Soul Calibur VI

theincubuslord

This is very exciting news! So glad to see Soul Calibur return in this generation! :D

Now for some speculation...

tumblr_p0myuv9krj1tknsllo3_540.gif

tumblr_p0myuv9krj1tknsllo1_250.jpg

tumblr_p0myuv9krj1tknsllo4_540.gif

tumblr_p0myuv9krj1tknsllo2_250.jpg

Just looking at them in comparison, the SCVI designs for Sophitia and Mitsurugi are definitely taken from the first Soul Calibur. So it could indeed be a reboot or a prequel of sorts, though not sure if calling it Soul Calibur 6 would be fitting then. I mean, yeah, sure, it’s the 6th in the franchise (well, 7th if you count Soul Edge/Blade), but if they choose to go back in the story, it’d be appropriate to have something indicating that in the title.

And if they do that, then I guess there’s not a lot of hope for Zwei and Viola to return. I grew to love them a lot in SCV, but they were newcomers to that game.

I do hope to see Ivy, Taki and Kilik though. ♥

Also, look at this beautiful official artwork:

tumblr_p0my90hDKD1tknsllo1_1280.png

Between this and Bayonetta 3. I Couldn't be anymore hyped! Please be like SC2... Please be like SC2. PLEASE!

I was hyped with this announcement. While I did like the past games (Spin-Offs too), it would be a lie if I said I knew more characters than just Sophitia, Ivy, Nightmare, and Siegfried, which I'm pretty sure all 4 will be in the game.
It says it'll take place during the first game so I'm wonder is this a Remake/Reimaging or something like what SSF4 was to SF4 (more characters, new unseen characters, and the hidden story).

Damn, Sophia's super move is pretty cool. I was a huge fan of the first Soul Calibur, I use to whoop ass with my boy Maxi. Didn't really get into the other ones after that. I might give this one a try.

This is really hype for me seeing Soul Calibur finally making it's comeback on PS4 after 5 years.
I've been playing Soul Blade & Calibur games since PS1 and Dreamcast & it's one of my fav fighting game franchises of all time.
Mitsu looks young & got some really cool new moves & stuff.
2018 is gonna be a great year for fighting game fans.
I can't wait to main Mitsurugi for another 5 years. :)

If Zwei doesn’t make it, then Grøh is definitely a potential new main! Damn he looks cool! I love me some edgelord stuff like that. :p

Just one thing… what kind of stupid name is Grøh?! It’s not a Scandinavian name, if that’s what they’re trying to make it sound like (the letter Ø is typical Scandinavian)…

Here 's max's video. I thought it is interesting that he talks about how one of the top developers left tekken 7 half way through to work on this game. I don't know if it a good or bad thing if it has a very tekken 7 feel to it but it still looks hella fun.

Anywho

YAS!!! I am so glad to see these two back! It was a certainty Ivy would return, but not so much Zasalamel, so I am so happy that he made it into the game.

What they won't do to make Ivy look as naked as possible. That costume is clinging onto her as if its life depended on it. That outfit makes Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive designers blush.

Zasalamel looks absolutely awesome, a nice combination of his past designs with a new added flair to it. Beautiful costume design.

What they won't do to make Ivy look as naked as possible. That costume is clinging onto her as if its life depended on it. That outfit makes Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive designers blush.

By federal law they must make Ivy wear less and less in every game. (I do like the skull shoulder armor though.)

Zasalamel IS Abyss...
It's the shape he takes when obtaining the power from the two swords.
Now he just has the powers without the swords though.