Injustice 2, Microtransactions inevitable?

This game is more than six months away and most of trmk has decided it's trash poor injustice2......you were never allowed to live.

This game is more than six months away and most of trmk has decided it's trash poor injustice2......you were never allowed to live.

lol, you make it sound like that TRMK has the definite say in how Injustice 2 will fare. XD
It will do well, even if no one on here picks it up. I know I will though. ^^

I'm thinking about preo-ordering it soon. Short on cash right now, otherwise I would. I'm a little concerned that characters like Superman and Batman look like cut and paste versions of Injustice 1. Forward 2,3 returns to haunt people's dreams. Hopefully it's a little more balanced this time around.

lol, you make it sound like that TRMK has the definite say in how Injustice 2 will fare. XD
It will do well, even if no one on here picks it up. I know I will though. ^^

Agreed 100% that TRMK doesn't speak for the whole community.

For me, though, I will get Injustice 2 just probably not day 1.
I got the Collector's Edition of Dishonored 2 that will keep me busy for quite some time, and Injustice isn't my main fighting game series like MK is, so I'll wait for the Ultimate Edition (roughly 10 months later) with all of the DLC.

Agreed 100% that TRMK doesn't speak for the whole community.

For me, though, I will get Injustice 2 just probably not day 1.
I got the Collector's Edition of Dishonored 2 that will keep me busy for quite some time, and Injustice isn't my main fighting game series like MK is, so I'll wait for the Ultimate Edition (roughly 10 months later) with all of the DLC.

We are, what, 5 people on here on a good day. XD
And those days are few and far between.

We are, what, 5 people on here on a good day. XD
And those days are few and far between.

Yup.
Precisely.
And the few times when TRMK gets "flooded" with people are the times when a new MK or Injustice game comes out.
Even then it's what? A couple hundred people, at most?
Compared to the overall fanbase, that's a spit in the ocean full of fans for either franchise.

This whole situation is disenchanting. Watching the creator of my favorite series sit up there shilling for such a shady business practice is disappointing. They really are part of the big bad corporate machine now.

And what you guys don't get is that these microtransactions hurt us too. Just look back at MKX and its Krypt dlc. The average unlock costs around 3,000 coins. NRS actually lowered the amount of coins you earned in game to push people to buy the 20 dollar unlock. Without extremely monotonous grinding, it would take an obscene amount of time to unlock everything for free. And I'd imagine we can expect to see the same practice for this game. Ridiculously low odds of good gear or impossible unlock requirements. This really is a shame, and a far cry from the MK team that would shower their games with easily accessible content. I understand that is likely WB's doing, but it doesn't make it any less sad

Well, it only "hurts" you if you are being gratuitous and want all the stuff as fast as possible.
I guess I feel differently because I'm used to playing RPG's and MMO's where if you want the good stuff, it can take hours, days, weeks and even months before you get it. As long I'm having fun while doing it, I don't see it as a problem. If it was grinding through something I hated doing, then of course it would be a pain, but it isn't. It is playing the game. And if I hated playing the game, then why would I even play it to begin with?

I played MKX and eventually unlocked everything in the Krypt when I could afford it, and I had fun doing so... except for those f#cking jumpscares, but that's another topic. :p

It IS a shady business practise though, I agree on that. Making it hard on people to get the stuff, in hopes they will give up and spend real money instead.

I have very little worry in the Microtransactions for this game tbh. They literally have the foundation set with the Injustice mobile game which also has (non-cosmetic) gear. They appear to be easier to get in Injustice than they are in the mobile game, and I don't believe they can be purchased with in-game coins (unless they have some new unlock system). Then, people also have the option to fight matches without the gear for online (and offline, it won't matter). They'll probably bring a new version of Star Labs, which will probably give players rare gear (which will only be gained based on Skill like with the first game). Another thing is that it's next to impossible for Microtransactions to be used as a "Buy all Gear for 19.99" when they literally have to release gear for DLC characters which won't be included with that 19.99 microtransaction.

The only way I can see microtransactions coming is if they'll be releasing free DLC characters which you can only unlock during a certain time period like they did with the mobile game where you have to take on challenges then face said character to unlock them, or purchase a skip.

Micro-transactions in the Krypt, while also being a terrible idea in MKX, doesn't really affect anything.
Aside from unlocking all of the Brutalities quicker, it doesn't affect gameplay.
All main roster characters come with 2 universal Brutalities unlocked, from the start.
Extra costumes and artwork unlocked quicker? Sure.
Also, unlocking the Dragon King set isn't too much of a grind-fest if you do Kustom Kombat / Test Your Luck with the Brutality modifier.
I was able to level up 5 factions in a short span of time using that method.

On the other hand, if there are micro-transactions in Injustice 2 with this gear system, that DOES affect gameplay as all of the things that you unlock go towards making your character more defensive, offensive, rushdown, etc, etc, etc.

Also, unlocking the Dragon King set isn't too much of a grind-fest if you do Kustom Kombat / Test Your Luck with the Brutality modifier. I was able to level up 5 factions in a short span of time using that method.

Oh really? :hmmmm:
Welp, looks like I'll be getting two more trophies this week.

Oh really? :hmmmm:
Welp, looks like I'll be getting two more trophies this week.

Yeah.
It was a bit boring but I was able to level up the 5 factions to level 50 within about 4 days.
The Brutality Kombat modifier, Brutality FXP cards and match win FXP cards (background, icon and border) helped to do the trick.

It took you 4 days to farm for the method in which you farm further for coins. You admit it was boring, but don't see anything wrong with it.

And?
It's no different than getting the stuff in the Deadly Alliance or Deception Krypts.
How is it that you didn't mind unlocking all of the cosmetic stuff back in that era, but then some how unlocking cosmetic stuff in the Krypt today in MKX is a problem?
All 3 Krypts had stuff to unlock that was purely cosmetic, and don't really affect gameplay.
Again, each character in MKX that isn't DLC comes with 2 non-variation specific Brutalities, from the get-go.

Now, if there are micro-transactions that actually affect gameplay in Injustice 2, then I DO agree with you that that's an issue.
For cosmetic stuff, though, I could care less.
It just means that I earned it while the person who bought it didn't.
I'm not going to stress out over cosmetic stuff.

You've shown what your preferences are, I'm not going to argue them.

We'll just see how these micros affect everything