Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I think it would be cool if she was like an ice elemental. At least as a skin. Similar to Rain's mk9 concept where his skin was water

Could we have that as a skin, not as the main outfit?

Like if they are adding Frost... you can make her bottom shit tier, make her turn into ice popsickle again in story mode or kill her off, but please. Don't make her look like a walking ice block. Just a human skin. Ice hair at best (though would love to see some white hair) and decent outfit (of her own, not Sub Zero's). I am not asking for anything else. Just this. They make Frost decently and I will forgive the guys for ruining MK9 experience and the shitshow MKX was for the first 6 months.

I think she looked fine in MKX. The only problem is that she had the same outfit as Sub-Zero, the one he never used in the story at all.

I would be happy if she was that way, but with her own outfit.

Have to admit, that Kitana's outfit in customisation picture looked like absolute dogshit. Zero creativity. Wonder if that's her primary...

MacFarlance toys are going to be making Mortal Kombat figures soon. They get revealed this weekend.
I just got into seriously collecting MK merchandise, so I'm beyond pumped for this.

https://www.gameinformer.com/gamer-...farlane-toys-teases-mortal-kombat-merchandise

They make really detailed figures most of the time. So anyone who's into the hobby should be on the lookout

TWDTV_DarylResin_turnarounds_04.jpg

rwby-mcfarlane-toys-statue-images-1.jpg

According to this, MK11 is still running on Unreal 3

https://www.theouterhaven.net/2019/...QPx7WPOum9DkmjDDuWJTkNeA8FxfWCjmtm9V6ggTuxZrw

Not sure how reliable this is though. They got some things wrong about the Switch version.

Oh no. That is legit. No need for anyone to tell. The moment I saw the live gameplay reveal, I realized on how wrong I was, when I thought that they are using UE4. UE4 has this very distinct look, and no way they could modify that on their first game. So it is definitely a UE3 game.

MacFarlance toys are going to be making Mortal Kombat figures soon. They get revealed this weekend.
I just got into seriously collecting MK merchandise, so I'm beyond pumped for this.

https://www.gameinformer.com/gamer-...farlane-toys-teases-mortal-kombat-merchandise

They make really detailed figures most of the time. So anyone who's into the hobby should be on the lookout

Oh wow. Let me guess what kind of figures we will get.

Scorpion and Scorpion alt costume.

According to this, MK11 is still running on Unreal 3

https://www.theouterhaven.net/2019/...QPx7WPOum9DkmjDDuWJTkNeA8FxfWCjmtm9V6ggTuxZrw

Not sure how reliable this is though. They got some things wrong about the Switch version.

Oh no. That is legit. No need for anyone to tell. The moment I saw the live gameplay reveal, I realized on how wrong I was, when I thought that they are using UE4. UE4 has this very distinct look, and no way they could modify that on their first game. So it is definitely a UE3 game.

Pretty sure you can see in the making of video that they're using UE4. You can see the blueprint system at some point I'm sure of it. It even mentions in the announcement trailer on YouTube that it's using a new engine and one of the interviews TYM did asked what engine they were using and they kinda skirted around the question, where as normally they say something like modified UE3 or I think with MKX they even went as far as saying it's such a heavily modified UE3 that it's pretty much their own engine now, though I may be misremembering that. Happy to be corrected, but I'm fairly certain it's UE4.

Edit:
Pause at 2:31-2:33 on the official behind the scenes video. Unmistakably UE4

Last edited:
Indeed, it looks like UE4 to me. The blueprints alone was a dead giveaway... Plus they even mention on Steam page that it's a new graphics engine.

Regarding ninja colours - I honestly don't mind which colour palettes are available, so long as the actual characters that should have them are available too; i.e. if we can get a purple Subby then Rain needs to be in, and if we can get a black/grey Scorpion then Smoke or Noob need to be in.

Well. There were a few things...
Modified in Towers.
Baraka's voice is now deeper, sounded like Reptile.
That Spanish VA ing on twitter about not getting recasted as Reptile and Kung Lao. Kung Lao is seen in game.
Reptile was alive in X.
Mentioned before, I think he's going to be a secret character. That's how he got introduced in the first place.

In order to prove the leak is possibly fake. Ed should reveal a character that's not on the leak from Reddit. Because I have a feeling if he doesn't decomfirm the leak today. Otherwise I expect a lot of upset post on Twitter later today

In order to prove the leak is possibly fake. Ed should reveal a character that's not on the leak from Reddit. Because I have a feeling if he doesn't decomfirm the leak today. Otherwise I expect a lot of upset post on Twitter later today

The leak will be legit - sadly. I don't think NRS will directly address it at all.
[MENTION=9871]Xenon[/MENTION]

I'd love Kung Lao to just be an NPC, but I doubt that'll happen. Like I say, I'm still 50/50 about Reptile - it's been very quiet on the hint front and so far nothing is really suggesting he's in, but I also think it'd be strange for him to sit out a game. He is now one of their very few 'monster' characters, after all.

Mentioned before, I think he's going to be a secret character. That's how he got introduced in the first place.

My thinking as well:
Reptile probably = MK1 secret character in MK11
Noob probably = MKII secret character in MK11
Both would be a tribute to the games that they first appeared in and would make sense, given the whole thing about the old timeline mashing with the new timeline.

Both of them would be nice as secret characters. Secret characters are cool and give me the impression of + slots.

I wonder if Noob gets back, I do hope he does, how he's going to be. I think Liu Kang might solve this idea, but look at Raiden: his first variation is set as Dark Raiden, but his third (and even second) are obviously set as preset as Light Raiden.

Could that be a possibility of the elder Sub-Zero to be back? Woudn't be impossible, since we are time folding and he could totally be there. I just wonder what if he was an alternate for Noob, not to Kuai Liang.

Would be nice if he actually knew what he was going to become. He was an a-hole, but he was "scared" of becoming something like Noob, something he indeed became.

Definitely interested to see what they do. Storm Collectibles has been killing it with the Klassic line, so I assume these will most likely be MK11 designs.