Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I don't mind the parents being in if it's a bigger roster and so they're not there at the expense of characters like Fujin and Havik. However, if it's an MKX-size roster and they're still there... :|

He normally doesn't deconfirm fake leaks. I'm guessing that enough people were thinking this was true that he had to debunk it.

Only problem is every fake leak from here on out that he doesn't deconfirm people will call true.

And he actually deconfirmed the characters chosen, not that the charcters themselves are fake.

That's the moment where you wonder if Ed Boon trolled a little less how credible that would be, still, he wins trolling all the time.

I would like Mortal Kombat to go back to not having a super meter, but I don't see that happening. I preferred the pure fighting that the genre offered back in the 1990s from specific games. It makes high level play more complete to watch. Virtua Fighter and ARMS are among the purest left to me, which is kind of disappointing.

It's Ed Boon, guys - he can BS whatever he likes between now and release. I think people take him literally far too often, or assume he's hinting towards something we want him to be. It's a kind of confirmation bias.

I find the best thing to do is just ignore him generally.

It's a pretty cut and dry tweet tho. "Wait till you see the real roster". That instantly implies that this one is fake.

They didn't attempt any damage control when Injustice 2's roster was fully leaked months in advance.

I doubt we will see the full roster in January. I do think Ed Boon should show off the full roster before the game is out similar what Sakurai did with Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

I hope they reveal about 10 characters for the January event. Then after that, considering the launch is so close, they could go back to doing Fatality Fridays and reveal 2 characters every week till launch, and still have some surprises left in their pocket.

Been digging a "leak" from 2017 coming from Reddit and trying to compare with this "leak", not that one will legitimate another somehow, but it's fun to see what people make up to look real.

Of the things usually repeated, bigger roster, longer story mode, returning characters and Raiden as someone to be beaten. In other words, things everyone could come up with.

Funny thing is that they usually point Daegon and Kano's son, of course things coming out of endings. This 2017's one also speaks how they would deal a little bit of what was between Deception and Armageddon in the original tl.

Oh, and there was something about a lady that could make weapons out of thoughts lol

Based on what they've done in the past, I predict we will probably see about 5-6 characters at the reveal event (Raiden and Scorp are apart of that number), of course given the closer release timeline I could be very wrong, but I feel like this is a realistic count.

I hope they go for a Deception style roster with it being old fan favorites coming back while having new characters and characters from the last game coming back.