Boon asks what we want next: KP3, MK11 or Shaolin Monks Sequel

It means that if they don't care to move on to the next project and want to keep milking this, then I'll vote for KP3.
At this point, it's milking.
Fvck it.
When XL is advertised as being the all-in-one MKX package then they still try to make money off of the ones who bought the XL Edition, it's milking.
I don't care, either way, because I didn't get the XL version and wont buy the whole KP3.
I'll just buy the 1 character that I want and not purchase the ones that I don't want.
I could see how those that bought XL would be pissed if KP3 was announced, though, buying XL with the mentality that XL was the all in 1 package.

I can completely understand your point about MKXL buyers being upset because it's supposed to be a complete version , but I would personally look at it in a different way. They buy everything for $60. Original MKX buyers have spent roughly $120 if they purchased everything. So they could look at it as just saving some money. I bet a lot of people are more than willing to buy KP3 even after buying MKXL. I have spent $120 and would gladly pay $20-$30 more for KP3. Just my thoughts.

I can completely understand your point about MKXL buyers being upset because it's supposed to be a complete version , but I would personally look at it in a different way. They buy everything for $60. Original MKX buyers have spent roughly $120 if they purchased everything. So they could look at it as just saving some money. I bet a lot of people are more than willing to buy KP3 even after buying MKXL. I have spent $120 and would gladly pay $20-$30 more for KP3. Just my thoughts.

I can see it that way, as well.
It's the same way that people get the Uncharted Collection for 1 price, rather than all 3 games separately @ $60 each.
I totally see that.
I was just saying that if NRS isn't going to do MK11 or another Shaolin Monks and they decide to just keep doing MKX stuff (according to the poll), then if it's a character that I like, I'll buy it.

Last edited:
I sort of hope there is a KP3. I really wanted Sindel or Sareena to be in the game. I think out of 9 DLC characters (technically 12) , only 1 being female and 4 being guest characters is shitty. I like the guests , but I thought 2 was pushing it. MK characters like Li Mei , Sareena , Sindel , Fujin , Rain , Noob Saibot , Nightwolf , or even Kabal are all good choices , and I shudder to think about fighting Kabal again.

Still cannot believe MK11 is the least voted option. Anyway, if we were to consider the polls he have done lately, this would be the KP3:

1. Noob Saibot
2. Rain
3. Jade
4. SINDEL

Ninja pack. I can tell you i'd be happy with it!

Fixed! That's much better.

Two characters that are already designed in the game a 2 characters whose whereabouts are missing from the game's story mode.

As much as I'd love to see him as DLC, I'm not holding my breath for Fujin anymore.
He's a lost cause, and 1 of Brian Chard's latest Tweets even has me thing that we'll never see him ever again.....

https://twitter.com/bcharred/status/731890500706435072

Wow... I clicked this link expecting to see Fujin's name. Turns out it was Frost that was bashed like hell. Redundant gameplay? Seriously? Taking a look at their concept art for Frost I can tell how much effort they put into her. Again I understand she ain't main character, nor someone very important in the story, but calling "redundant" without even trying. Wow.

Also because people complained they are not going to put in the characters... people can't make up their minds... one sec. Damn I mean majority of people really couldn't make their mind about what they want. It's not like Fujin was thrown around everywhere. Not like he was mentioned on multiple gaming websites as THE MOST requested character. Nah. Didn't happen.

Guest characters were a polite way of telling us shut it. Ok. So... why tell us "we listen to you guys", if you want us to just shut the f$%k up?

Jeez why the f%$k I clicked on that link. Just got pissed off again. GOD DAMMIT

Majority wanted guest characters, so on that, they did listen to us.

Still don't understand Bo over Fujin tho lol.

Two characters that are already designed in the game a 2 characters whose whereabouts are missing from the game's story mode.

Actually, this would be closer to being better, imo:

1. Noob Saibot
2. Fujin
3. Jade
4. Sareena

Fujin and Sareena have been the 2 most requested male and female characters that aren't currently in MKX, and Boon conveniently left them out those polls.
More people want seem to want Fujin and Sareena over Rain and Sindel.

Last edited:

Lol, i can easily tell you that i wouldn't mind if Skarlet never show up again. Sindel is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, she just kicked MK9's entire roster and she is Kitana's mother. No need to say more. I was just pointing the results of Boon's poll on twitter.

