Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

After today, I'm pretty solid about how Kombat Kast and NRS should work their marketing.

The trailers are pretty good IMO, but they know how to kill the hype.

They teased Kabal, ok. Then "and it's Kabal!". Show trailer. Then came the "her", and they build expectation, teased with the jade color, then showed her, it was awesome.

But the Kano reveal, D'vorah were just a .jpg and that's it. And the flow of the Kombat Kast isn't the best, now how can it improve if they said there was going to be a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT that turns out to be that?

Fortunately I promised myself to not dream about a Konquest mode lol

I would want them to show off all of the characters before the game is out if they are so scared of leaks. It worked for Smash Bros Ultimate where they show off all of the characters before the game is out.

So, until mid-March the Kombat Kast will be boring as fukk for me.
Meh....I'd rather see characters that haven't been in an MK game since 2006, MKX debuts or MK11 new faces.
So far, only Geras.
Kitana, Liu Kang and Kung Lao make the roster every time and they're 99.9% in, and next weeks' Kombat Kast is Kano (already confirmed).
Again, the only one from MK9 slightly interesting for me is Kabal, and that's because he seems to play more like The Flash which was my main for Inj2.
The ONLY reason I tuned in today was because Ed Boon said there was "HUGE" news for MK11 (a stress test), meaning that people who didn't pre-order will be pestering NRS for Beta codes.

Trust me Commander, I'm just as irritated with the way things have been handled lately. I'm starting to feel they are afraid to do reveal trailer for characters who aren't vets. I hope after Kano next week they start showing off characters that were heavily speculated but not 100% confirmed. As much as I love Kitana, I rather see a Frost, Jacqui, or Kotal Kahn trailer than her right about now

Yeah I know it just has looked so similar to MK9 Noob moves, but I hope they know they can’t dare to leave him out this time.

Today‘s Kombat Kast was lame btw. Don’t see the point to reveal a character before „revealing“ him during KK.

Yeah just look at it this way, if Noob is in those shadow moves will be part of his base move set and not an ability the way it is for Cage.

After today, I'm pretty solid about how Kombat Kast and NRS should work their marketing.

The trailers are pretty good IMO, but they know how to kill the hype.

They teased Kabal, ok. Then "and it's Kabal!". Show trailer. Then came the "her", and they build expectation, teased with the jade color, then showed her, it was awesome.

But the Kano reveal, D'vorah were just a .jpg and that's it. And the flow of the Kombat Kast isn't the best, now how can it improve if they said there was going to be a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT that turns out to be that?

Fortunately I promised myself to not dream about a Konquest mode lol

Well let's be fair, they are trying to hype the game and the chance to play it early without pre-ordering is likely to be a big deal for a lot of people. Being that it's going to be limited in size you probably want to register early to get a real shot at being able to be a part of it so telling you to watch for that reason wasn't building false hype the way some may say. Sadly people on the internet talk themselves into things and then when those things aren't true they act let down and as if some kind of promise has been broken or something, it's a silly way to be. I'm not saying you were acting that way so please don't take it that way but that is the way a lot of people on message boards tend to behave and it's dumb.

Well let's be fair, they are trying to hype the game and the chance to play it early without pre-ordering is likely to be a big deal for a lot of people. Being that it's going to be limited in size you probably want to register early to get a real shot at being able to be a part of it so telling you to watch for that reason wasn't building false hype the way some may say. Sadly people on the internet talk themselves into things and then when those things aren't true they act let down and as if some kind of promise has been broken or something, it's a silly way to be. I'm not saying you were acting that way so please don't take it that way but that is the way a lot of people on message boards tend to behave and it's dumb.

I don't think they were building false hype, but they built wrong hype. I'm not saying they were dishonest, and I do realize you are not saying I was! But they took a path that could really turn the very opposite of what they wanted.

They really have built like something colossal, and it wasn't. I mean, it's something that really needs to be told, afterall, it's something urgent and limited? Yeah, it does. But I think it would be more precise if they went straight to the point. I mean, I'm from Brazil. I did what I could to tune into the stream, and then the huge announcement was a US limited thing. Even people from US found underwhelming, because I think everybody thought about gameplay, something like that.

They should keep note on that, I know these kind of things they observe.

