Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

While I dabble in both Console and PC, I admit for game like MK I feel more comfortable playing it console side, so I will probably stick to that.

"But they fixed it". Yeah sure. I am can't wait to buy the game on a launch day, and then wait for them to fix the game. 60 bucks quality bois.

It's the same as saying "They will add more content, throughout the year". How about F$CK NO?

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from, I felt burned too as I pre ordered MKX. My point was that even after it was fixed, people like you still said you weren't gonna play, even though it was fixed. I just don't get why really. And I'm not calling you out, just find it humorous that people would say they were never buying MK again yet here we all are :p

Edit:
If I had access to my PC I'd still buy it on PC as I much prefer playing with a keyboard, it's how I grew up playing MK3 on DOS and it just feels right to me, the closest I can get without using my arcade stick that I only partially finished

2D Jade > 3D Jade

c0779a5896f07051d344b730f98140f7.png

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from, I felt burned too as I pre ordered MKX. My point was that even after it was fixed, people like you still said you weren't gonna play, even though it was fixed. I just don't get why really. And I'm not calling you out, just find it humorous that people would say they were never buying MK again yet here we all are :p

Edit:
If I had access to my PC I'd still buy it on PC as I much prefer playing with a keyboard, it's how I grew up playing MK3 on DOS and it just feels right to me, the closest I can get without using my arcade stick that I only partially finished

I never said I was never gonna play it. I spent 6 months trying to play it. And once they fixed it. I finished the game 100%. But did it alone as player base was dead. Now the user base has recovered a bit, but damage was already done.

As for other people. It seems they haven't burned enough. There are all types of people. Some mean it, others don't. If game is good and works good on PC day one. I am down to buy it. But I really doubt that.

Injustice 2 was done by QLOC and performance is plagued by stuttering. If MK11 has the same issues, then

middle-finger.jpg

I'm really curious as to what D'Vorah is doing in this game. Considering that she's a member of the Brotherhood of Shadow, and both Quan Chi and Shinnok are dead. Maybe she'll have ties to Noob?

I really wasn't expecting Liu and Kitana to be antagonists in this game. Especially at the end of MKX where Raiden walks in their house, throws their daddy's head on the floor and says "I'll beat that ass" and they don't move a muscle, I thought they'd back off for a while.

But we already see in MK11 that Oni are a big part of the story it seems.

I'm really curious as to what D'Vorah is doing in this game. Considering that she's a member of the Brotherhood of Shadow, and both Quan Chi and Shinnok are dead. Maybe she'll have ties to Noob?

I was kind of hoping that Sareena would be the Noob Saibot / Bi-Han tie-in for MK11, but any hopes of seeing her revamped have gone out the window, unless there's the slight chance that she ends up being 1 of the 6 DLC if she's in story mode but not a fightable NPC, much like with Bo Rai Cho in MKX.

I really wasn't expecting Liu and Kitana to be antagonists in this game. Especially at the end of MKX where Raiden walks in their house, throws their daddy's head on the floor and says "I'll beat that ass" and they don't move a muscle, I thought they'd back off for a while.

But we already see in MK11 that Oni are a big part of the story it seems.

Me too. But maybe Raiden did that, turned his back and said "heyyy, I scared those two", and instead of retreating, they attack.

I have not enough arguments to support this, but I do get the impression of that scene where Raiden is killing hordes of oni with the Amulet and Liu Kang and Kitana give that trademark look of theirs is just after the Thunder God gives his warning. Also, that one where Sonya storms the Netherrealm, and where Liu Kang throws the flaming skull, maybe all of them are close events after the warning.

Of course that would be foolish of both, unless Raiden not only gives the warning but goes very literal on what he said and try to subdue Netherrealm before they attack, much like what he did in his MKX ending (and who knows if it isn't true).

About D'vorah on other quote, either she's working with the new Emperors of Netherrealm or she is working individual, because despite the fact she was BOS, her ending reveals that she would probably double cross Shinnok if she had the chance, so maybe she's searching for a new host...

Kronika sounds the perfect one right now.

I'll like him more if he's more like MK9 Johnny. Just an unbearable ass. Hated MKX Johnny. He looked like Nathan Drake with half the polygons.

MKX made me like him more as one of the well developed characters of the MK franchise from being an asshole to being a Mentor, father/family guy (still being an asshole at the same time).