Will MK11 see the return of the Mortal Kombat tournament?

tournaments are soooooooooo 1990's; today the trend is all about superheroes (good guys) turning into villains (bad guys)

I hope Kotal Kahn's arcade ending comes true. I'd like it to be about a tournament once again.

Last edited:
I hope so. The tournament scene could be written a heck of a lot better than it was in MK9. They could add emotional weight to every loss and death on both sides. Plus, this allows them to add any and all past, present, and future MK Characters without really compromising the story. The only problem is that they'd need to have a reason for having the Tournament. Hopefully something happens that forces Earthrealm to merge with Outworld so that they could raise a Tournament where the winner can separate their realm from Outworld. This'll bring back D'Vorah, Reptile, Nitara, Tanya & Rain, Li Mei, and some other races that were forced to merge with Outworld.

I'm not a great fan of Nitara kadell, but she's alive and so are the other ones. They should all be in the next game (if you can fit them all in).
The fact that Raiden invaded Outworld and claimed dominionship, as posted by Bounce, seems like it's reason enough for the tournament to take place.
But another plot added would be alright too; as would the rewards of being MK champion.

I just hope to see more of the post-MK3 characters that didn't make the cut for MK9 and MKX for 1 reason or another, such as Fujin, Havik, Hotaru (alt costume as default, no flags), Reiko, Kira (perhaps she could replace Kano), Li Mei, Mavado.
The majority of the Trilogy characters have had 2 games to shine in, and not all of them need to come back.
Some of them can be rotated in for others that weren't in MKX, but I'd like the focus to be more on what happens after MKX (sort of an alternate Deception with Dark Raiden) and have other characters like Ferra Torr and Erron Black better fleshed out.

I just hope to see more of the post-MK3 characters that didn't make the cut for MK9 and MKX for 1 reason or another, such as Fujin, Havik, Hotaru (alt costume as default, no flags), Reiko, Kira (perhaps she could replace Kano), Li Mei, Mavado.
The majority of the Trilogy characters have had 2 games to shine in, and not all of them need to come back.
Some of them can be rotated in for others that weren't in MKX, but I'd like the focus to be more on what happens after MKX (sort of an alternate Deception with Dark Raiden) and have other characters like Ferra Torr and Erron Black better fleshed out.

Agreed. As a huge Hotaru fan myself, I wonder what the beef of MK fans with his flags is lol... As far as I know it is a traditional samurai thing plus there are flags all over Orderrealm so I feel like it suits him.

Agreed. As a huge Hotaru fan myself, I wonder what the beef of MK fans with his flags is lol... As far as I know it is a traditional samurai thing plus there are flags all over Orderrealm so I feel like it suits him.

I just didn't like the flags for aesthetic reasons, much like how I didn't like the Gargoyle-looking wings on Nitara.
The flag poles on him looked a bit awkward, imo.
I don't mind the whole Flag thing, but on the character with flag poles, it looks awkward.
I think it was fine how Jax did it in MK9 when he'd wear the flag after winning.
For Hotaru I preferred the alternate costume (Knight) and I'd love to see NRS' making Nitara more of a Blade / Underworld type of vampire, instead.
Just my personal taste.

A Liu Kang/Kitana duo as the sub-bosses in arcade mode (and neutrals in the story) is not something that can be ruled out either.