Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

MKX roster sucked because it had too much Human/Spec Ops focus. We basically had clones of the same character, not because it had MK9 in it.

Ok.
So, then, take out Sonya, Johnny and Jax (since their kids are in and they aren't really needed), and that'll free up 3 Spec Ops characters from the roster.

Speaking of the rumoured leak. After spending sometime looking at it, there is suppose to be a new female tarkatan who isn’t a jobber. It’s seems to good to be true.

That's why that leak sounded good. We're off to a good start if that's legit.

I'd remove Kenshi as well since we have Takeda. Plus give Jade a chance since in MK9 he absolutely demolished her. :rofl:

Kano can bugger off as well since he has a son now.

I'd be totally fine with all of this.

The only klassic character that I'd be mildly interested in seeing come back is Shang Tsung, and that's only because I'd wonder what he'd do if he wasn't anyone's lackey or side-kick. Otherwise, he can stay dead, too, imo.

Speaking of the rumoured leak. After spending sometime looking at it, there is suppose to be a new female tarkatan who isn’t a jobber. It’s seems to good to be true.

...But that would be Mileena. Female, tarkatan, not a jobber. Already been done...

I'd be totally fine with all of this.

The only klassic character that I'd be mildly interested in seeing come back is Shang Tsung, and that's only because I'd wonder what he'd do if he wasn't anyone's lackey or side-kick. Otherwise, he can stay dead, too, imo.

Shang Tsung was a badass in DA. Too bad NRS turned Quan Chi into a complete b!tch in MKX, I liked how they hated each others guts.

If they could include as few "klassic" characters as possible, that would be great.

If the roster is, for sake of argument, 30 characters, I would like to see less than 10 be MK-MK3 era characters.

If it was me choosing, I'd go 5 original trilogy characters, 10 MK4-Deception Era, 10-15 MKX/New

Give or take.

Last edited:
If they could include as few "klassic" characters as possible, that would be great.

If the roster is, for sake of argument, 30 characters, I would like to see less than 10 be MK-MK3 era characters.

If it was me choosing, I'd go 5 original trilogy characters, 10 MK4-Deception Era, 10-15 MKX/New

Give or take.

I thought "klassic" characters were generally good for business.

Around a maximum of 10 Trilogy characters that should/will most likely return...

* MK TRILOGY CHARACTERS:
The ones who NEED to return...
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Kitana
Liu Kang
JADE
Noob Saibot
Triborg (We need to know more about his origins.)
--------------------------
And then ANY or NONE of the following...
Kung Lao (He's been in too many MK games and would most likely be DLC for fans to buy.)
Nightwolf
Sindel
Reptile
Khameleon
Shang Tsung
Skarlet (I know she's in MK9 but what the heck lol.)
Shao Kahn
Rain
Smoke (As Noob-Smoke would be nice.)
Kabal
Jax
Ermac
Goro
Motaro
Kintaro
Sektor
Cyrax
Stryker
Sheeva

Considering Mileena, Baraka, Kano, Sonya, and Johnny will not be playable if the leak was true. Though these characters can be used as DLC for fans to buy.

* MK Mythologies to MK Armageddon Characters:
Those who NEED to return...
NITARA (At least as a temporary replacement for Mileena in this game).
Tanya
Li Mei
Sareena
Kenshi
Taven
Daegon
ONAGA
Tremor
Hotaru
----------------------------------
Then ANY or NONE of the following...
Kira
Dairou
Darrius
Blaze
Reiko
Havik
Shujinko
Frost
Drahmin
Moloch
Quan Chi
Kia
Jataaka
Jarek
Tasia
Ashrah
Hsu Hao

NEVER have Meat, Bo Rai Cho, and Mokap playable again. I'd love them to be victim's of practice mode though. Shinnok should sit this game out too unless this game will be like MK Trilogy, MK Armageddon, or the Tekken Tag Series.

* MKX and New Characters:
Cassie
Kung Jin
Takeda
D'Vorah
Jacqui Briggs
Kano's Son
Salina (A rumored character who is a dream goddess and possibly the woman in Jade's MK9 ending. She can be the same character as Jade.)
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn

I didn't put Ferra and Torr here since they were rumored not to return in the leak.

Now let me put together the characters who NEED to be in the game (about 26-27 characters)...

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Kitana
5. Liu Kang
6. JADE (I definitely need to play as her again and know about her whereabouts. She can be 1 character with Salina.)
7. Noob Saibot (I need to know about his whereabouts. Maybe he can return as Noob-Smoke again.)
8. Triborg (We need to know his origins.)
9. NITARA (At least as a temporary replacement for Mileena in this game).
10. Tanya
11. Li Mei
12. Sareena
13. Kenshi
14. Taven
15. Daegon (To represent the Red Dragon.)
16. ONAGA (A very powerful boss character that needs to return. A sub-boss that can replace Goro would be him if he will not be the final boss.)
17. Tremor
18. Hotaru (Representing the Orderrealm.)
19. Cassie
20. Kung Jin
21. Takeda
22. D'Vorah
23. Jacqui Briggs
24. Kano's Son (A new replacement for Kano to represent the Black Dragon.)
25. Salina (A rumored character who is a dream goddess and possibly the woman in Jade's MK9 ending. She can be 1 character with Jade.)
26. Erron Black
27. Kotal Kahn

It'd be nice to have the following to be secret characters or DLC...
* Jade and/or Salina
* Noob Saibot
* Onaga
* Raiden

After the 27 characters (or 26 characters if Jade and Salina will be one character) are in, the roster can add and multiply from there.

;)

Last edited:
Yeah MKX being heavy on the regular humans was a disappointment.

This. MKX is a great game but I really dislike the roster. It should have been only the new human generation without including parents. This game lacks bad guys. I don‘t understand why Baraka, Tanya and Rain were NPC.

The new MK rumours sound good so far.

They could just do a roster similar to Deception where 10 of the characters were those missing from [base] MK4 and Deadly Alliance and another sizeable portion was new/

Just do not, under any circumstances, give the roster the SF3 treatment; lots of rookies with only crumbs with regards to fan favorites.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"No variations, stamina works like MK3"
Good.

"American games never gonna have have balls to put sexy things."

Come on NRS. Grow your balls back already.

"Are Sub Zero and Scorpion in the game as playable? What does their new design look like?

They are both a lock.
They are basically the faces of Mortal Kombat now."

What the shit is this?

I thought "klassic" characters were generally good for business.

No, only the "big 4" are really needed for business, and the rest of the "klassics" can be swapped in and out for each other.
I'd add maaaybe Kitana, Kung Lao and Reptile to the "big 4" to make it the new 7 must-haves of this timeline, but aside from that you can swap other "klassics out from game to game.
Baraka, Jade and Noob Saibot were missing from MKX, but Cyrax, Sektor and Cyber Smoke were added via Triborg, which was the point I was getting at.

Not every "klassic" character has to be in every game, especially if NRS is to share the spotlight with other characters like Reiko, Havik Fujin and other new / debut characters, to give them a chance to shine.

No, only the "big 4" are really needed for business, and the rest of the "klassics" can be swapped in and out for each other.
I'd add maaaybe Kitana, Kung Lao and Reptile to the "big 4" to make it the new 7 must-haves of this timeline, but aside from that you can swap other "klassics out from game to game.
Baraka, Jade and Noob Saibot were missing from MKX, but Cyrax, Sektor and Cyber Smoke were added via Triborg, which was the point I was getting at.

Not every "klassic" character has to be in every game, especially if NRS is to share the spotlight with other characters like Reiko, Havik Fujin and other new / debut characters, to give them a chance to shine.
I think it would be a good idea to build rosters the way MKT, MKA, and both Tekken Tag Tournament games were built about once every 3 games. You know, so we can give new audiences a chance to literally play as everyone.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk