X-Men Apocalypse

NathanCorsini

Have anyone watched it? I watched it today and was so excited to see it... And i must say i'm a bit disappointed with the movie.

Last edited:
Don't know how you saw it so early and I don't care how (but if you saw it the way I think you saw it, make sure to slide that link in my PMs). All I want to know is how much screen time does both Jubilee and Psylocke get in the movie? Mainly want to know about Jubilee though.

Well, it's already showing in Brazil. I went to the premiere yesterday. The official release day here is today - if any of you think i'm lying go check IMDB release dates.

Don't know how you saw it so early and I don't care how (but if you saw it the way I think you saw it, make sure to slide that link in my PMs). All I want to know is how much screen time does both Jubilee and Psylocke get in the movie? Mainly want to know about Jubilee though.

PMing you now. Don't be excited.

Last edited:
I keep hearing this movie is straight garbage. You think fox would have learned something after that god awful fantastic four reboot. At least sony came to their senses and let spiderman show up in the civil war movie. O well at least days of future past was good.

I keep hearing this movie is straight garbage. You think fox would have learned something after that god awful fantastic four reboot. At least sony came to their senses and let spiderman show up in the civil war movie. O well at least days of future past was good.

Its as if Disney is paying off the critics to give all newly released Comin book movies a bad review unless its a Marvel film. Lol. Look at BvS and new Xmen.... garbage reviews. Look at CA: CW, Deadpool (AAA PLUS REVIEWS)... Okay yes I enjoyed those movies as well, but comeon BvS wasnt THAT bad... i freekin LOVED it. And i bet i will love Xmen too. I bet Suicide Squad will be AMAZING yet it will ALSO receive a feces review... ugh....

Idk about Disney paying off critics to bash other comic book movies. Iron man 2 didn't get high praise and I don't remember that avengers sequal getting any better reviews. They've definitely had their hit and misses. I do remember days of future past getting good reviews though. It sucks the new Xmen movie is a dud. I was looking forward to it.

With the new cast I thought this movie was the worst movie out of three, again. First Class and DoFP were much better movies. The Apocalypse trailer looks great and epic but there was no depth behind the villain at all. Apocalypse being a God-like creature should have been much more interesting. At the beginning you think it could be great but after a while he becomes just plain and boring. Also his appearance is very dissappointing, he looks like a Power Ranger villain. His four riders have no reason to follow him, they are undeveloped af. He gives Magneto the power of controlling all metal over the planet but chooses a Kitana with laser sword and a guy with wings as his other riders. Not a good movie at all.

With the new cast I thought this movie was the worst movie out of three, again. First Class and DoFP were much better movies. The Apocalypse trailer looks great and epic but there was no depth behind the villain at all. Apocalypse being a God-like creature should have been much more interesting. At the beginning you think it could be great but after a while he becomes just plain and boring. Also his appearance is very dissappointing, he looks like a Power Ranger villain. His four riders have no reason to follow him, they are undeveloped af. He gives Magneto the power of controlling all metal over the planet but chooses a Kitana with laser sword and a guy with wings as his other riders. Not a good movie at all.

Lol, exactly. It's not just Apocalypse who isn't a deep character, all of them are (especially Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Angel, Storm...). That's why got me very disappointed with this movie.

In the comics Psylocke was a very strong mutant, but nothing was shown of that - she doesn't even shows she is a telepat. And exactly as you said, i don't know why Apocalypse was interested in her or the other 2 (Storm and Angel). They should at least kicked serious asses in the battle - at least hurt the others badly, to justify why Apocalypse wanted them.

Kinda curious where the hell his four horsemen are in the DoFP post-credit scene. No signs of that in this movie.

The Quicksilver scene alone made me see this movie. Seeing Storm as a villain in this movie was a bit weird
Spoiler:
but she redeemed herself in the end.

Overall I give this movie a 7/10

I watched it last Tuesday and I loved it! Psylocke was awesome!
This being an X-Men movie, I realize the characters won't be 100% as they are in the comics, and not all characters get equal screentime or background story, so considering that Psylocke is just a henchman, I loved what they did with her in this movie. She looked great, her fighting scenes were awesome, she used a freaking whip too! Awesome! :D

I liked it. ^^

Yeah, Olivia Munn was great as Psylocke! I hope to see more of her in that role, she is the definitive Psylocke for sure.

(Plus, the outfit is sexy :mrgreen:)

Glad they used this song in the movie. It fits, it's so metal Angel's wings turned into metal!

Seen it twice in the theatre, second time was in 3D, I think this is one of the best ones, behind DoFP.

As a long time, die hard Storm fan, I fcking cried tears of joy upon seeing this Shipp girl take over and own the role.

I've been an X-Men fan since grade 2, when I started to collect cards (I still have them and grade 2 was a long time ago <.<) so education time, for those not so much in the know....There are different versions of the four horsemen, depending which comics you are reading. In most, Angel is one of them, who is turned in to Archangel upon serving Apocalypse. Psylocke was also a horsemen at one point.

Storm and Magneto were never a part of the four horsemen (as far as I can remember), but, I think it's pretty cool they did that, even though it got a bit lazy at the end when they suddenly changed their minds because Storm saw his destruction and Magneto thought of his family....as if Storm didn't know what his plan was, even though he spent enough times discussing what he wanted to do....but, okay.

Also, Hugh Jackman <3