look at MK11. BUT IT IS OK.

I.....

just....

WANTED...

ONE...

TINY

THING

I was prepared to buy MK11 full price ONCE AGAIN. Fully knowing how PC ports fare on PC. But I would have been happy to pay 60 bucks. If I got to play Frost. AT LEAST ONCE.

I didn't need her to be this super important character. Not TOP TIER fighter. NOR get some sort of red carpet treatment. I just wanted for her to have interesting moveset and MOST IMPORTANTLY her OWN LOOK.

Now... I heard some rumours. I am not gonna say from where. I just heard some rumours. That Frost. Might be a Cyborg.

Now I DON'T LIKE THAT. I don't want to see the character I have waited for so long, turn in to tin can. BUT IT IS OK.

I am thinking. Ok. If they make her into a Cyborg. They might give her a human look. Just like Kabal got his human version. Right? I mean... RIGHT?

I braised myself. I was ready to see Frost in full body cybernetic armor. I braised myself to see a robotic face instead of human face. I dropped my expectations so LOOOOW. I thought no way, they could disappoint me even more. No way they could beat THESE ODDS.

AND THEY STILL F$CKING MANAGED TO DO THAT.

CONGRATULATIONS NRS AND F$CKING WB. YOU DID IT! YOU F$CKED ME BEFORE I COULD EVEN PLAY THE F$CKING GAME, YOU F$CKING IMBECILES.

I didn't get Cyborg Frost or a Burka Frost. NO NO NO. YOU MADE HER LOOK LIKE. A. F$CKING. SKINHEAD.

CONGRATS YOU IMBECILES. ONCE AGAIN! YOU FOUND A WAY HOW TO COPY PASTE SOMEONE ELSE DESIGN ONTO FROST. GOOD. F%CKING. JOB.

Let me f%cking guess, what this look of her means. I mean you story is PREDICTABLE AF, SO I DON'T REALLY NEED TO BE A DETECTIVE PIKACHU FOR THIS SHIT.

She is BALD, HAS SOME CYBERNETIC SHIT ON HER, and looks like Skrogg and Human baby that was born from HATE F$CKING.

IT's like Human and Skrog met and said. You know what? Instead of shooting each other, and ripping each other's limbs, let's just F$CK EACH OTHER UP. LITERALLY.

She looks like a f%$king Kronika. Which mean ONE. INEVIDABLE. THING. SHE IS WORKING WITH KRONIKA.

HORY SHIT. DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING NRS.

NOT.

4 YEARS. For what? THIS SHIT? THIS THING that is supposed to be MK11? IT IS SHAME SHIT. HERE I SAID IT. IT IS A F%CKING INJUSTICE 2 POINT F$%KING 5.

But but but but but... GRAPHICS!

BUT BUT STFU

No innovation, no progress forward. OH THEY MADE 2 BARS INSTEAD OF 1. OR OR OR LOOK AT THIS KRUSHING BLOW!!!! OR THIS BADASS FATAL BLOW.

Yeah sure! Looks great! It feels like I am watching a f$cking CUTSCENE instead of you know... PLAYING. WHOSE IDEA WAS TO PUT ZOOM IN in the middle of the fight? WHO IS THE GENIUS?

This is the most pathetic f$cking reveal I have ever seen in all of the years I have followed MK.

BUT THAT'S OK. If you guys like this. More power to you. ENJOY this.

But for me? F$CK THIS F$CKING GAME AND EVERYONE THAT MAKES IT, CAUSE THEY ARE ALL F$CKING C%NTS.

I am done. I AM F$CKING DONE.

First I just wanted the game. Then I just wanted for it to JUST WORK. And now I just wanted one f$cking character. One character. If they didn't put her into this game. OK FINE. GOT. IT. I can live with that. BUT NOOOOOO

YOU HAD TO SCREW ME OVER ONE MORE TIME. LAUGH IN MY F$CKING FACE.

Ok fine. FINE.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS SHIT. F$CK THIS GAME. I AM DONE..
I am not buying this game full price, or even if they did 99% sale on it. I wouldn't f$cking play it, even if they PAID me.
AND NO. NOT JUST because of the fact that Frost looks like a f%cking skin head.
NO. I am just tired of waiting. I didn't wait 4 years. I waited since 2011. THAT'S 8. F$CKING. YEARS.

