Injustice 2 rumored for 2017 release

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Not sure how reputable with "Game Blog" place is.

According to the French web site Game Blog, Warner Bros. and NeatherRealm Studios may announce Injustice: Gods Among Us 2 in the coming days, maybe even prior to the E3, which kicks off June 14th.

It's said Injustice: Gods Among Us 2 will use the same game engine as Mortal Kombat X and be released for PS4, XBox One and PC in March 2017.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/injustice-gods-among-us-2-rumored-e3

Huh. I'm not doubting your source at all, in fact it may be true, but just wanted to add that usually more sites will confirm this news in the following days if true as more news trickled in. We shall wait and see I suppose.

What I want for Injustice 2:
Better walking speed
Unsafe, reactable or no 50/50s at all.
Run button to replace switch stance
Blockable interactables
Taunts
Variations but only 2 this time (unlikley because Paulo said he doesn't like variations)
Good netcode from the start
28 MK guest characters including Fujin, Bo' Rai Cho and Sub-Zero :)

Sounds likely to me. It would be consistent with their scheduled releases from previous years as well (spring every other year release). I'm actually surprised they wouldn't be using unreal 4. I want to see what they can do with a new engine.

I'm not surprised at all seeing how they been (semi-)confirmed this back in 2013. Not to mention the major successes known as the mobile game and the Comic Series. I was a bit worried tbh, until I saw that they didn't even real the game until E3 at there own little booth. I don't know what route the story will take, but some characters I know will be in (for sales/marketing purposes) are:
-Batman
-Superman
-Aquaman
-Cyborg
-Wonder Woman
-Robin/Son of Batman
-Supergirl/Powergirl
-Green Lantern (Hal or John)
-The Flash
-Green Arrow
-The Joker
-Harley Quinn
-Enchantress/Deadshot/Suicide Member
-The Penguin
-Justice League Part 1 Main Villain
-Wonder Woman and/or Aquaman Villain
-Darkseid (Probably)
-1 or 2 Heroes of Tomorrow Characters

Sounds likely to me. It would be consistent with their scheduled releases from previous years as well (spring every other year release). I'm actually surprised they wouldn't be using unreal 4. I want to see what they can do with a new engine.
The mkx engine looks good but I'm in the same boat as to why nrs refuse to touch UE4. My guess would be it take another year of development to build a new game from the ground up and it would be faster to use the resources they have now. Btw the E3 conference starts June 13. If WB are to announce the game it will most likely be during sony's E3 conference. MKX was announced in a similar way. I expect some teaser trailer a week before E3 followed by gameplay demo during the conference. Fingers crossed they announce a beta!

Last edited:
The mkx engine looks good but I'm in the same boat as to why nrs refuse to touch UE4. My guess would be it take another year of development to build a new game from the ground up and it would be faster to use the resources they have now. Btw the E3 conference starts June 13. If WB are to announce the game it will most likely be during sony's E3 conference. MKX was announced in a similar way. I expect some teaser trailer a week before E3 followed by gameplay demo during the conference. Fingers crossed they announce a beta!

Agree with literally everything you just said lol

Boon retweeted the article with a "Whaaaaaaat, Injustice 2 rumors?"
Then retweeted someone praising the first game with a smiley face.

I'd say it's heavily in favor of being real. We've had discussions on here before about NRS possibly creating leaks to drum up hype

Can't wait but i wish they could just use Unreal engine 4 instead of the MKX one.

Nrs have made better progress in the character model department with mkx so as long as they can keep this trend up I'm fine with them using the mkx engine (even though i prefer UE4 ). As long as we don't end up with fuggly wonderman woman again and man raven.

I'm not surprised at all seeing how they been (semi-)confirmed this back in 2013. Not to mention the major successes known as the mobile game and the Comic Series. I was a bit worried tbh, until I saw that they didn't even real the game until E3 at there own little booth. I don't know what route the story will take, but some characters I know will be in (for sales/marketing purposes) are:
-Batman
-Superman
-Aquaman
-Cyborg
-Wonder Woman
-Robin/Son of Batman
-Supergirl/Powergirl
-Green Lantern (Hal or John)
-The Flash
-Green Arrow
-The Joker
-Harley Quinn
-Enchantress/Deadshot/Suicide Member
-The Penguin
-Justice League Part 1 Main Villain
-Wonder Woman and/or Aquaman Villain
-Darkseid (Probably)
-1 or 2 Heroes of Tomorrow Characters

Don't forget Catwoman. She is iconic as well.

Oh, right, there's an Injustice section. And it's right under the Video Games one... I am so blind. XD
Could continue the discussion from my thread here then.

Oh, right, there's an Injustice section. And it's right under the Video Games one... I am so blind. XD
Could continue the discussion from my thread here then.

Lol the injustice 2 threads are getting kinda crazy but hopefully one of the mods will merge them together.

Lol the injustice 2 threads are getting kinda crazy but hopefully one of the mods will merge them together.

I'm just excited for it. ^^
I really liked the first Injustice, and like I said in the other thread:

I'm glad that NRS are doing some other stuff that aren't just Mortal Kombat. And Injustice was the first good DCU fighter, while Marvel has had several (thanks to Capcom). Though I'm not that much of a DCU fan, I LOVE the Batman characters (specifically Nightwing, Catwoman and Harley) and also grown fond of the Teen Titans due to the animated series (as well as the Young Justice animated show).

I was so disappointed in how little we were able to play as both Nightwing and Catwoman in the Arkham series, so Injustice has been my only way to play as them (and the only good game with them).

Would also be cool to see Nightwing have a Grayson skin.

1397500147000-GRAYSON-COMICS-jy-3912-.JPG

Hopefully this one is about the Justice League being transported to the DC Movie Universe and stopping Batman vs Superman from being such a dogshit movie.

So Kati Cassidy, the actress who plays Black Canary in the tv show "Arrow", has tweeted this picture:

Cj0N4kYWsAExRrc.jpg

Look at the floor where she is standing...

The tweet:

"The process of game making! Freakin awesome!!!"

- https://twitter.com/MzKatieCassidy/status/737761179737677824

well, that does it for me. she was heavily rumored to be DLC in the previous game but didn't make the cut because you know, the likes of Batgirl and Zod were more requested.. (...) (...) NOT. but anyway, I suppose she'll be on the main roster now which is very refreshing. the problem with this game is a lot of characters need to be there and it won't feel new with just new visuals and whatnot if the roster is like 90% the same. hopefully, there will be no shit like we give you 25 chars but hey each one has 3 vars so we basically gave you 75!!!. if that's true indeed and the roster is like 27-28 characters with like 12-14 from the previous game, I'll be quite satisfied