Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

As was I, but I guess the rest of the post-MK3 characters will be DLC again (like Tremor, Bo Rai Cho and Tanya).
Seem that Frost is taking Kenshi's place as the 1 token 3D era character on the main roster.

If the PS2/Xbox era was as good as or better than the Trilogy era, then more characters from that era would be coming back over and over again.

Don't speak for all of us.
I mained her Shotgun variation, along with Takeda's Ronin variation.
Sure, her physical design was on the bland side, but she was fun as hell to use as an MK character and I'm glad that it looks like the team has revamped her look for MK11.
Jacqui, Cassie, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah and Erron Black could greatly benefit from the custom variations, seeing as they're the odd ones out in terms of people being familiar with their move-sets and being able to predict them, unlike the klassic characters.
You can probably change things out here are there in the custom variations for them, and probably get away with more at least when the game first comes out.
People know the basics for Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden having their iconic moves, but the MKX debuts and new 3 characters can have various moves swapped around, making it a little trickier to face them (since people aren't as familiar with them), which I like.

Get rid of the Full Auto variation and she'll be considered perfect. Those spammers completely ruined her for me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The amount of shirtless men in this game is not proportional to the amount of shirtless women. God damn it Ed, where is the balance? :lol:

If the PS2/Xbox era was as good as or better than the Trilogy era, then more characters from that era would be coming back over and over again.

Get rid of the Full Auto variation and she'll be considered perfect. Those spammers completely ruined her for me.

The revamping of characters in MK9 and MKX makes that whole "PS2 era" argument null and void.
Kenshi, Tanya and Bo Rai Cho got complete revamps in MK9 and MKX (respectively), and Tremor was also made much better than the horse shit that appeared in Special Forces.

As for Jacqui, the reason most people love to hate on her is because of that same reason you mentioned ("spammers")and being "bland" in appearance, but with NRS going the extra mile for the MK11 characters, yeah, I'm THE MOST excited to see what they will do for those MKX debuts that made the cut.

Well now we know everything i am just excited for the unlockables. I don't believe Shinnok and Mileena are unlockable and i think Rain is still in

Now that we brought up the spammers, allow me to present the legendary footage of one such spammer getting what he deserves.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Are we suppose to feel bad for NRS? On one hand they had a roadmap on how and when they were going to show off/announce characters.

On the other they were really stretching things out, on top of using boring ass kombat kasts as their main platform to show off characters. Just wasnt really working for me

omg i was just about to say this
people complained the reveals were slow, the kombat kast were boring, then the leak pops up and people are either liking it or even more pissed, then there are a few saying they feel sorry for ed and the nrs team. you asked for a reveal, you got these leaks people wanted to know who was in and who wasn't jeez either be happy with what you see/get or do something else

They've revealed 1 character almost every week since the gameplay reveal. People really forget that 5 month drought after Quan Chi's MKX reveal? This is rapid fire compared to that

I feel bad for the ones who's job it is to show this stuff off and now they have to pretend they are surprising us. Imagine how good they all felt with the positive Johnny feedback, they are in the home stretch now and anything that's deflating just sucks for them. They'll get over it no doubt but I do feel for them in a way.

If this is a legit leak which is certainly looks to be I'm happy with the roster overall although I do hope Rain and Fujin are added as DLC, people ask for them every time and it just doesn't seem to happen.

My bad lol.

Overall I like the roster so far. Not the best roster but definitely not the worst.

I was hoping for Fujin but I guess he might be dlc

Yeah Rain is pretty baffling. Maybe that isn't Rain on the Konquest menu?

That's definitely Rain. Gold and purple with a royal outfit. Either he is really unlockable or they really hate Rain fans and just want to torture them but then again why bother coming up with a new outfit and have him on the Konquer mode pic

Jacqui Briggs looks amazing and I'm happy Erron is without a mask. Cassie looks great and Frost being bald is funny. The Kollector looks like Rita Rapulsa's ugly twin brother

Clap... Clap... Clap.

I asked for one thing. Just one tiny thing.

I mean... as someone who pays full price for the game, I think I can have some sort of expectations? Yeah? I thought so too.

Of course... all of this... is... subjective. I like it or not. It doesn't matter.

But, you know what? Let's go back. One more last time.

When MK9 was announced for PC. I just wanted a game on PC.
Once it hit the stores, and had some minor issues (like having everything unlocked, and certain stages missing and some framedrops in couple of stages) I just wanted one simple thing. For the next MK to work properly on PC. That's all. No need for special treatment. Just. Allow us to enjoy the game, the same way as console users can enjoy MK.

Then came MKX and failed every single expectation I had about, being able to play game properly.

And now with MK11. I dropped my standards to the very bottom. I don't like art design. But it is ok. I don't like how characters look like. But it is ok. I don't like getting a feeling of Injustice, when I look at MK11. BUT IT IS OK.

I.....

just....

WANTED...

ONE...

TINY

THING

I was prepared to buy MK11 full price ONCE AGAIN. Fully knowing how PC ports fare on PC. But I would have been happy to pay 60 bucks. If I got to play Frost. AT LEAST ONCE.

I didn't need her to be this super important character. Not TOP TIER fighter. NOR get some sort of red carpet treatment. I just wanted for her to have interesting moveset and MOST IMPORTANTLY her OWN LOOK.

Now... I heard some rumours. I am not gonna say from where. I just heard some rumours. That Frost. Might be a Cyborg.

Now I DON'T LIKE THAT. I don't want to see the character I have waited for so long, turn in to tin can. BUT IT IS OK.

I am thinking. Ok. If they make her into a Cyborg. They might give her a human look. Just like Kabal got his human version. Right? I mean... RIGHT?

I braised myself. I was ready to see Frost in full body cybernetic armor. I braised myself to see a robotic face instead of human face. I dropped my expectations so LOOOOW. I thought no way, they could disappoint me even more. No way they could beat THESE ODDS.

AND THEY STILL F$CKING MANAGED TO DO THAT.

CONGRATULATIONS NRS AND F$CKING WB. YOU DID IT! YOU F$CKED ME BEFORE I COULD EVEN PLAY THE F$CKING GAME, YOU F$CKING IMBECILES.

I didn't get Cyborg Frost or a Burka Frost. NO NO NO. YOU MADE HER LOOK LIKE. A. F$CKING. SKINHEAD.

CONGRATS YOU IMBECILES. ONCE AGAIN! YOU FOUND A WAY HOW TO COPY PASTE SOMEONE ELSE DESIGN ONTO FROST. GOOD. F%CKING. JOB.

Let me f%cking guess, what this look of her means. I mean you story is PREDICTABLE AF, SO I DON'T REALLY NEED TO BE A DETECTIVE PIKACHU FOR THIS SHIT.

She is BALD, HAS SOME CYBERNETIC SHIT ON HER, and looks like Skrogg and Human baby that was born from HATE F$CKING.

IT's like Human and Skrog met and said. You know what? Instead of shooting each other, and ripping each other's limbs, let's just F$CK EACH OTHER UP. LITERALLY.

She looks like a f%$king Kronika. Which mean ONE. INEVIDABLE. THING. SHE IS WORKING WITH KRONIKA.

HORY SHIT. DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING NRS.

NOT.

4 YEARS. For what? THIS SHIT? THIS THING that is supposed to be MK11? IT IS SHAME SHIT. HERE I SAID IT. IT IS A F%CKING INJUSTICE 2 POINT F$%KING 5.

But but but but but... GRAPHICS!

BUT BUT STFU

No innovation, no progress forward. OH THEY MADE 2 BARS INSTEAD OF 1. OR OR OR LOOK AT THIS KRUSHING BLOW!!!! OR THIS BADASS FATAL BLOW.

Yeah sure! Looks great! It feels like I am watching a f$cking CUTSCENE instead of you know... PLAYING. WHOSE IDEA WAS TO PUT ZOOM IN in the middle of the fight? WHO IS THE GENIUS?

This is the most pathetic f$cking reveal I have ever seen in all of the years I have followed MK.

BUT THAT'S OK. If you guys like this. More power to you. ENJOY this.

But for me? F$CK THIS F$CKING GAME AND EVERYONE THAT MAKES IT, CAUSE THEY ARE ALL F$CKING C%NTS.

I am done. I AM F$CKING DONE.

First I just wanted the game. Then I just wanted for it to JUST WORK. And now I just wanted one f$cking character. One character. If they didn't put her into this game. OK FINE. GOT. IT. I can live with that. BUT NOOOOOO

YOU HAD TO SCREW ME OVER ONE MORE TIME. LAUGH IN MY F$CKING FACE.

Ok fine. FINE.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS SHIT. F$CK THIS GAME. I AM DONE..
I am not buying this game full price, or even if they did 99% sale on it. I wouldn't f$cking play it, even if they PAID me.
AND NO. NOT JUST because of the fact that Frost looks like a f%cking skin head.
NO. I am just tired of waiting. I didn't wait 4 years. I waited since 2011. THAT'S 8. F$CKING. YEARS.

Either they rob half of my enjoyment, or they don't allow me to play the game at all. Or they finally put the character I wanted to at LEAST PLAY ONCE. HOLY SHIT. YOU HAD. ONE. F#$KING. JOB. AND YOU F%^KING FAILED.

I WOULD HAVE PAID 60 OR MORE F%BUCKING BUCKS IF YOU F%^KING IMBECILES USED YOUR BRAINS AND MADE SOMETHING CREATIVE. Instead of generic coup out. Skinhead. Really? A full team of PROFESSIONAL ARTISTS. And this is what they came up with? A skinhead, that looks like a f%cking cancer survivor or one of those thugs I remember seeing in my old city during my childhood.

BUT BUT BUT THE CHANGE. MK IS BECOMING MORE "HEROIC" AND "MODERN". IF THIS IS THE CHANGE. Ok. You know what? THANK YOU NRS. THANK YOU FOR RELEASING ME. No more sleepless nights. No more working overtime so I could have both time and money for your PROGRESSIVE F%CKING GAME. NO MORE BROKEN PROMISES AND BULLSHIT LIES HOW EVERYHTING IS GONNA F%CKING WORK.

No more of that freaking Tyler and watching those damn cringe Kombat Kasts. I am done. I am not gonna support censorship or limited creative freedom. Here is my middle finger instead of another 60 F%CKING BUCKS and enjoy your new audience you MISERABLE F$CKING C%^KSUCKING IMBECILES.

PEACE OUT.

Last edited:
Pretty ironic that Shinnok's the only one of the four "klassic characters" from that one tower to be in the game so far. Considering I thought for sure he was the least likely to reappear. Makes me wonder if the roster is still a bit bigger still.

Pretty ironic that Shinnok's the only one of the four "klassic characters" from that one tower to be in the game so far. Considering I thought for sure he was the least likely to reappear. Makes me wonder if the roster is still a bit bigger still.

I don't really think Shinnok is playable. His head is even in one of the stages. I think it is either Rain ot Reptile

Let Rain go. His chances are so unbelievably small, it's not even worth the disappointment.

Also, it's pretty obvious Frost's hair is customizable and that's not her final image. Lol. Wait until we get a render before melting down.

Super stoked Mileena is back! Wouldn't have been terrible to take a break for a game but I cannot wait to see her new design.

I don't really think Shinnok is playable. His head is even in one of the stages. I think it is either Rain or Reptile

I think Shinnok being playable would actually be in favor of Reptile and Rain getting in. Though regardless, I think Noob being in helps, since his icon on the tower looked just like his MK9 appearence. Same with Erron Black having a look that looks extremely similar to his look in MKX. Scorpion also has his MKX mask as an option. So it wouldn't be out of the blue to see Rain and Reptile with their MKX headwear as options.

Also it'd be weird to have all of Kotal Kahn's gangs playable but Reptile. Ermac and Ferra Tor would at least have okay excuses to not be present considering their endings in MKX.