Page 189 of 309 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 6164

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

  1. #3761
    Tarkatan Warrior JinCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver Spawn View Post
    What if this ends up being the first DLC pack?

    Fujin
    Reptile
    Sindel
    Nightwolf
    Spawn
    Michael Myers

    Still too early for Kompass Pass 2 predictions. I think Terminator, Pennywise, Doomslayer and Robocop are very possible for DLC. MKX and Injustice 2 had four guests. MK11 will probably do the same.
    I'd love it other than Spawn, don't get his appeal really.

  2. #3762
    Kombatant ramichaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    245
    Thanked: 77
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    I wish they just stop polluting mortal kombat with their shitty guests but they casuals have to ruin it

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ramichaura For This Useful Post:


  4. #3763
    Lin Kuei Assassin Guyver Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,280
    PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Thanked: 330
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    I feel like guest add variety to the roster. With MK characters, there is so much you can do after the original MK characters. Someone like Robocop will sell better than Dairou because he is not a very well known or liked character. After MK3, you have Tanya, Reiko, Fujin, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Frost, Li Mei, Bao Rai Cho, and Havik for characters that have vocal and popular fans. I guess Onaga and Hotaru could work as DLC, but I don't think they have enough supporters on their side for them to be in the game.

  5. #3764
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,627
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4915
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ramichaura View Post
    I wish they just stop polluting mortal kombat with their shitty guests but they casuals have to ruin it
    Plenty of MK fans love guest characters

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:


  7. #3765
    Kombatant ramichaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    245
    Thanked: 77
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    Plenty of MK fans love guest characters
    And plenty don't and i am just saying my opinion on guests

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ramichaura For This Useful Post:


  9. #3766
    Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,986
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1726
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    Zero MK fans love guest characters
    Fixed.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarkatan Trash For This Useful Post:


  11. #3767
    Tarkatan Warrior JinCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    All the complaints on forums about guest characters are clearly wrong because they sell better than MK characters. Being that we are getting 6 DLC characters in KP1 I don't mind a guest character or two as long as they aren't stupid.

  12. #3768
    Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,986
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1726
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JinCA View Post
    All the complaints on forums about guest characters are clearly wrong because they sell better than MK characters. Being that we are getting 6 DLC characters in KP1 I don't mind a guest character or two as long as they aren't stupid.
    That's a serious problem because that's a sign that MK fans are disloyal to their native characters.

    Our complaints are right because roster spots belong to native characters only.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tarkatan Trash For This Useful Post:


  14. #3769
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,012
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2884
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver Spawn View Post
    What if this ends up being the first DLC pack?

    Fujin
    Reptile
    Sindel
    Nightwolf
    Spawn
    Michael Myers
    Then I’d just buy Fujin separately and call it a day.
    Any characters that I want I’ll buy separately, as I refuse to reward NRS with a KP purchase for guest characters that I don’t give 2 shits for and will never use.
    This is 1 of the few things that I agree with @Tarkatan Trash on.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:


  16. #3770
    Shaolin Monk Misucra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,906
    Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Thanked: 491
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Saying that guest characters give "variety" to the game is just saying, that base game is failing with its designs.

    "Well this native character is not popular or widely liked, so a guest will do a better job as they are widely known". That's an excuse. Anything that follows trends, dies out pretty quickly. If one wants to stay, that certain one has to make their own trend. If they wanted to they could make any character popular with enough effort and time. And not use cheap cop out, by using some action flick character.

    Well to be honest, with how plain most of the character designs look in MK11, I guess guests, could add some variety.
    TheMadAsylum Twitch channel - www.twitch.tv/misucra
    DeviantArt page - MisuCra.deviantart.com

  17. #3771
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,627
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4915
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    NRS doesn't use trendy characters though. They use icons. If they wanted to follow trends, Shaggy would be in MK11. But the characters they chose are timeless classics. Predator's best movie came out thirty years ago, but he's still a science fiction/ action icon.

  18. #3772
    Lin Kuei Assassin Guyver Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,280
    PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Thanked: 330
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    It seems like fighting game fans, in general, are always 50/50 on guest fighters. You have SC, Tekken and Smash Bros fans that hate guest characters, but fans that also love them.

  19. #3773
    Shaolin Monk Misucra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,906
    Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Thanked: 491
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    NRS doesn't use trendy characters though. They use icons. If they wanted to follow trends, Shaggy would be in MK11. But the characters they chose are timeless classics. Predator's best movie came out thirty years ago, but he's still a science fiction/ action icon.
    My issue with guest characters (though I have admitted that if they had Spawn I might get it.) is that I understand if the game is built around them. Like Super Smash Bros. It is pretty much the celebrity brawl between Nintendo characters from different games.

    Mortal Kombat only started this in 2011 with MK9 by introducing Kratos and Freddie Krueger. Before that, the game didn't need any guests. The name alone spelt popularity. It stood no problem, on its own two legs. You say the name and everyone and their mom knows Mortal Kombat. So why bring the freaking action chars? They are popular! They are icons! Timeless classics! Yeah, sounds like that one game that literally was the sole reason for video game rating system and caused massive controversy in 90s. I just can't put my finger on the name... I think it was something with fighting? Death? Oh yeah. Mortal Kombat! Fighting game classic that stood on its own for over 2 decades. The game that made every arcade owner happy.

    I think if they wanted to make action/horror movie characters fight, they can just make their own Super Smash style game, instead of riding on a game, that is supposed to have its own identity.

