Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

Just like Shujinko, and Deception too had a great Konquest mode. Probably the only thing that I actually liked from Deception.

Also, it would be great not to see Deception's story rise again. I really hated that game, still do to this day. It just brought a lot of yeuck to the series.

I liked Puzzle Kombat as well as Konquest Mode, but yeah, I disliked Shujinko for that very reason AND for the very fact that he had blatantly stolen iconic moves from characters like Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Sindel, Ermac and Bo Rai Cho.
I've brought up these reasons for disliking the character in the past and others here act as if I should be branded with a scarlet A, because it's popular to hate on my posts, I guess.

I'd also like to not have Deception's story repeat for the simple fact that I didn't like / care for the whole "Reptile is a host for Onaga" story.

I legit wish they would have MK games dedicated to the minigames. Like a real Motor Kombat stand-alone game with tons of characters with each their unique character power and tons of stages to race in.

Hence why I also don't want Konquest mode to return, because I'd rather they made a new stand-alone adventure game where they can focus their time and energy in making it good, instead of some half-assed mode in a fighting game.

You guys remember that male vampire character that was shown in the conceptual phase back in MKDA, but was ultimately replaced by Nitara? He was supposed to go under the name Kahil Grigesh, and he was the first one to wield the blade that Ashrah has, the kris Datusha.

1XeJkjW.jpg

As much as I love Nitara (she's one of my favourites of the 3D era), I'd actually like to see this male vampire make an appearance instead, or some other sexy male vampire. I can't recall a cool male vampire in a fighting game since Demitri in Darkstalkers, and I'm also finding myself rather nostalgic lately towards the Legacy of Kain series.

So it would be cool to have a male vampire character in MK11, kinda in the same style as Raziel:

tumblr_njy6s9ZWlh1t5q9nso1_1280.jpg

With or without wings, I'm cool with both... though the wings would be a cool trait to make him other than just another human-looking character who bites people, giving him something that's different from the rest of the roster. He could have them folded while fighting on the ground, and then spread them out when flying up in the air, whether as part of some special moves or give him the actual ability to fly around like Ermac had in MKX and Hawkgirl in IGAU.

tumblr_njy6s9ZWlh1t5q9nso2_1280.jpg

If NRS decides to have Nitara return, she could have her wings be like that as well, so they aren't all out there and flopping around like they were in the 3D era games.

Oh, and random fun fact... the Soul Reaver sword in Legacy of Kain had a wavy blade just like the kris Datusha. I just realized that... not saying there is a connection, just found it a funny coincedence. :p

iISSHa7.jpg
OCRqLmL.png

That kind of sword is a Kriss in real life. All of those kinds of swords have that wavy shape.

And speaking of which, maybe Dutasha can be like the Soul Edge of Mortal Kombat.

I legit wish they would have MK games dedicated to the minigames. Like a real Motor Kombat stand-alone game with tons of characters with each their unique character power and tons of stages to race in.

Hence why I also don't want Konquest mode to return, because I'd rather they made a new stand-alone adventure game where they can focus their time and energy in making it good, instead of some half-assed mode in a fighting game.

Same here. I think Motor Kombat could help expand the Mortal Kombat franchise to be something more beyond just a fighting game. Motor Kombat could be their response to Mario Kart. MK even had Mythologies, Special Forces and Shaolin Monks as beat-em-up adventure games. So a full-fledged standalone racing game under the MK umbrella could be a good start.

From what I've read on Reddit and wikileakes OMG. story modes and minigames should be awesome. Don't play much on platforms sadly :( I play on mobile. Will wait to see if XI is released for mobile devices.

Same here. I think Motor Kombat could help expand the Mortal Kombat franchise to be something more beyond just a fighting game. Motor Kombat could be their response to Mario Kart. MK even had Mythologies, Special Forces and Shaolin Monks as beat-em-up adventure games. So a full-fledged standalone racing game under the MK umbrella could be a good start.

For the longest time (after playing through Armageddon and unlocking stuff), the only reason I'd fire it up was for Motor Kombat.
I spent countless hours playing Motor Kombat. :laugh:
The same goes for Deception.
Loved that game, but my friends and I still fire up the game from time to time, just for Puzzle Kombat.

I heard something about the IJ2 Legendary Edition being leaked, which I assume is the final edition of that game. If it's now at the end of its content support cycle then hopefully we hear an MK11 announcement in the spring.

That said, I expect NRS to try something else first. For some reason I am doubtful they are working on another (main series) MK game.

I heard something about the IJ2 Legendary Edition being leaked, which I assume is the final edition of that game. If it's now at the end of its content support cycle then hopefully we hear an MK11 announcement in the spring.

That said, I expect NRS to try something else first. For some reason I am doubtful they are working on another (main series) MK game.
Boon himself confirmed that the last 2 MKs were the best selling ones and that He would be surprised if they didn't do another one.
I'd say they'll keep making new main MK games for the foreseeable future. they might remaster some of the old games as side projects though.

Source: IGN interview at the DICE awards.

WB has had terrible luck with porting over games via 3rd party developers, so I doubt that they'll get another company to remaster the old games, and NetherRealm themselves are also usually busy making a current game.

I mean, first it was the HD Kollection that the ball was dropped on, then it was the various issues with MK9 on PC and the various issues with MKX on PC and not addressing those issues until the XL pack came out.

I do think that NRS may give another Shaolin Monks type of action game a try some time later down the road, given that Boon said at the Brazil Game Show that the idea for it was being talked about but they hadn't been working on it.

At least he doesn't sound as nutty as the people on reddit going "My father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's former roommate" works at NRS and here are the characters that he saw being worked on.....
(Kudos to anyone that got that joke without Googling it)

In all seriousness, though, with Ed Boon I've learned to take the "wait-and-see" approach.
Any time from now to E3 wouldn't be out of the ordinary to start seeing some teases for the next (presumably MK) NRS game.

If NRS is as predictable as Ed Boon says, then E3 will probably be the big reveal for whatever comes next.

Is it still possible to buy MKX DLC (i.e. skins) with Microsoft/Bing points? I am sure this used to be the case and I seem to remember a few regular users here did so in the past, but I've no idea how you do it or whether it is still possible.

There should be 4 levels in the meter. Here is how the meter should work...

Level 1: EX Special Moves

Level 2: Super Attacks (Kind of like Super Combos from the Street Fighter series but with simpler button inputs.)

Level 3: Breakers

Level 4: X-Ray Attack (Should be the most damaging out of all attacks since it does have the most brutal visual next to fatalities and brutalities.)

One X-Ray Attack and one Super Attack.

Well it's now late/end of April. I bet in the next 2-3 weeks Ed Boon is going to tweet some kryptic soon about the next NRS game (99.9% chance of it being MK 11).

Well it's now late/end of April. I bet in the next 2-3 weeks Ed Boon is going to tweet some kryptic soon about the next NRS game (99.9% chance of it being MK 11).
A few nights ago I dreamt that the next NRS game was an MK-horror crossover; most of the characters were made-up in my head so I didn't recognize them (you know how weird dreams can be) but people were like ' yeah!' when he dropped a Raiden trailer, but then the bald guy from Carmageddon drove up and ran him over before Reptile jumped on the front of the car and dragged him through the windscreen.

I forget the name now, it was was some weird made-up word beginning with B, but it was a cool dream... although I was really disappointed it wasn't a straight up MK game.

I know Boon has said he'd like to do an MK vs. KI crossover, and also previously spoken of MK vs. horror I think (hence all these guest characters), but I'd be really disappointed if it's anything other than MK11.