Injustice 2 rumored for 2017 release

I wouldn't mind HD Shaolin Monks, because it was a fun game, but I wouldn't cry if NRS decided to just do nothing.

Same here.
I'm glad that they're doing Injustice 2 and giving the MK series some breathing air.
If they decide to give us something else MK-related next year, then great.
The cherry on top of the cake, for me.
If not, then I'll be saving that hype for MK11.

Yup.
They're also (for the most part on the threads here) the ones that resort to name-calling and personal attacks / flaming when their favorite character doesn't show up in the game, or when people disagree with them about their favorite character being in.
Another Arkade Kollection for PS4 and X1 should be just fine.

How about the entire back catalog of Mortal Kombat rereleased on PS4, XBone, and NX, like I've suggested previously? Would that be a sufficient compromise?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

As much shit as I give Armageddon, I'd love to play it again lol.
Motor Kombat was a guilty pleasure of mine

How about the entire back catalog of Mortal Kombat rereleased on PS4, XBone, and NX, like I've suggested previously? Would that be a sufficient compromise?

A port of all the games in 1 collection? Sure. Why not.
I just don't want to see people like that crazy Reiko fan, demanding that they do something for the 25th Anniversary and making threats if they don't.
If they do, great.
If they don't, also great.

The mini-games were the best things about Deception and Armageddon, imo.
I probably played more of that than the 2 main games themselves.
I wouldn't mind if they just released those 2 mini-games.

A port of all the games in 1 collection? Sure. Why not.
I just don't want to see people like that crazy Reiko fan, demanding that they do something for the 25th Anniversary and making threats if they don't.
If they do, great.
If they don't, also great.

The mini-games were the best things about Deception and Armageddon, imo.
I probably played more of that than the 2 main games themselves.
I wouldn't mind if they just released those 2 mini-games.
A rerelease of the entire back catalog is the bare minimum I will accept as being "big enough" for a 25th Anniversary.

As much shit as I give Armageddon, I'd love to play it again lol.
Motor Kombat was a guilty pleasure of mine

I loved playing them back in the day. But I tried to go back and play them again recently, and... they are so freaking broken and buggy, rendering them close to unplayable. The Konquest modes are the only reasons I'd go back and play them.

Then that would be two years too late. When I consistently suggested that Injustice holds MK back, THIS is exactly what I was talking about. Injustice 2 is robbing MK fans of a proper Silver Jubilee...which is what 2017 is supposed to be, last time I checked.

You can look at it this way but everyone has to realize: Injustice is the crash test dummy of the MK series. I like the concept of Injustice 2, it looks and sounds fun and innovative but it is not a coincidence it wasn't introduced in MKX. Innovation is taking risks. The concept of I2 is risky. But if people like this, you can be sure that it will be introduced in the next MK. If NRS runs Injustice into the ground, WB will not be happy but they could swallow it. If NRS ruins the MK franchise again, that would be hundred times worse. So I can wait two more years if it means that MK would potentially be much better and more innovative, anniversary or not.

As much as I loved him as Kotal, I really hope Phil Lamar doesn't voice Aquaman again. I'm certain he will tho, he obviously has some high credibility with NRS

You can look at it this way but everyone has to realize: Injustice is the crash test dummy of the MK series. I like the concept of Injustice 2, it looks and sounds fun and innovative but it is not a coincidence it wasn't introduced in MKX. Innovation is taking risks. The concept of I2 is risky. But if people like this, you can be sure that it will be introduced in the next MK. If NRS runs Injustice into the ground, WB will not be happy but they could swallow it. If NRS ruins the MK franchise again, that would be hundred times worse. So I can wait two more years if it means that MK would potentially be much better and more innovative, anniversary or not.

I wouldn't go THAT far as to say that Injustice is a crash test dummy for MK.
If anything, MKvsDC seemed (to me) like more of a crash test dummy / resume from NRS to WB as to possibility of what NRS could do with the Injustice series and their heroes, as that was their first collaboration with WB / DC before Midway went bankrupt.

Injustice is definitely the testing grounds for new MK ideas. I can almost guarantee customization will be in the next MK if it goes well with injustice

Seems like MKvsDC was a sort of testing grounds for both, though.
Aside from environmental grabs / jumping off of the background, grabbing and throwing objects was done before in MK4 so that's not technically new to the MK series.

Whereas with MKvsDC you had Klose Kombat, which seemed to evolve into the Injustice clash system, and Freefall Kombat which evolved into the environmental smashing from stage to stage in Injustice.

Usually in the fighting game business, every game is testing something that could be relevant for the next game. It's certainly been like that throughout Mortal Kombat's story, as well as Street Fighter's, Tekken's, Virtua Fighter's, King of Fighter's, Guilty Gear, Blazblue... you get the idea.

Mortal Kombat and Injustice are just interchangable, kinda like Guilty Gear and Blazblue, seeing as they are made by the same company and are very much alike.

I thought milestone anniversaries actually meant something special to fans...

Shamon now. It's obvious MKX's environmental interactions were inspired by Injustice, not MK4. They tested out interactions in Injustice, people said they were too strong, they were considerably toned down for MKX. Paulo didn't like dash blocking in MK9, they got rid of cancellable dashes in Injustice, people hated it saying it made the game too slow, MKX still doesn't have cancellable dashes (not to be confused with dash cancels) but they add a run feature.

I think MKvsDC was just them having fun with the license they had access to.

They do. However, some are just being rather overzealous fanatics about it while others are more calm and await to see what NRS will do with it.

I was still in middle school when the original Star Wars Trilogy was rereleased in theaters for the 20th Anniversary (and the Prequel Trilogy had just started filming at this particular time, too). I think I have a VERY good grasp on how milestone anniversaries of iconic franchises should be celebrated by the creators...with something BIG. A PROPER milestone anniversary celebration for MK literally hasn't happened since the release of MKDA.

Last edited:
Shamon now. It's obvious MKX's environmental interactions were inspired by Injustice, not MK4. They tested out interactions in Injustice, people said they were too strong, they were considerably toned down for MKX. Paulo didn't like dash blocking in MK9, they got rid of cancellable dashes in Injustice, people hated it saying it made the game too slow, MKX still doesn't have cancellable dashes (not to be confused with dash cancels) but they add a run feature.

I think MKvsDC was just them having fun with the license they had access to.

Environmental throwing of objects and a run feature are not new to MK, though.
Sure, Injustice improved on those features and helped them decide what was going (and not going) into MKX, but the run feature was a staple of MK3, Trilogy and MK4, and throwable objects / weapons were a staple of MK4.
That's my point.

I get you, but I'm not saying Injustice invented those ideas. NRS wanted to bring those ideas back, but they were such large changes to the hit formula of MK9, that they needed a scapegoat to try out the changes. The overpowered nature ofInjustice 's interactables was a huge complaint for that game. If it weren't for the then unestablished Injustice, it would have been a huge complaint for their flagship game, Mortal Kombat