Doom 3

Sub-Zero957 said:
The first player is really scary. Too much of the same enviroments over and over. The sound of the guns is amazing though.

I don't like online multiplayer. Good game overall.

Sorry for the 1 month reply to the topic but, the sounds of the guns are amazing? The friggin machine gun sounds like a sewing machine!

Wow!

You got the game very late! Anyway, i love the game too. Very creepy music and the graphics are wonderful, but half-life II's are better. Oh well.

Angel said:
But dam, you sure to hell can't beat Doom 1 and 2. Doom 3 is a nice try but it doesn't compair.

oh hey, my brother has beat doom 1,2,3, and RoE. Took him like 4 months though!

the most amazing thing is Doom 1 had my dad going on games for a while... He went and completed every episode with 100% secrets found on each level... Trouble was when he was done with that he stopped playing games. The adreline rushed was not his cup of tea. :lol:

Hate to say it but Halo 2, and Half-Life 2 beat it.

Graphic area NOTHING without gameplay to those who said Doom1, and 2 were better than 3 I'm afraid you are right.

They tried to make it the best but phailure was the outcome.

I've seen way better shooters, and even RE4 beats it to the pulp.

as do many others. I mean music is cool, the graphics great, the rest pretty much 50/50 you like it or hate it. Which is why I sound so negative of it.

I mean make it likeable to everyone. The older fans were disapointed with it.

Prophet said:
I don't really like the online play of Doom III. It lags way too much on Live for me.

Doom III was designed with single player gaming in mind, so iD didn't really focus all that much on the multiplayer aspect of it, thus there's few multiplayer mods out there for it, and most likely there'll be fewer of them as I've seen a lot of them die or switch to other PC games. As for the Xbox, again, it was geared for the single player experience, so don't expect much out of the online aspect of it. :)

tara said:
You got the game very late! Anyway, i love the game too. Very creepy music and the graphics are wonderful, but half-life II's are better. Oh well.

Steam killed my HL2 gaming experience for me, which is why I got rid of the PC version and got the Xbox version instead. Any game that uses anything like Steam or similar won't be getting my money.

pheonix said:
Hate to say it but Halo 2, and Half-Life 2 beat it.

Graphic area NOTHING without gameplay to those who said Doom1, and 2 were better than 3 I'm afraid you are right.

I've seen way better shooters, and even RE4 beats it to the pulp.

as do many others. I mean music is cool, the graphics great, the rest pretty much 50/50 you like it or hate it. Which is why I sound so negative of it.

I mean make it likeable to everyone. The older fans were disapointed with it.

For me, Halo 2 was a huge disappointment, as I felt like Bungie spent WAY too much time on the multiplayer portion of it, thus leaving the single player gamers, like myself, with a lackluster, short, disappointing single player campaign. I already covered what I didn't like about Half-Life 2 for the PC. I will say that Half-Life 2's gameplay was pretty sweet and entertaining (Xbox wise, which the Xbox port of the game is almost identical to the PC version).

RE4, I'll admit, hands down, outdid Doom III, Halo 2, and Half-Life 2. I had a blast playing RE4 over and over again and it never got old.

While I did like Doom III, I do admit it does have it's flaws and it's not perfect, but at the same time, it met most of my expectations. It didn't try to be anything else but Doom, and in most areas, like I said before, it succeeded. As a Doomer that grew up on the classic Doom, I was pleased, though I felt like iD could have done more to make the game better. Thankfully, the online modding community for classic Doom and Doom III can breathe new life (ie. mods, add-ons, levels, etc.) and innovations to these games and make them a whole new experience, which is why I love Doom so much and I never get tired of playing any and all Doom titles. :)

Halo 2 is a very great game IMO.

I have plenty of friends to play with/etc. Although I was disapointed too.

Not because of the above said but because of the demos they had and what was scrapped and Bungie had what? Over maybe 2 years or more?

Many Halo fans thought of H2 as a disapointment I agree somewhat although I do like the MP maps/etc.

Doom3 was good although I hate when I walk and then BAM LMAO.

It isn't bad but there are better.

RE4 I played for awhile but after completing it 100% over and over again got boring.

Other than that I'm safe to say all of them are great just each its own flaws. (IE the funny bugs in Halo2.)

pheonix said:
You know for someone who is always picking up on peoples spelling & grammar your posts are very poor.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Anyway I bought the special edition of Doom 3 with the old Doom games on it. The problem is that I sold my old X-box when I got my 360 and at the moment I can't play Doom 3 on the 360.
So does anyone know when the next Microsoft update is due? Because I really want to play Doom 3.

