Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Oh jeez, if they're bringing back both Jax and Jacqui then I'm done with this. This roster just keeps getting more depressing - I seriously have no interest in most of these people. I wish there was a way the Steam leak was fake and so they can surprise us with maybe half a dozen characters no one expected to be on the roster, but I know that isn't happening.
Fans have had 25 years to complain about 2, 3, and even 4 generations of a single family in the same game, and have only started doing so in MKX. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Fans have had 25 years to complain about 2, 3, and even 4 generations of a single family in the same game, and have only started doing so in MKX. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

There haven’t been kids from popular characters until MKX, to be fair.

There haven’t been kids from popular characters until MKX, to be fair.
That doesn't matter to me. If it looks like hypocrisy and smells like hypocrisy, then it is hypocrisy. To not even bat an eyelash over Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin, and in some cases Jinpachi in the same game while crying foul over Cassie, Takeda, and Jacqui being in the same game as at least one biological parent is exactly that.

I don't know who that comment was aimed at (possibly white_ninja, then?) but MK is the only fighting game series I play, so comments about Tekken/SF or whatever else aren't really valid.

Tekken‘s main story is all about the Mishima Family, whereas the new MK timeline made the Cage family their main protagonists, which is really odd. The end of MKX was really disappointing seeing this whole family reunion in a story about the battle between Earthrealm, Outworld and an Elder God.

All MK characters are killers. They are doing fatalities. Seeing them as family people is just out of character somewhere. It’s not Desperate Housewives.

The f^ck are you talking about?

MK never had that until MKX. MK is built around the tournament and battle between realms. The very first thing you see is a tournament ladder and fatalities. Not story revolving around family ties.

Unless you're talking about Tekken, but then... what in the living f$ck Tekken has to do anything with MK? Tekken is "drop your family member off the cliff" simulator.

Hence why a lot of people complained about Cage family taking the center. That very last scene was actually off putting. I am down to seeing friends and family reunite. But last time I checked I was playing f$cking Mortal Kombat not A MADAFAWKING STREET FIGHTER.

The only running romance was, Liu Kang and Kitana... and to be honest I think it only started after the first movie showed it. So yeah. For 2 decades, nobody needed to complain, cause that shit didn't exist.

I mean i hope Jax is not in the game but with All of the main characters confirmed it would be weird just leaving Jax out. Now i really hope the leak is Jax and not Jacqui

Who knows at this point, no use splitting hairs over this until there actually shown off, leak or no leak, it's just not healthy. Though honestly NRS has done such a good job with every character in this game that I wouldn't be mad with whoever they bring back, the only thing I'm hoping for is slightly more frequent reveals.

I mean i hope Jax is not in the game but with All of the main characters confirmed it would be weird just leaving Jax out.

Not anymore weird than having the whole MK1 / MKII cast in MKX sans Baraka and Shang (IMO) or any weirder than having Jax in but Reptile sitting out MK11, but whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think Jax is either injured or killed by Jade.

Why would Jade kill Jax?
If anything she'd kill her rival Tanya in a cut-scene, much like D'Vorah killing Baraka in MKX explaining why he's not on the roster.
It could explain why Tanya's not in MK11.

Nah you could explain it easier by just having her run off and disappear after Mileena's coup was stopped. No reason to kill her.

This roster is pretty interesting so far. If the leaks are true, it seems like they completely ignored the criticism of MKX's roster. More humans, less monsters. No Reptile, no Shokan, no Cyborgs.

I really hope Noob is in. I feel like he can cover a lot of the weaknesses in this roster.

I just meant that if Jade wanted to really take someone out she'd go after 1 of her main rivals, not that she'd actually do it.
It's the equivalent of Scorpion killing anyone else in the old timeline, when who he really was after was Bi-Han and the true source of his family's death (Quan Chi, in MKX).

Why would Jade kill Jax?
If anything she'd kill her rival Tanya in a cut-scene, much like D'Vorah killing Baraka in MKX explaining why he's not on the roster.
It could explain why Tanya's not in MK11.
To protect Kitana, like she said in her intro with Sonya

Oh yeah. For those who didn't watch the Kombat Kast, they changed how Amplified moves work. Now they work just like Injustice 2. You press the Interact button after the move comes out. They removed the specific inputs for each special.

By "Interact" button you mean the stage interaction button?

EDIT:

To protect Kitana, like she said in her intro with Sonya

She said that Jade attacked Jax, though, not that she killed him.
Again, without any real story context, I take all intro's with a grain of salt at this point.

Oh yeah. For those who didn't watch the Kombat Kast, they changed how Amplified moves work. Now they work just like Injustice 2. You press the Interact button after the move comes out. They removed the specific inputs for each special.

This is good to hear, everyone I seen said the system they had at the reveal event was a hassle.