Either they rob half of my enjoyment, or they don't allow me to play the game at all. Or they finally put the character I wanted to at LEAST PLAY ONCE. HOLY SHIT. YOU HAD. ONE. F#$KING. JOB. AND YOU F%^KING FAILED.

I WOULD HAVE PAID 60 OR MORE F%BUCKING BUCKS IF YOU F%^KING IMBECILES USED YOUR BRAINS AND MADE SOMETHING CREATIVE. Instead of generic coup out. Skinhead. Really? A full team of PROFESSIONAL ARTISTS. And this is what they came up with? A skinhead, that looks like a f%cking cancer survivor or one of those thugs I remember seeing in my old city during my childhood.

BUT BUT BUT THE CHANGE. MK IS BECOMING MORE "HEROIC" AND "MODERN". IF THIS IS THE CHANGE. Ok. You know what? THANK YOU NRS. THANK YOU FOR RELEASING ME. No more sleepless nights. No more working overtime so I could have both time and money for your PROGRESSIVE F%CKING GAME. NO MORE BROKEN PROMISES AND BULLSHIT LIES HOW EVERYHTING IS GONNA F%CKING WORK.

No more of that freaking Tyler and watching those damn cringe Kombat Kasts. I am done. I am not gonna support censorship or limited creative freedom. Here is my middle finger instead of another 60 F%CKING BUCKS and enjoy your new audience you MISERABLE F$CKING C%^KSUCKING IMBECILES.

PEACE OUT.

I really think that u are overreacting. It's pretty obvious to me that frost's hair is one of the "gear pieces". Even If it's not, she'll have 3 base skins, and, as EVERY OTHER CHARACTER revealled so Far, one of them Will be a "classic" one. Be cool, the bald one is probably the default, the Crazy Cyborg version bs could be the 2 one, and the classic (with spiky hair) Will be the last.

So what are the empty slots in that leaked roster? Do we know for sure, or is it unknown? Not DLC characters right? If that's not known to be the case. Then I have an idea of how the roster might fill out.

This is just speculation of course, but seeing how the math breaks out there are the 25 + 9 additional characters, now assuming this is taking into account the first Kombat pack and Shao Kahn, that leaves two extra slots then what we have been seeing, now these extra slots could also be dlc, but I feel like that doesn't make much sense.

I would let him go if they don't kin tease him every single game. I still don't believe the unlockables. Mileena being unlockable doesn't make sense and especially Shinnok unlockable twice in a row

It's definitely annoying and for a while, I thought he had a huge chance, but it's now very, very unlikely. Would love to be surprised, but I'm just going to accept the evidence given until proven otherwise.

I personally like the roster. Would've sat out Jax (in favour of a Ninja or Takeda) but I get it.

Frost looks like the female precog from Minority Report with a ninja mask.

Probably will be customisable in the game to give her the spiked up ice air.

[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] No one should get that angry over a video game. Just because the game doesnt revolve around, you don't have to flip out.

Before and after your post, many people have said about her hair being a gear piece and her not being bald.. Calm down bro

Yes, agreed, but then that begs the question of, “do they purposely cut 6 characters only to sell them later as DLC?”
Usually NRS works on their DLC characters POST-release.

I remember Ed Boon mentioning DLC and how they have a crazy line up plan for it. They probably have a list of characters planned before they start working on them.

Pretty sure they were yea, I remember during the MK9 hype cycle the intro audio for everyone in the cast got leaked, and it became a guessing game as to which voice belonged to which character, pretty much all NRS rosters get leaked like this before release, though for some reason this one feels the most heated lol.

Boon said the fans would "freak out" when they see the DLC referring to guest like Spawn and the huge fan requests like Fujin. I'm happy with the current roster right now.

Came here as soon as I could.

First of all, I do not endorse this kind of pratice. I think people work very hard to build this hype and someone just goes and leaks this. There's no purpose on this. Somebody doing that on the inside is something very shameful.

Despite this, I cannot leave this without saying, however, how satisfied I am. Dude, look at the gods this game has. SHINNOK. I cannot believe, if the list is true, that Shinnok will be back. Seriously, if he's back, I will be SO happy to see they are giving him the chance he should have earned in MK4. I cannot wait to battle him with Raiden, and against Cetrion.