Phailure is ELITE speak thank you. So you should learn to mind your own damn business. Anyway I'm ok with D3, but like I said before could have been way better.

Well there is nothing ELITE about your posts let me tell you.

Anyway does anyone know if the 360 will improve the graphics of the older games?

Killswitch said:
Steam killed my HL2 gaming experience for me, which is why I got rid of the PC version and got the Xbox version instead. Any game that uses anything like Steam or similar won't be getting my money.

So what exactly is so unbearable about Steam? I think it's an awesome service myself.

Spine Rip said:
Well there is nothing ELITE about your posts let me tell you.

Anyway does anyone know if the 360 will improve the graphics of the older games?

Are you just dumb? I didn't say it was wow, just because I made fun of your noob friend. BTW none of your post are either. So please just back off asshole.

If you want to post say something nice or PM me.

Anyway I don't see what the problem is with most companies, but is it just me or does it seem like most 2D games out-do their advanced 3D series game?

It wouldn't be so bad as to take the time needed to focus on GP/SL/etc. But I know time is money, but something could be scrapped from certain games. (Such as Doom3)

Shinnokxz said:
So what exactly is so unbearable about Steam? I think it's an awesome service myself.

From personal experience, Steam is aptly named because that's what a fresh pile of dog sh*t on the pavement does on a frosty morning. There is absolutely nothing of value in Steam to the end user but there are plenty of downsides to having it. Anything it does can be done by equally or, more often, better methods. Also, why should I host their f**king advertising and information gathering tool for them (spyware, anyone?)? They could have pleased me by not bundling Steam with Half Life and allowing me to install and run the game directly from the disks I bought in a shop without having to get involved in any of the Steam nonsense - just like most of the other games I own. So them not doing stuff would have pleased me. How easy can it be? Also, Steam raped the sh*t out of my internet connection so much that while it was installed I could not only NOT play any games over Steam but I could also not even browse the internet for more than 5 minutes at a time. I didn't even have to have it RUNNING for this to happen. I'm not making this up either, because this has happened to other people I've talked to, and I have a gaming-quality PC that can run Doom 3 just great. It also updates my game without allowing me to choose if I even want the update or not. I think users should be the ones to choose whether they want their game updated or not.

Again, any of the supposed advantages that Steam brings can already be done by another and equally (if not more) convenient method that doesn't require a program to be constantly running in the background whilst you play or, worse, by default running ALL the time just in case you need an emergency bulletin about an essential new Valve product. So, the customer gets no advantages from Steam that can't be done by other methods. So who benefits? The people advertising at you, getting information about your machine and its use and, yes, using it as a DRM tool. Steam is for Valve, not the customer. The customer does not need it, Valve does. It's main reason to exist is as a DRM application. Everything else is the sugar coating on the bitter pill. However, it's a pretty artificial sweetener. They have stated as much. Note: it's them that want it, to suit their ends - not yours.

All I want is to install HL2 from my disks and run HL2 without Steam running or even being on my machine. There is no reason a set of disks with the full game needs Steam. I don't want their news, I don't want their updates, I don't want their presence. I want a self contained game with no additional applications tied to it that I have to run just to enable the game.[/rant]

Yeah, I have a serious problem with Steam. :x

Personally i love the xbox version a lot better. i have better aim better movments and such. and co-op kicks ass. :) This is doom 3 of course. Any valve port to xbox is shit , cs on xbox sucked and so does HL2

Yeah, and plus with the right mods you can play Doom 3 Single Player with a friend, and lemme tell you, it's real fun.

My bro brought Quake 4 the other day... Disappointment slightly.

Lets just say, if you have Doom 3, don't buy Quake 4.
If you have Quake 4 don't buy Doom 3.

They are basically the same game almost. Doom3 didn't make me cringe though one bit... Quake 4 did when the main character was in the Strogg transformation factory bit... And he had his legs sawed off (amongst other things they do to you... Ouch!)... that made me cringe.

Last edited:
Lets just say, if you have Doom 3, don't buy Quake 4.
If you have Quake 4 don't buy Doom 3.
And if you have them both, which I do, then don't get too confused by Angels' above comment. I see your Egg has finally hatched. Wtf is it? A Bunny Rabbit? How cute :mrgreen:

Last edited: