So far there's 6 characters been revealed to us, those being Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus (with Dex-Starr). We've seen their appearances and gameplay throughout E3, and though we saw Flash in the reveal trailer, hints of Captain Cold and the confirmation of Wonder Woman, I'd like to focus on those 6 until we've seen more of those other three.
Here's my opinions:
- Superman: I've never been a fan of Superman, neither his looks nor his gameplay, and his new costume looks worse than it did in the first game. His overall model looks better, but that's the case with all of them.
- Batman: I really like his new armoured look, especially the one where his entire face is covered. And his new winpose is pretty cool too, where he hurls the batarangs at the camera.
- Aquaman: He looks ALOT better in this game. His gearless look is rather bare and basic, but as soon he gets that gear on, he looks awesome! I like how NRS have integrated some water-portals where tentacles come up from, as to show his power over control of sea-creatures, instead of his moveset just being his trident. And that new Super is really cool!
- Supergirl: Like Superman, I've never really been a fan. I would've rather have had Power Girl. She looks cooler and at least doesn't have that "female version of a male character" syndrome about her, even if she is indeed Supergirl from another universe (I think). However, Supergirl carries her look really well in Injustice 2 and her gear makes her look quite cool. I also kinda like how her Trait is her eye-laser, kinda reminds me of Fulgore from Killer Instinct with his massive chest-laser. Also a pretty cool Super.
- Gorilla Grodd: Another character I've never really been interested in, but for a giant gorilla with a thick head and wearing golden armour, he's pretty cool-looking. I also like how he integrates telekinesis into his gameplay so he isn't just another typical heavy hitter, like Bane or Grundy were in the first game. For a large and strong character, Grodd is kinda interesting. However, his Super looks really lacking and boring compared to the others'.
- Atrocitus (and Dex-Starr): I had never really known about Atrocitus, other than hearing his name and knowing he was a Red Lantern. And his companion Dex-Starr is someone I only just learned about at the announcement of this game. At first glance, I wasn't sure what I thought about Atrocitus, but after seeing his gameplay, I can for certain say that he is indeed my favourite of the first 6 announced characters! I've played DCU Online using the Red Ring (Wrath) power, and I LOVE how much it uses blood magic, and Atrocitus has some cool moves showing that in Injustice 2. I love his demonic look, and him having a feline partner that flies about and assists him is incredibly hilarious and awesome! I had hoped Dex-Starr would somehow be included in the Super, but it's alright as it is now.
Atrocitus is a clear winner so far, imo.
What are your opinions on the current 6 characters we've seen so far?