Been a bit since Ive talked on this site but been always eyeing stuff for many years. I was a bit disappointed that the "BIG REVEAL" was Cage. I don't mean to bad mouth this character and I know a lot of people really enjoy him. He was kinda a given tho. I wanted new news! haha! I personally always felt that his corniness was annoying and I get that its part of his characteristics. But all that aside this question isn't because im not a big fan of cage....what bothers me in ways is JC and Sonya. Multiple og characters have been out of some games...long story short what's the need to have JC and Sonya and Cassie when Cassie is basically both her M&D in one or could be even more. Not that Im a fan cuz I never really played her much. No disrespect. I understand in some ways not to get rid of them completely for obvious reasons but why not sit at least one out...sonya did. Basically what Im saying is they created Triborg….. Cassie is basically or could even be very good at being the same situation. Leaving more room for more characters that are a bit more unique and also more room for new or more characters. That's my first topic and I love to hear some constructive responses in regards. The other thing I wanted to bring up was the fact that the "new" cage sorta has a bit of noob saibot style moves. I actually like some of the changes they made to him with his kicks and specials....but one thing that sorta bothers me (kus Im a geek like the rest of you...haha!) Didn't Johnny get pissed off about people claiming he was fake, shit was staged and he didn't do his own stunts? Why would they steal a noob saibot move and give Johnny a "stunt double" special? Lame!!! I look forward to hearing others responses...Like I said I'm not trying to step on anyones toes....just figured it was a good new topic since we are all fans of the franchise and very excited for the new game.

BTW, Mobile game has been updated....:ban:

Yeah, and the mobile store is utter ass.
Used to be that you could save souls and update the gold cards you earned in Challenges. Not any more.
Now it’s 3 random cards that they give you and if you already have those max fused, you’re fukkt.

Been a bit since Ive talked on this site but been always eyeing stuff for many years. I was a bit disappointed that the "BIG REVEAL" was Cage. I don't mean to bad mouth this character and I know a lot of people really enjoy him. He was kinda a given tho. I wanted new news! haha! I personally always felt that his corniness was annoying and I get that its part of his characteristics. But all that aside this question isn't because im not a big fan of cage....what bothers me in ways is JC and Sonya. Multiple og characters have been out of some games...long story short what's the need to have JC and Sonya and Cassie when Cassie is basically both her M&D in one or could be even more. Not that Im a fan cuz I never really played her much. No disrespect. I understand in some ways not to get rid of them completely for obvious reasons but why not sit at least one out...sonya did. Basically what Im saying is they created Triborg….. Cassie is basically or could even be very good at being the same situation. Leaving more room for more characters that are a bit more unique and also more room for new or more characters. That's my first topic and I love to hear some constructive responses in regards. The other thing I wanted to bring up was the fact that the "new" cage sorta has a bit of noob saibot style moves. I actually like some of the changes they made to him with his kicks and specials....but one thing that sorta bothers me (kus Im a geek like the rest of you...haha!) Didn't Johnny get pissed off about people claiming he was fake, shit was staged and he didn't do his own stunts? Why would they steal a noob saibot move and give Johnny a "stunt double" special? Lame!!! I look forward to hearing others responses...Like I said I'm not trying to step on anyones toes....just figured it was a good new topic since we are all fans of the franchise and very excited for the new game.

The big reveal today was the announcement of the beta if that's what you meant, the character reveal was Cage but the thing they hyped was the stress test/beta.

Nobody mentioned Jade's intro with Sonya.

"Whose side are you on now?"
"I do what I must to protect Kitana"
"That includes attacking Jax?"

Jax only fought Jade in mk9, and she wasn't in MKX at all. There must be a scene in MK11 where Jade and Jax fight. Unless they're doing a callback to such a forgettable scene from MK9's story

Oh jeez, if they're bringing back both Jax and Jacqui then I'm done with this. This roster just keeps getting more depressing - I seriously have no interest in most of these people. I wish there was a way the Steam leak was fake and so they can surprise us with maybe half a dozen characters no one expected to be on the roster, but I know that isn't happening.

Oh jeez, if they're bringing back both Jax and Jacqui then I'm done with this. This roster just keeps getting more depressing - I seriously have no interest in most of these people. I wish there was a way the Steam leak was fake and so they can surprise us with maybe half a dozen characters no one expected to be on the roster, but I know that isn't happening.

Watch also Mileena coming back to make the roster even worse