Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Tyler already specified it's going to be the character that IGN revealed

But would that be a reveal during Kombat Kast? This is what it was called. Revealing Johnny wouldn’t be much of a reveal. Maybe they are trolling us and want to surprise the viewers with another reveal?

But would that be a reveal during Kombat Kast? This is what it was called. Revealing Johnny wouldn’t be much of a reveal. Maybe they are trolling us and want to surprise the viewers with another reveal?

Ed Boon said there would be another HUGE announcement, so Johnny gameplay / in-depth analysis +”HUGE” announcement in the Kombat Kast.
Probably a new game mode within MK11.

Tyler flat out said it will be the IGN character for the Kombat Kast in this tweet. It makes no sense to troll about that, why would they hide a 2nd reveal? If they had a different character it would bring way more atention to the Kast.

He also said there'll be an announcement but we don't know what it is.

Too bad, he legit looks great. That fatality is hilarious too, best one they did by far.

First character that definitely looks interesting. Both moves and that fatality caught me off guard. Can't deny good shit, when I see it.

Too bad, he legit looks great. That fatality is hilarious too, best one they did by far.

Ok, good for you.
Didn’t say his moves were bad or anything regarding the Fatality (which I also thought was funny).
I just still don’t care for him, but you do you.
Only MK9 character that has made me go “Ok, I’ll give them a shot” was Kabal, and that’s because he seems to play more like The Flash now.

So much awesome call backs where in that reveal.

1.His x-ray attack includes his kick from the Mortal Kombat Legacy video where he fought “Baraka” .

2. Also you can see in his fatality Ed Boon is the director.

3.His entrance looks like his MK9 entrance.

4.They finally made him thin like he should be (opinion)

5.Hes buttoned his shirt all the way up

6.The fatality is a call back to MK 2 where you knocked their head off 3 times (I always felt like that was a glitch)

7.in MKX Johnny tells mileena that he’s going to take that award and shove it through her skull and that’s exactly what he does during the x-ray .

8.Johnny looks super fast

I know that it's a bit early, but is there any chance that the "HUGE" announcement could also be a KP / Battle Pass shadow poster like with the MKX KP1 silhouettes?

I know that we probably won't get a KP1 trailer until after MK11 has gone gold, but just wondering if there will be anything in that vein.

No, it won't be that. They're not going to tease DLC until next month at the earliest.

Possible Beta info, then.
Boon's earlier Tweet seems to hint that, at least.

"Bring everyone that attacks"

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1100730808606883841

Around 1:08 JC is doing move stolen from MK9 Noob's X-Ray, just with the stuntman instead of shadow clone.

Noob deconfirmed?

Doesn't mean much, imo.
People also thought that Johnny Cage wasn't going to be in MKX when they saw Cassie Cage's genital smash X-Ray for the first time after E3.

I'm still glad for MKX Johnny, however. As I said before, always hated him, but MKX gave him a much more interesting approach, enough to make me pay attention to him and even play with him a little bit (not the top one, but among the 10 first).

I'm very hyped for him in MK11. This will be certainly the best Johnny Cage. Fortunately they fixed that horrible primary outfit from MKX, he looks stronger, funnier, and his expressions are incredible. Nice they mixed both his personas of a champion and an actor. As MK11 picks up right after MKX, he was a must, so I'm really satisfied they delievered a version of him like this, hope story Johnny is as awesome as he looks like.

[...]

About the huge announcement, I do hope it's nothing like EVO or something that matters little for the game roster or gameplay. Boon said "Plus another announce that you can believe each thing and then some!". I didn't get this last line, does it make sense in english at all? I never heard this expression, maybe it's just because it's not my native language or something like that.

Don't dream about Konquest. Don't dream about Konquest...

Shame I will be late a few minutes :c

Ninja Mime is an actual move... He throws his sunglasses at you... he flips the bird in his fatality. Johnny, Johnny, Johnny.

I'm set on him. :rofl: