Friday the 13th: The Game

Empress-Mileena

Friday the 13th: The Game is expected to release sometime in October 2016 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

F13_AMA.jpg

Is anyone getting this? I probably will..I'm not sure if this will be more fun than Dead by Daylight though. The trailer only shows Jason killing people.

Terrible game. Looks absolutely awful! Lol. It will get really boring, really fast. Now a Freddy Vs. Jason game would be REALLY fun to play! Lol

Terrible game. Looks absolutely awful! Lol. It will get really boring, really fast. Now a Freddy Vs. Jason game would be REALLY fun to play! Lol

That's what I was afraid of..I don't want it to get boring fast. I heard the camp counselors have a few objectives to do while avoiding various gruesome deaths. Not too many details are given, since they're mainly focusing on Jason in the trailer. We shall see..

Freddy vs. Jason would be interesting lol that movie was amusing :p *nostalgic*

That's what I was afraid of..I don't want it to get boring fast. I heard the camp counselors have a few objectives to do while avoiding various gruesome deaths. Not too many details are given, since they're mainly focusing on Jason in the trailer. We shall see..

Freddy vs. Jason would be interesting lol that movie was amusing :p *nostalgic*

Yea can you imagine how cool it would be? It could maybe play out as a sequel to the original film. And you have to play as both Jason AND Freddy terrorizing the children of Elm street or Camp Crystal Lake. Haha and sometimes you need to play as the kids... can you imagine the dream sequences... wow! And of course you would have to battle jason as freddy, or vise versa

I'm not particularly attached to the Friday the 13th franchise, so all that is left is the game itself. Unfortunately, this trailer doesn't give me a clue about what are supposed to do in this game.

I was hoping this was about the awful NES game, which I like for some reason. This new game looks awful though.

I'm not that big of a fan of Friday the 13th. I mean I'll watch the movie if it's on but I don't need to watch. My feelings are basically the same for this game. I do think tho that if they are doing a single player its probably best to just keep it strictly survival horror and have Jason be the main antagonist, and just let you play as Jason in the multiplayer modes of the game. For the single player mode I'd probably do an original story but keep the say aspect of what made the original movies work. If that makes sense

I've been trying to get a closed-beta code to play this game early, but no luck so far. :/
Either way, it's supposedly being released in January.

Update: I have been playing the beta for a couple of days..they sure do have a LOT of things to tweak. Jason is way too overpowered and the controls are a bit wonky. I'll disregard the fact that automatching took FOREVER, since it's just the beta. My main concern was the gameplay. I like that there are different objectives to complete in the game, but the counselors should be able to stun Jason in more ways so that they can actually survive longer. There are 7 counselors against the killer.
So far, I like Dead by Daylight more than this game. Hopefully they make major improvements and adjustments. The devs should delay the release again if they need to..

Last edited: