Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Secrets getting spoiled loses hype and it doesn't make it as special anymore.

Case in point; Liu Kang in Deception (though that was probably an accident on Midway's part anyway, as he was shown in Hotaru's trailer).

I think we should do what I did on the Jedi Council Forums when Rogue One and The Last Jedi came out and leave the forums as soon as the Beta comes out and not come back until we finish the Story Mode, just to Spoiler Proof ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Story mode trailer is where I draw the line.
Characters? Don’t care, but I almost had the MKX story spoiled.
As it is, the story already feels a bit cheapened now that I’ve seen the gameplay trailer (shown in the MK11 reveal stream) which also had bits of MK11 story scenes in it.

Story mode trailer and lauch trailer for MKX were the best. I remember we were all waiting for the story trailer and discussing screenshots.

But the launch trailer by SOAD was magical. Just before downloading, and it was the best one IMO.

Case in point; Liu Kang in Deception (though that was probably an accident on Midway's part anyway, as he was shown in Hotaru's trailer).

Also, the MK9 data mining.
Almost had the story spoiled, but that's when I logged off from here and came back once I had played through the story myself.

Story mode trailer and lauch trailer for MKX were the best. I remember we were all waiting for the story trailer and discussing screenshots.

But the launch trailer by SOAD was magical. Just before downloading, and it was the best one IMO.

I just don't like having the story spoiled.
The argument that some make is that its "just a fighting game so story doesn't matter," but with MK (for the past 3 games) story does indeed matter A LOT, especially that now Kittelsen is involved in the writing for it and there isn't (or shouldn't be) a lack of communication between the comics writer and game story for MK11.

EDIT:
I think we should do what I did on the Jedi Council Forums when Rogue One and The Last Jedi came out and leave the forums as soon as the Beta comes out and not come back until we finish the Story Mode, just to Spoiler Proof ourselves.

I think I'm going to do that too, as soon as the Beta drops, as well as leave reddit a day or 2 before, just to be on the safe side.
I can do with just tuning in to Twitter to find out any info there for the Kombat Kast character reveals, without having story elements being spoiled.

Last edited:
Guess I’m back for MK 11- it’s been a while since I logged on but I’ll be looking forward to running tournaments on here if you guys are interested

I just don't like having the story spoiled.
The argument that some make is that its "just a fighting game so story doesn't matter," but with MK (for the past 3 games) story does indeed matter A LOT, especially that now Kittelsen is involved in the writing for it and there isn't (or shouldn't be) a lack of communication between the comics writer and game story for MK11.

Me too, I just like something teased, like the story trailer showed us that Mileena had the Amulet, it was implied Shinnok was inside it and it would surround the Outworld civil war.

Yeah, this argument that story doesn't matter in fighting game is BS. Story matters for MK since day zero, even in MK1, despite MK:DA being the game that started improving cutscenes, openings, konquest, etc.

Fortunately. Most of the comics were obviously conflicting, but this time they will get everything right. I think MK11 might be one of the most memorable of the series, at the least I get this feeling.

Tyler Landsdown is the worst. Derek I can tolerate. He's not completely boring. But Tyler is ass. His marketing tactics are ass. They need someone else to do the Kombat Kasts. I dont know why Ed doesnt do them. People love seeing him and his eyebrows. All the people in the BTS video seemed more interesting than Tyelr.

I do hope is somebody not D'vorah or Kano. I wanna see them, but they announced both and no trailer or anything, so I hope is someone else.

I'm still suspicious, however. We got no tease of anyone right? Except Johnny Cage. If it's him, ok, but I'd rather someone not mentioned at all.

We got no tease of anyone right? Except Johnny Cage. If it's him, ok, but I'd rather someone not mentioned at all.

I'd be really surprised if it WASN'T Johnny Cage.
NRS got the characters that people complained about not being in MKX out of the way (Baraka, Kabal & Jade), so now it's back to the rest of the Trilogy characters that we know are IN but haven't "officially" been confirmed by NRS yet (Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana & Johnny).

NRS got the characters that people complained about not being in MKX out of the way (Baraka, Kabal & Jade), so now it's back to the rest of the Trilogy characters that we know are IN but haven't "officially" been confirmed by NRS yet (Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana & Johnny).

Yeah, that's true. I'd rather have someone pretty different. It's probably him, since they are teasing way before announcing.

Even if it was Cassie would be more interesting. I'm curious about how she'll play.

IM SO READY FOR SOME JOHNNY CAAAAAGE!!!!!!I hope he's low tier so i can rub it in people's face that i beat their OP characters with my skill and lower tiered guy lol

There is still Rain, Noob saibot and Shang tsung so who knows

Looks like we have another reveal tonight. IGN is revealing a character 3am ET

NOW THAT'S GOOD NEWS! I hope they don't reveal and Kombat Kast is only gameplay!

CET and KOL, also, if those are code-names for new characters, but with Boon's "hint" I doubt it won't be Johnny.

Where are they revealing it? On IGN? Their YouTube channel?

I think it's on their youtube channel.

D0XYsM4XQAAA2Gg.jpg

Just one of two things: what's the chance of Cage being CET? I mean, he's in the game but not on that roster, so either he's someone not on the list, or someone already in.

Also, regarding the spoilers we were talking later, also with TT, of course is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to this, but we can come to an agreement here in the Forum of using the spoiler tag otherwise banality, can't we? Because we actually keep ourselves from discussing, and with beta we will not only have gameplay to discuss, but we certainly will have something from story to be talking.

Just one of two things: what's the chance of Cage being CET? I mean, he's in the game but not on that roster, so either he's someone not on the list, or someone already in.

Cool.

Yeah, that could be codename for anyone, but given that the rest of the klassic characters on the Steam leak had the first 3 letters of their names, I'm guessing that Johnny Cage would have been JOH if the Steam achievements continued to be updated.

Boon is saying that there isn't just a character reveal tomorrow. That there's "Something HUGE you wont wanna miss"

Boon is saying that there isn't just a character reveal tomorrow. That there's "Something HUGE you wont wanna miss"

Probably a new game mode or story mode trailer, at least my guess.

Lots of MK stuff happening tomorrow:

- Likely the MK11 mobile update, as that's when the timer runs out.
- IGN character reveal
- Kombat Kast with a character reveal and something "HUGE" in MK11