This leak is obviously legit. Also, I don't know how is the extension of what I'm gonna say, but let's just say - and some of you surely already know - that some parts of the story were spoiled. It's very unfortunate, as story is the first thing I wanna beat, but at first I didn't believe because of the Kollector's physical description. But I won't enter in details for those who haven't read but now that I see with my own eyes that this character is really what it seems, and Frost too, an Cetrion is real, then the whole connection was really true. It does make sense, but I hope this wasn't enough to be spoiled, specially because it explained nothing.

But my Elder God, I can say I'm really good with this. The humans are badass, revenants are revenants but there are awesome past versions, incredbile characters - look at Kotal, man, GODS EVERYWHERE, Noob is back, Shinnok is back (I can't believe it yet), Cassie looks dope, Jacqui looks revamped, unlockable characters...

They took really serious what they have heard from MKX (except Fujin and Rain, they might hold him for DLC), and even though some spoilers have come to life, I'm expecting more and more about the plot.

[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] No one should get that angry over a video game. Just because the game doesnt revolve around, you don't have to flip out.

Before and after your post, many people have said about her hair being a gear piece and her not being bald.. Calm down bro

Would be nice if you would read properly before telling me shit. Not a single time I asked the game to revolve around me or give me special treatment. Unless asking for a game to work is being entitled or demanding. But what do I know. Nowadays saying your opinion, is same as commiting a crime gainst Humanity.

Also I can get as angry as I want. As long as I don't harm anyone physically, break anything or harass someone, it is a fair game. I have invested a lot in this game as it is more to me than just a mere product I play and then forget. I actually have some history with the game.

BBLP... you don't know what overreacting means. Overreacting would be if I flipped out like that during MK9. Hell after MKX mess, I couldn't muster enough strength to flip out as I was more disappointed than angry.

I have waited 8 years for one decent entry. I have the right to vent out and i am gonna use that right. Time is being wasted after all and no one will give it back to me.

For people who are unaware of how game development works. There is a term called "GOLDMASTER" (though it can differ in certain countries)

GOLDMASTER stage is when the game is 100% complete and playable and traditionally is burned on a CD, to mark the ending of the development. That always comes mininum 1 MONTH before the launch of the game, as after the GOLDMASTER, it is the preparation for logistics. Not development.

Which means, that what you see in these leaks is final. They are putting the assets together. March is the month of the GOLDMASTER. And that roster picture is clearly in the stage of adding characters. Those grey spaces act as Placeholders for pictures. They are putting everything together.

Also I recommend to be careful with "OBVIOUS" remarks. I have seen so many get burned after they assured me "100%" "200%" that something will not or will happen, that at this point it ain't even funny.

Oh hair will be a gear piece. I see. I am just gonna go and take your word for it. No reference or anything to support that. But of course. IT IS OBVIOUS.

Here a better prophecy. How about a helmet or cybernetic implants? How about anything but hair?

Also that still doesn't change the fact that this is her default look. Which means that if I was stupid enough to try the story mode (in which I invest a lot), I would have to look into that skinhead.

I lose either way. Once again for people who failed to read what I wrote, and assumed shit.

You like THIS? Good for you. I don't think any less of you. Play and enjoy the game. I am just doing what I ask others to do. "Don't like it? GTFO" And that's precisely what I am gonna do. I clearly don't like the direction of where MK11 is going. Game feels and looks boring AF. So at this point it is the matter of self respect. Is MK worth it at this point? A second chance? F$ck no. Wasted enough of my time.

The reason why I am even writing this response right now, is just to mark all your "predictions".

So far EVERYTHING I predicted or even just joked about, came true. So yeah. I don't wanna watch this shit show any longer.

Anyway I am definitely done. You guys have fun. I am off to find another fighting game that will screw me over. First SF, now MK. Might as well say screw it and start playing DOA. Can't get worse than that.

Last edited:
Well if that's the case then so long Miscura, hope you find some joy somewhere else bud, (though just to throw in one last point Frost with hair may end up being the default look and the bald thing is just a gear removed placeholder shot as many of the renders in the image look weird or unfinished.)

If only get Onga as DLC, we will have four of the big bosses from the original timeline in the game (Shang Tsung, Shao Khan, Shinnok and Onaga).

Well if that's the case then so long Miscura, hope you find some joy somewhere else bud, (though just to throw in one last point Frost with hair may end up being the default look and the bald thing is just a gear removed placeholder shot as many of the renders in the image look weird or unfinished.)

Just for the record, man. It ain't just the hair that is pissing me off. Hair is hair. It is one element. I can live with bald character if remaining game is good. Frost was the final nail. Not the ignition.