1. Noob Saibot
2. Fujin
3. Jade
4. Sareena

Fujin and Sareena have been the 2 most requested male and female characters that aren't currently in MKX, and Boon conveniently left them out those polls.

With Fujin i completely agree - i'd love to see him but i've already lost my hopes - and that's because Boon even left him out of the poll. But can't agree with Sareena. She's just on the same boat Tanya was. The same people asking over and over. I rarely meet a Tanya when playing online. Very very rare.

1. Noob Saibot
2. Fujin
3. Jade
4. Sareena

I agree with this too.

Sareena's variations...

Variation 1: Kamas

Variation 2: Dragon Fang (I can imagine this as similar as Jason's Slasher even with her tossing the sword as a projectile.)

Variation 3: Daggers

But can't agree with Sareena. She's just on the same boat Tanya was. The same people asking over and over. I rarely meet a Tanya when playing online. Very very rare.

The same could be for Sindel, though.
How do you know that Sindel would have many people playing as the character if she's DLC?
Just because she was written in as a weak (IMO) plot-point for MK9, doesn't mean that she'll be played more as a character.

Hell, Nightwolf killed Sindel single-handedly and was 1 of my mains in MK9, but I'm glad that he stayed dead for MKX and that Kotal Kahn is the new Native character for MKX.

I think Jade would have a hard time filling 3 variations. Wasn't Mournful Kitana made specifically to represent Jade?

The same could be for Sindel, though.
How do you know that Sindel would have many people playing as the character if she's DLC?
Just because she was written in as a weak (IMO) plot-point for MK9, doesn't mean that she'll be played more as a character.

Hell, Nightwolf killed Sindel single-handedly and was 1 of my mains in MK9, but I'm glad that he stayed dead for MKX and that Kotal Kahn is the new Native character for MKX.

Yes, i know. I'm not saying Sindel should be DLC over Sareena - i think both deserve to be (Sareena maybe a bit more cause she was only playable on Armageddon and she deserves a new shot - but on the otherside, we already had too many leftfield DLC characters this game and probably they didn't sold well - Bo Rai Cho, Tanya and Tremor. The only one not leftfield is Triborg - and out of the MK DLC characters i'm sure he was the most sold. If more popular characters are DLC, probably will sell more and they will decrease the boredom of guest characters in favor of MK characters.

I think Jade would have a hard time filling 3 variations. Wasn't Mournful Kitana made specifically to represent Jade?

Lol, even as a big fan of Kitana, i think it's the opposite. Kitana got a Jade variation cause they had a hard time (lazy) thinking 3 variations for her. Jade have many options: glaive, shadow, staff and she even had a teleport on MK Deception. Out of the 3 girls (Kitana, Mileena and Jade), i think Jade was the one to fit more easily on the variations system.

I agree with [MENTION=18386]NathanCorsini[/MENTION] in that it can be seen either way, or possibly even none of the above. ;)

The same goes with Alien.

Perhaps they didn't have enough moves for 3 variations for Baraka, and they merged him with Alien.
Perhaps they didn't have enough moves for 3 variations for Alien, and they merged him with Baraka.
Parhaps it's none of the above and they just wanted to pay tribute to 1 character with another.

By the way... When do you guys think they're going to announce a KP3 (if its really in the papers)?!

IF that poll is deciding what happens next my guess is that we'll hear something at either E3, or a little bit after that at CEO 2016 (end of June), or near EVO 2016 (mid-July).

I agree with Jade being easier to fit into the variation system. I was just suggesting that it's unlikely for her to be DLC because Kitana took half of her moveset for the Mournful variation.

I agree with you on Jade being less likely as DLC, due to the Mournful variation.
I just listed her because she was #1 on Boon's Twitter poll for the female characters.

I kinda hope there isn't a KP3 because from what I've seen the very vocal folk who want one would just ask for more guests. Plus as mentioned above MKXL is supposed to be the full bundle, another KP is kinda extra now imo. A shame the Shaolin Monks sequel still isn't a full fledged reality. Good to see that there's interest though.

Actually, I think she is easy to come up with.

Variation 1: Staff Attacks

Variation 2: Razorang Attacks

Variation 3: A new weapon, attacks based on her Shadow Glow attacks, teleportation attacks, or maybe new abilities (if she is possessed by the mystery woman from her MK9 ending).

EDIT: NathanCorsini beat me to it. Wasn't able to read his post before this. Lol

She should appear in more MK games AS MUCH AS REPTILE!!!!