Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Takeda

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Tremor

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Triborg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Storywise, Kung Jin. Felt like they threw him in just because. Not even a peep, cry, or hum of how he felt about Kung Lao. Not even much of a role in the comics (yet).

Gameplaywise, definite Kotal Kahn. Just slow af (even more than Goro and Torr which is sad). Sunbeam move is not as cool as the comics. Can't double buff damage with blood code and strength totem active. Air Grab move is a waste of resources that could've made a new move for him that's actually good.

IMO, Kung Jin.
That's really not saying much, though, as I loved the new MKX characters more than about 80% of the original post-MK3 roster.

Also, technically speaking, Triborg isn't a new fighter, per se.
It's just the MKX cyborg version of those 3-in-1 Taco Bell / Pizza Hut / KFC restaurants. :laugh:
If his default U, U + 2 was a new cyborg, that would be a different case.
I'm pretty sure that some of the reasons that NRS gave him Triborg as a name was because (A) they didn't want just a generic "Cyborg Wins" type of announcement and (B) they didn't have each of the other character variations pronounced when they won, either.
You don't hear "Displacer Raiden wins."

I may be hung for this , but I hate Erron Black. He has minimal story involvement outside of being a lackey. The only real difference between him and Baraka or Reptile is he gets paid for his services. He still gets his a$$ handed to him throughout the story. Plus I don't see where his design is so great. He's a cowboy......I fully accept the wrath that will be unleashed upon me for my comments.

I can see how Erron Black and Ferra/ Torr may not be liked by some.
They were, unfortunately, the 2 characters out of the 8 new ones who hardly got much an explanation about their background.
The most we got out of the 2 is a (not yet canon) possibility of Erron Black having ties to Shang Tsung.
And as much as I like the character concept and gameplay of Ferra / Torr, I still feel like I don't even know them.

For story my least favorites are Erron and Ferra/Torr because they don't have much story at all.

For gameplay I'd have to say Erron is the worst. He's not a bad character, he's solid mid tier he's just not as good as the others.

MKX had a pretty solid group of newcomers IMO. My least favorites are Jacqui and Kung Jin, but even those characters are not bad.

Gameplay-wise? I'd say Kotal. He's too slow and his moveset feels oddly empty.

Story-wise? I think it's fair to say literally anyone other than D'vorah.

Design-wise? Tie between Erron Black and the SF kids.

Of course this is just what I personally think.

Storywise, Kung Jin. Felt like they threw him in just because. Not even a peep, cry, or hum of how he felt about Kung Lao. Not even much of a role in the comics (yet).

Gameplaywise, definite Kotal Kahn. Just slow af (even more than Goro and Torr which is sad). Sunbeam move is not as cool as the comics. Can't double buff damage with blood code and strength totem active. Air Grab move is a waste of resources that could've made a new move for him that's actually good.

Have you tried War God Kotal? He is a beast in that variation, he is one of my strongest characters.

Now onto my opinion. I personally think none of the new characters are particularly bad but if I had to pick a least favourite, it would be a tie between Cassie and Jacqui. Cassie may be funny and all but her moves feel very bland and unoriginal to me, at least Jacqui has the different types of gloves, which is pretty cool and she is one of the more fun characters to play as (gotta love blasting people with shotgun :D). Kung Jin is more interesting gameplay-wise and I like the shaolin type of characters. Takeda is by far the coolest new hero character. I love the four new villains the most.

So, I voted for Cassie just to make things more interesting, since I know Jacqui is gonna get a lot of hate.

Not surprise Jacqui is in the lead. Seems like none of the new heroes are getting love. I also expect Erron to receive the least votes.

I wonder sometimes if the whole "kids / relatives of other MK characters" factors into some of these votes.
Could have sworn a while ago that a ton of people hated Ferra / Torr, and now people hate Jacqui?

This doesn't seem to match the overall player usage, which (for the most part) has her at 5 spots above Ferra / Torr, when it comes to player usage.
If so people really hate Jacqui, then why would they use her more often than Ferra / Torr?
Also, since MKX came out, Cassie and Takeda are in the top 7 of characters most used, with Kung Jin not being too far behind at around the #10 or #11 spot.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/33017-PS4-Character-Usage-Updates

Definitely Tremor. He's also the worst ninja out of all of them.

How dare you? You, fan of some washed up wrestler who will NEVER even fight in the UFC, talking trash about Tremor? First and foremost, he is not a new character, as he debuted in MK: Special Forces and has appeared (albeit half a character) in MK9's Vita version. Secondly, he's been requested for a long, long time. Thirdly, he has a great set of variations and a great look that plays up the rock gimmick. What the hell is there to dislike? Last but not least, this post may seem like an attack but I'm mostly just messing with you because I like Tremor a lot and CM Punk sucks. :)

I may be hung for this , but I hate Erron Black. He has minimal story involvement outside of being a lackey. The only real difference between him and Baraka or Reptile is he gets paid for his services. He still gets his a$$ handed to him throughout the story. Plus I don't see where his design is so great. He's a cowboy......I fully accept the wrath that will be unleashed upon me for my comments.

Actually he is Clint Eastwood from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, but it doesn't matter for me because Kano is Terminator, Liu Kang is Bruce Lee, Johnny Cage is Van Damme, Raiden and Shang Tsung from Big Trouble in Little China.. This is Mortal Kombat you know.. Also i never understand why people being crazy about MKX's guest characters? i mean we already have a lot of movie characters in different names.. Predator, Alien, Jason Voorhees and Leatherface are thousand times better than two stupid common looking soldier girls.. without them MKX's roster is more boring for me.. if i had a chance to choose the characters for these 4 slots, i would pick Havik, Fujin, Reiko and Noob Saibot.. the bad thing about the MKX's guest characters, they were created to be movie heroes because of that Mortal Kombat fans hates them with no logic. Now i can fully accept the wrath that will be unleashed upon me for my comments :)

Last edited: