Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I'm predicting something will happen at the end of MK11 where the timelines will merge and this will somehow cause the revenant characters to become human again.

Probably he was a coding nightmare because the club on his hand would always switch around when you try to use him. Seeing that they could not get Hellboy's Hand of Doom in Injustice 2 to stay on the correct arm, I doubt they would have any luck having Drahmin's club stay on his arm. I always found him to be a cool character despite him having shitty combos in MKDA.

Did Drahmin's club appear on the correct arm in the ps2 games? (it's been many years since i played MKDA or Armageddon) and like tarkatan trash said Drahmin could have 2 club hands.

This is corny as and so predictable I PRAY this doesn't happen.

The Revenants have to come back somehow. Someone like Nightwolf doesn't make any sense as a Revenant. He's a leader, there's no where for his story to go as a slave. Same for characters like Jade, Stryker, and Sindel.

I'm predicting something will happen at the end of MK11 where the timelines will merge and this will somehow cause the revenant characters to become human again.

I just think that it’ll be the possibility of a multi-verse in MK, which is equally as cheesy but also allows for that possibility.

I don't find it cheesey. I think MK could benefit greatly from having a multiverse. Opens up so many possibilities.

I think it seems pretty lazy, and they're basically now just copying their Injustice plots and having different versions of the same characters fighting one another.

I think it seems pretty lazy, and they're basically now just copying their Injustice plots and having different versions of the same characters fighting one another.

This would be true, but the idea of Multiverse is not exclusive to Injustice. It is pretty universal, and actually gives an option to expand the world. Also would help with giving people options. Some want to see their characters that way, other the other way.

Welp officially lost any hope for MK11 PC port. Recently I have bought Injustice 2 for the PC, to see how QLOC did their job and what to expect for MK11.

Stuttering (though my hardware is way above the requirements. In all areas.)
Random crashes
Can't play with friends in peace, cause either I or they get disconnected.
Can't play Character training as game crashes to desktop the moment I select the character.

So to anyone planning on preordering or buying PC version of MK11... I advise to wait. It seems it doesn't matter who is doing the porting. Same shit.

Why would you take such risks? :D

What risks?
If it is buying Injustice 2, then I got it for 5 bucks. Definitely not paying full price.
If it is about pre order, then I haven't preordered it myself.
If it is about playing on PC. I grew up with PC, and my first MK was on PC, so I am staying loyal to my platform and the community (no PC Master Race bullshit. Just consider it as my home.)

I like the idea of Liu Kang being evil because it takes his character to the next level. After MK4 in the original timeline, they felt like that there was not much that they could do with him which is why they killed him off in MKDA.

I meant buying NRS games on PC. Their ports tend to be shit.

Then yeah. I grew up with PC. My community is here. Also I like tinkering with my machine. Can't do that with consoles.

And while a lot of people would just say "then buy it for the console if you like it so much", that is no excuse. Either you do the product right or don't bring the product to the platform if you can't do it. It is way worse, than not having the game on your platform. Feels like insult. "here you go guys! A game for you! EXCEPT IT SUCKS! THANKS FOR CASH, DIPSHITS!"

I don't find it cheesey. I think MK could benefit greatly from having a multiverse. Opens up so many possibilities.

Feels cheesy, to me, because while constantly bringing people back from the dead is played out, not progressing the story by going into the past / an alternate timeline also is lame.
“We can’t find a way to bring back these people that we shouldn’t have killed in MK9 (because our neceomancer is also dead), in the first place, so let’s dig into past and alternate timelines to do so.”
Yeah, it feels lazy and unoriginal.

I'm not talking about for ressurections. I'm saying the idea of Mortal Kombat having a multiverse would be interesting in general. It doesn't have to be a story crutch. Injustice 1's story was all about two universes crossing over, but Injustice 2 doesn't use that at all except for it's dlc. It'd be a cool way for NRS to justify "noncanon" dlc characters and such.

Multi verse isn't a bad thing at all. But isn't the timelines not that different? Basically would be the say thing having multiple timelines, multiple universes.

Wonder if the Scorpion in the new/current timeline gets to interact with MK1 Sub Zero in from the old timeline before he becomes Noob Saibot. Better yet, Scorpion (old) interacting with Scorpion (new).

NRS better not copy Injustice/Injustice 2 where it's Superman (bad) VS Superman (good) with Raiden (even though they might)...

I'd like for Shao Kahn in MK11 fit into canon (not like Goro in MKX).

Reasons being, Kronika