If Triborg were in future MK games...

theincubuslord

Here's a thought...
What if Triborg becomes canon?

Imagine Sektor and Cyrax never returning to Mortal Kombat again in any future games, but we instead have Triborg to replace them. Since Smoke never became a cyborg in the new timeline, he might return onto the roster with some of the moves that Triborg has, and if that's the case, then Triborg might not have his Smoke variation. But he would still have the moves of Sektor, Cyrax and maybe keep Cyber Sub-Zero's as well.

So how would it work?
Triborg works in MKX because of the Variation System. But what if that system isn't present in future MK games? How could Triborg function then?

He could be a mix character, kinda like Chameleon/Khameleon in MKA, where he simply has some of the moves from each of the cyborgs, such as Sektor's uppercut, Cyrax's bombs etc.

However, another way for him to work is to give him the ability to change between them in-fight. Like with ARIA's modes in Killer Instinct, or kinda like Shang Tsung's morphing in MK9. By doing a certain command, Triborg could change from Sektor to Cyrax, giving him new special moves and also changing his colour scheme to show which cyborg he imitates.

Personally, I would much rather have Sektor and Cyrax as individual characters, and Triborg being a one-time thing which will never appear again in any future games. But seeing Sektor and Cyrax are most likely dead and might never return, some people see Triborg as a good replacement.

What do you think?

G4J3Zsw.png

I think it should be both. Triborg should be canon, but only as the catalyst in which Sektor and Cyrax come back.
Logically, Sektor is the one who controls Triborg's body since he was spawned from "The grandmaster's database". He still refers to him as Grandmaster, and still shows loyalty to the Lin Kuei.

So possibly Sektor takes over Triborg's body, and the Special Forces, with Sub-Zero's recommendation, salvage Cyrax from the database to bring back the good cyborg.

and still shows loyalty to the Lin Kuei.

I thought Triborg made the Tekunin...

I do like the idea of Sektor taking over Triborg and reassembling Cyrax. They would become full-on robots then though, no longer cyborgs.

... Which reminds me, isn't Triborg a full on robot? Why does he still have human intestines and such then?

Last edited:
Triborg still says "For the Lin Luei" during some of his attacks

Not sure about the anatomy part. Maybe its synthetic flesh.

I also wondered about the cyborg's anatomy in general.

In concept art for MK9, there was damaged portraits showing their faces and brains underneath their helmets. Its confusing what else is cybernetic (I bet someone's chuckling) but there probably isn't that much thought put in to it. Kind of like how Quan Chi parades around with Shinnok's amulet in MK9. There's a lot this that NRS makes me cringe over.

I also wondered about the cyborg's anatomy in general.

In concept art for MK9, there was damaged portraits showing their faces and brains underneath their helmets. Its confusing what else is cybernetic (I bet someone's chuckling) but there probably isn't that much thought put in to it. Kind of like how Quan Chi parades around with Shinnok's amulet in MK9. There's a lot this that NRS makes me cringe over.

I do like the idea of it all being synthetic. That way, the cyborgs can be implanted into any body, as long their "mind.exe" has been saved. XD

But yeah, NRS does seem to just not think so hardly about these things, as long it looks cool.

reason why triborg's internals are almost all human-like is because there is no point in modelling something from scratch just for a single dlc character...

reason why triborg's internals are almost all human-like is because there is no point in modelling something from scratch just for a single dlc character...

Also very true lol.

MK9 had better attention to detail than MKX did when it came to the cyborgs. When hit by xrays, their mouths wouldn't open because their heads are contained within a shell.

Also very true lol.

MK9 had better attention to detail than MKX did when it came to the cyborgs. When hit by xrays, their mouths wouldn't open because their heads are contained within a shell.

i had to launch mk9 just to see that...you're 100% right

mk9 had done quite a few things better than mkx imo

I am talking from a lore-pov. :p

well in that case this would be an accurate description of how the lk cyborgs should look like:
(god awful movie, great scene)

No. Cyrax should be cyrax, and Sektor should stay sektor, their own individual characters. Way too many moves shared at the moment, not unique enough.

I could see Sektor, Cyrax and even Cyber Smoke being canon in MK11, if they decide to go with Triborg's ending and make it semi-canon, separating them into their own bodies.
This would also allow for Smoke (aka Enenra) to become a new character, much like how Bi-Han was no longer Sub-Zero after he died but rather became Noob Saibot.

I doubt that we will see the Triborg in another Mortal Kombat, because they think they'll implement variations of the fighters, and that is the only purpose for that character exists.