Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Another phenomenal set via the Brazillian players, commentated by Ketchup. This Scorpion player looks like he's had the game for months lol. Those standing 3 anti airs were insane

I love the adaptation you see too. Geras knew exactly when Scorpion was going to throw his spear in his combos, so he'd Break-Away at the right time to make the spear whiff and then punish him. But then Scorpion eventually caught on and started changing his combos mid match so Geras would waste his meter and Scorpion would still be at advantage. This is going to be such a fun game

Hell yeah
The games seems a good deal faster than what we saw at the reveal

Sorry if it sounds a bit n00b-ish, but what does the "Input Window Timing" setting do?
It's not a release check, as that option is separate within the menu....

MK11 Input Window Timing.jpg

I also agree that this game looks better than what we first saw at the reveal.
Later build of the game?

Another phenomenal set via the Brazillian players, commentated by Ketchup. This Scorpion player looks like he's had the game for months lol. Those standing 3 anti airs were insane
[MENTION=10998]iViTal[/MENTION]

I love the adaptation you see too. Geras knew exactly when Scorpion was going to throw his spear in his combos, so he'd Break-Away at the right time to make the spear whiff and then punish him. But then Scorpion eventually caught on and started changing his combos mid match so Geras would waste his meter and Scorpion would still be at advantage. This is going to be such a fun game

It is a very nice set but i can't seem to stop thinking that they really nerfed scorpion to the ground with the amplified spear. You have to spend 2 meters to do only 28% while meterless you can barely do 16%

Sorry if it sounds a bit n00b-ish, but what does the "Input Window Timing" setting do?
It's not a release check, as that option is separate within the menu....

Input window timing changes how long the game will check for special move inputs. You can use it to make it easier for players to slowly input their moves, or to prevent accidental special moves. Like say you ducked an attack, then walked back and hit a button, you might get a down,back 2 special move or something.

It is a very nice set but i can't seem to stop thinking that they really nerfed scorpion to the ground with the amplified spear. You have to spend 2 meters to do only 28% while meterless you can barely do 16%

It's pretty obvious Scorpion isn't nerfed. He's easily one of the strongest characters in the game. He may have to use meter to do combos, but his range, speed and mixups more than make up for that. He's balanced from the looks of it.

Input window timing changes how long the game will check for special move inputs. You can use it to make it easier for players to slowly input their moves, or to prevent accidental special moves. Like say you ducked an attack, then walked back and hit a button, you might get a down,back 2 special move or something.

Sweet. Thanks 8)
I don't recall MKX having this option, but maybe I just need to it check again.
I remember the release check being in.
Feels like this would have helped more online in X / XL as I feel like I whiffed a bunch of combos online that I could normally do fine offline ever after ggpo, and my Internet speed is pretty good with the PS4 being plugged directly into the router.

EDIT:
Btw, Geras' Krushing Blow at that 9:26 mark feels like the damage is seriously going to be nerfed / toned down before the game even drops. Holy shit!

Last edited:
In the most recent Kombat Kasts it seems like they reduced the damage of Krushing and Fatal Blows.

They always say that but even after the multiple patches released for mkxl. There are characters that can still take well over 50 percent of your health without even blinking. I'm not saying they haven't adjusted the damage but I don't think it will be as big of a deal that many make it out to be. I'm more concerned about over powered zoning similar to injustice 2 and endless 50 50's that are safe on block crap that ran rampant in MKX. It's obviously too early to know for sure hopefully NRS learns from their past games.

I hope they will show off the full roster before the beta is out to avoid data mining.

That would mean them revealing secret characters too (if there are any), which I doubt that they’ll do.
I doubt that they’ll reveal any unlockable / secret characters.
It’s part of the risk that they run with having a Beta / demo.

That would mean them revealing secret characters too (if there are any), which I doubt that they’ll do.
I doubt that they’ll reveal any unlockable / secret characters.
It’s part of the risk that they run with having a Beta / demo.

Well, its also part of the reason their whole information trickle method is annoying. It doesn't make me more excited, honestly it makes me the opposite. Announce the game, show the character select screen sans secret characters, and then show them off leading of to the game for people who want to see the breakdowns and call it a day.

Well, its also part of the reason their whole information trickle method is annoying. It doesn't make me more excited, honestly it makes me the opposite. Announce the game, show the character select screen sans secret characters, and then show them off leading of to the game for people who want to see the breakdowns and call it a day.

While I get where you're coming from, for me it's the opposite.
I wouldn't really have any reason to watch the Kombat Kasts if the whole roster was just revealed like that, as I could care less for shit like the washed up warriors, Happy Birthdays and the title belt segment between Tyler and Derek.
The main reason I watch the Kombat Kast is to see who is next, because even though we know the majority of the roster by now, there are still 2 or 3 spots that are unaccounted for.
As for data mining, that also includes secret characters getting spoiled.
Secrets getting spoiled loses hype and it doesn't make it as special anymore.

The Kombat Kasts are awful. Character announcement trailers could be done easily without two unlikable turds blathering for an hour. Stringing your fanbase along with announcements and letting people build expectations that will later be crushed serves no purpose but to build animosity. Especially when the characters being included have been in almost every game so far. Hearing Jade or Johnny Cage announced isn't exciting.

Like I said previously, Kombat Kast made sense when the game was announced a year in advance and people were eager for new info. In that case sure, trickle it out. It was announced about 3.5 months from release this time. Show the roster and make occasional announcements about other improvements/game modes that have been added.

I think Kombat Kast is more organized, but it's still pretty boring. No reveal, no view, at the least from me.

And then they start those matches where they talk a lot, it's so silly, sometimes the fights are good, sometimes they are not.

I only watch to see trailers and to see if there's any lore commentary. When Tyler and Derek start that BS of theirs, I immediately turn it off. They also are too slow to pass the info and etc.

One thing I don't complain, however, is the fact they are aware MK is a kommunity and they try their best. I think it's nice NRS gives some time to it, so I watch what interests me, then I go do whatever I want, usually comment here something.

The curious thing about the Kombat Kasts is that they appear to be set up as if to be broadcast to millions of casual viewers, like they're something that goes out on TV, when in fact they're only watched by a few thousand (or tens of thousand, maybe) hardcore MK fans, and so the content of the kasts seems both disappointing and largely irrelevant.

I also agree that the marketing for this game seems very strange given the fairly imminent release date. I seriously hope they intend to ramp things up in March, and we're going to start seeing some proper trailers that show off groups of characters, and eventually a story mode trailer.

I'd also like to see some more content focusing on all the customization stuff, as so far all we've seen are some K&M videos, and a good one I saw from UltraDavid (which seems to have gone under the radar anyway). You'd think they'd be really trying to push all the game modes, features and customization, and 6 weeks from release we still know so little. They're always talking up how much content there is in MK 11 - let's see some of it.

and eventually a story mode trailer.

Story mode trailer is where I draw the line.
Characters? Don’t care, but I almost had the MKX story spoiled.
As it is, the story already feels a bit cheapened now that I’ve seen the gameplay trailer (shown in the MK11 reveal stream) which also had bits of MK11 story scenes in it.

Or maybe they want some surprises for us. I remember when i first got MKD and i didn't know who is in and then i looked at this character and it Turned out to be Ermac i was so hyped and everytime i open a chest in konquest i would be very excited because i didn't know who am i gonna get