    But I know that won't happen. They will introduce at least 3 new guest chars and waste those spots, instead of just bringing native characters and fleshing out its own Lore. Maybe that's why they make their stories, so "Hollywood cliche"? Hmmm. They consider their own game lore nothing, but a cheap hollywood flick. Well, their game, their property, their creation.

    I am just waiting for Frost. They give a female cryomancer, that isn't made out of Ice Blocks, a mummy, a zombie or a robot (I mean, making her a cyborg would be really f$cking cruel, but I don't think they will do that. They f$cked me enough.), and I will be fine.

    Maybe this MK11 will be the first one I can enjoy in peace? If I won't have everything unlocked from the start, game will work no issue day one, and Frost will at least look decent and won't be some retarded ice construct/zombie/robot, I will ignore all the guest chars and just enjoy the game. Third time's a charm, after all. Or so they say.
    Last edited by Misucra; 02-23-2019 at 02:07 AM.
    TheMadAsylum Twitch channel - www.twitch.tv/misucra
    DeviantArt page - MisuCra.deviantart.com

  20. #3774
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,627
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4915
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Your argument would hold more weight if Guest Characters weren't exclusively dlc bonuses (barring Kratos).
    DLC characters practically have no lore, and add nothing to the story. People on here argue if Triborg was even canon for Christ's sake.

    MK doesn't need guests to survive, they're just fun bonuses. Crossovers are some of the most exciting events in media. Alien causing a stone chestburster to fly out of Tremor or Erron Black writing "Ugly Mofo" on a bullet for Predator is just delicious.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:


  22. #3775
    Tarkatan Warrior JinCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    That's a serious problem because that's a sign that MK fans are disloyal to their native characters.

    Our complaints are right because roster spots belong to native characters only.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The MK games sell millions of copies so it's not a bad sign at all, it just means people like having guest characters here and there.

  23. #3776
    Shaolin Monk Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,655
    Thanked: 270
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    You guys who complain about guest characters are an absolute minority. They will come and pump up those sale numbers two fold. NRS/WB doesn't give a shit about your puritan Mortal Kombat, go play previous games if that's such a problem.

  24. #3777
    Lin Kuei Assassin mandead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Not TYM (rejected)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,181
    Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Thanked: 488
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Then I’d just buy Fujin separately and call it a day.
    Any characters that I want I’ll buy separately, as I refuse to reward NRS with a KP purchase for guest characters that I don’t give 2 shits for and will never use.
    This is 1 of the few things that I agree with @Tarkatan Trash on.
    So, with regards to DLC:

    I didn't buy any DLC characters for MKX as, although I thought Triborg looked cool, I'd more or less stopped playing (as much as before, anyway) by then, and I won't buy DLC characters who don't have alt. skins, which those (and MK9's) didn't. I did buy a few of the skin packs I liked, but that was it. However, I will say that I commend NRS for revamping Tanya, bringing Bo back (to test the waters), and Triborg was a very cool characters, and personally it was great to see Cyber Smoke back in a game. I have no real complaints with the DLC character choices they made, but none apart from Triborg ever really tempted me to buy/play them, and like you I will never buy kombat packs because I don't want guest characters in my game.

    Now, with MK 11 things look different - guest characters are now apparently getting alt. skins and full gear customization, just like base roster characters. This is great news, and so if a character like Fujin, Havik or Smoke appears as DLC then I'd be happy to buy them individually. However, as with MKX I won't buy kombat packs as there will simply be too much content there that I don't want, such as all the guests and stuff like Brazil skins (and we know we're getting more of these because Kano was revealed wearing one of them).

    The good thing about DLC is that you get to vote with your wallet, as they say, which is something I've always done. I never buy stuff for the sake of it, or to 'support' a company - if I think they're doing something I don't like, I veto it by not wasting my money, and just focus on the interesting stuff I do like. Other than sending them shit on Twitter (which I don't use) I'm not sure how else you're supposed to get this point across to a developer.

    I look forward to KP1 being revealed - next month, I'd assume - but I'd be surprised if more than two of those six characters interested me.
    Where's Fujin?

  25. #3778
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,627
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4915
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    They revealed Fighter Pack 1 for Injustice 2 a week before launch. I imagine they'll do something similar to MK11. Revealing it as late as possible is the smartest thing to do business wise since you'll sucker more impatient people into buying who don't know what they're getting.

  26. #3779
    Shaolin Monk Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,655
    Thanked: 270
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    I'll laugh my head off if JC is going to be one of the main characters, continuing the "boring white American family" subplot. In fact I'd love to see that just to read some internet gangster go REEEEE again MK keeping true to its nature, which is causing controversy....

  27. #3780
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,627
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4915
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    It's not really controversial, it's just boring. Nobody wants to see Cassie hug her mom.

Page 189 of 309 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Injustice 2 Media and Discussion Thread!
    By theincubuslord in forum Injustice: Gods Among Us General Discussion
    Replies: 1308
    Last Post: 07-13-2018, 06:54 AM
  2. Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread
    By Immortal Reaver in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 26081
    Last Post: 10-14-2017, 05:50 PM
  3. PC Version / General Discussion Thread
    By Rider in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 03:47 AM
  4. MORTAL KOMBAT X general discussion
    By ujustgotcaged in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 1242
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 10:22 AM
  5. Mortal Kombat 10 Storymode Ideas/Discussion Thread
    By Flying Jinko in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •