Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

It would be funny if they announced MK11 tomorrow for the Switch XD

Lol

...Anyway the whole Sony conference felt rushed and unorganized.The games where hype but MK11 being a no show is very worrying. According to e3s scedule WBs will show more games Tuesday so I'm still clinging to hope.

Last edited:
It is possible that MK11 will be out by 2019, but later during that year. Instead of March-May, they could do for a later date. I wonder if NRS wants MK11 to be bigger and better than before.

It would be funny if they announced MK11 tomorrow for the Switch XD

I’ve seen a few people suggesting that on Twitter and Facebook.
MK returning to a Nintendo platform would be huge news.
That said, I’m thinking that either 1) they’re still working on whatever it is and maybe going for a release date that’s later than the usual April - May timeline (as you mentioned) or 2) that maybe they’re working on something that isn’t a traditional MK game (Shaolin Monks type or the like) or even 3) maybe they’re working on a couple of things at once (i.e. MK11 AND something else as well).

I hear WB games has stage time on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday from 2:30-5: 45, and Wednesday from 4:30-5:45. There's still a chance for MK11.

I noticed Bioshock 3, Borderlands 3, the New Superman Game, and a whole bunch of other games didn't get revealed either. Even though the first two aren't WB Games, I'm guessing they'll show MK11 and Superman this evening. If not, I'm probably going to go to the second story balcony of my house and do a 180 degree backflip like Sindel from MKD. Well, not really but this is a much longer wait than I expected tbh. Though I doubt it, I hope the likes of DBFZ, SC6, DoA6, Dissidia, My Hero One's Justice, SSBU, Seven Deadly Sins, BB:CTB, NtB:SS, SNK Heroines, Fantasy Strike, and Jump Force didn't cause Netherealm to get cold feet and hold the game off.

I hope so....If this E3 dont show MK11 or something like that. i will be like...

ACqp2SI.gif

I hear WB games has stage time on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday from 2:30-5: 45, and Wednesday from 4:30-5:45. There's still a chance for MK11.
Nah, we've missed the boat now. These are sideshows, not main stage events. If they were going to announce a major AAA title like MK it would have been Monday or Tuesday on a huge screen in front of a huge audience.

Nah, we've missed the boat now. These are sideshows, not main stage events. If they were going to announce a major AAA title like MK it would have been Monday or Tuesday on a huge screen in front of a huge audience.

https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/1006740269406883840

It is still too soon to say. It seems Boon is wearing an Exhibitors badge (for those that don't know what it means. Exhibitors badge is for developers who are presenting games.)

Tomorrow WB will have it's own conference it seems, so there is still a chance. Maybe.

IF anything is shown, today seems more likely, as there doesn't seem to be anything else WB-related according to the Twitch schedule past today, unless I'm missing something.

4:30 - 5:45 PT

https://blog.twitch.tv/e3-2018-watch-or-co-stream-every-moment-live-on-twitch-2fbe8f39966f

Yah, it is today then. We will see.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/1006650599666999296

It seems MK is nowhere to be seen. I had a feeling that they were too silent about it.

Last edited:
I see that as a good sign. More time = better quality. Also guys need to get some space to breathe. Making a new fighting every 2 years is intense as it is.

I don't mind it being either delayed a little bit or even being a PS5 game, if it means a better quality game down the road.
Plus, on the bright side, there are some other games at E3 like Spider-Man and Death Stranding that I also look forward to.

I would imagine MK11 will be the last MK game on the PS4 and XO since we had two MK games on the last gen systems. I still imagine if we do get a late MK announcement, there will still be time to market it. It's Mortal Kombat, it has a big enough brand name on its own to sell well to create hype.

I don't mind it being either delayed a little bit or even being a PS5 game, if it means a better quality game down the road.
Plus, on the bright side, there are some other games at E3 like Spider-Man and Death Stranding that I also look forward to.

True about it, but in my case. That'll be SoulCalibur VI, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Cyberpunk 2077 so far.

Its too soon..but i think mk 11 will be the last mk on ps4-xboxone
And I think, MK"12". will be on ps5-xbox2...
and for some reason...i think it will be an esque "mk trilogy from the X-RAY era". (fighters from mk9-mkx and mk11) i mean. mk trilogy was a "trilogy of mk1-mk2umk3", mk armageddon was a "complilation from mkd-mkda".

The PS3 & 360 had MKvsDCU and MK9. So the PS4 and XO having MKX and MK11 would make sense. I do think the game will be announced probably soon and still come out in 2019. I think if the game is out for another 5-6 months, there is still time to build up hype and marketing.

GiantBomb interview with a few people.
Ed Boon joins in at the 2:05:00 mark and talks about breaking the pattern that they’ve usually been known for, regarding announcements and releases and that at this time he can’t talk about what is happening, but they have nothing to show at E3.