Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Do you think there will be Stage options for past and future? For example Goro‘s lair where he is sitting alive? Or Shang’s Island with living monks? There is a stage in MKX that is done that way. Would be a nice thing.

Yeah I've asked that before too, I hope so, the time travel thing seems to set that up nicely.

I dont think Kronika Kovert will be a stage we can fight in. In the 1st gameplay trailer in the Shaolin Ruin you see the green/blue shit outside/through the window. IDK maybe it'll still count as different stage. Hope so. That scenery is amazing.

I will always agree with this. (Can't give thanks yet)

Anyways, these stages look beautiful! Stoked to see what else we get. I really want to see the Armory or the Living Forest make a comeback.

Also for the collectors in the group, Storm Collectibles Cyrax and Smoke!

View attachment 9567

Cyber Smoke is so awesome, specially in klassic outfit (as any cyborg). Wish it was him instead of Sub-Zero. Can't forget that they wasted Sub-Zero into that aberration only to kill Smoke.

Thankfully Triborg was there for nostalgia sake.

Reminds me of Erron Black, and how his name used to be Salazar. I love these behind the scenes details. I'm really hoping the new Krypt takes cues from Deadly Alliance and gives us a good look at the development and concepts this game went through

This song is forever stuck in my head because of the HOURS I spent in the gallery mode in MKDA

I would love to see a nice sort of serene peaceful lake area with some trees and a waterfall in the background, like Edenia before Shao Kahn took it over or something like that just as a contrast to all of the more violent dark (and awesome looking) arenas we usually get.

The beautiful stages have always been some of my favorite. Shang Tsung's Garden in MK9 blew my mind. I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was, especially the night version.

In mk11 Shang Island Ruins looks great. I'm hoping we can look forward to more calm stages like that.

The beautiful stages have always been some of my favorite. Shang Tsung's Garden in MK9 blew my mind. I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was, especially the night version.

In mk11 Shang Island Ruins looks great. I'm hoping we can look forward to more calm stages like that.

Me too, would be cool if we could get a stormy weather version of it and/or an alternate timeline version where everyone is still alive and Shang is on his throne.

I'm missing some Chaosrealm and Orderrealm stages too. I wish they showed some love for them at the least in ONE stage each.

The green one could totally be Chaosrealm. And for Order, they could do some detailed things, despite the fact it's a very "clean" realm.

I'm missing some Chaosrealm and Orderrealm stages too. I wish they showed some love for them at the least in ONE stage each.

The green one could totally be Chaosrealm. And for Order, they could do some detailed things, despite the fact it's a very "clean" realm.

I don't think either will be referenced in story mode / stages, which probably also rules out any characters relating to them.

I don't think either will be referenced in story mode / stages, which probably also rules out any characters relating to them.

Exactly. I do like the direction the story is going, but I think it's already time they expand a little more to these realms, and who knows if Edenia isn't freed again.

I found this image on TYM. Looks like Geras is TER. If this is true that means there are 3 more spots left on the roster if we consider Shao Khan is not part of the 25 characters. View attachment 9564

This could also mean that the other two „new“ characters might also be those we already have seen. But how did you know about Geras being TER?

EDIT: Never mind, didn’t see the writing above.

Guess Shang is KOLlector.

Last edited:
Edenia will be a major plot point in MK 11, but Rain will only be an NPC. Again.

:damnyou:

Hahahah who knows, right? But I could totally see Edenia getting free of Outworld, since the realm is basically everyone's b*&¨% after Shao Kahn's death now.

Still, Shao Kahn is coming back, I do hope as awesome as ever, but I do wanna him to be part of the story. And it seems Kitana might be making a move into Outworld.

I just wonder where Rain would fit. Despite his short appearance, he was trying to use the Amulet to take Outworld. Maybe he's got backup?

Still, the most "must" character of desired IMO is Fujin. Rain appearing in the game, being NPC is ok for me. But having Fujin all awesome and not even a glimpse of him ever again in the game was offensive.

[MENTION=18134]Yellow Ledbetter[/MENTION]

I don't think Shao Kahn will be part of the story as an actual 'living' character - if he's in, I imagine it simply being references (like in MKX) or potentially a couple of flashbacks that use his character model. I don't think he'll be an active part of the plot, because I do not think it would be fair for him to then be DLC as a result. I'd be surprised if he was an actual character you interacted with/fought against - this wasn't done with Goro or Darkseid. I think he may well end up being be the tower sub-boss, though, before Kronika.

Obviously I agree about Fujin, but I think Rain has a much better chance of being in, and I think Noob is basically a lock-in as base roster at this point. If he isn't, he'll 100% be in KP1, but I honestly don't think he'll be DLC.