Li Mei
Ferra / Torr
Erron Black

Also Triborg (who isn't in the poll) and the wild cards:

Kabal
Sindel
Stryker
Nightwolf

Here's my ideal roster and to some extent, variation (down to 2 instead of 3)

Starting Kombatants:
Scorpion (as Hanzo Hasashi): Ninjutsu/Hellfire
Sub-Zero (in unmasked outfit): Grandmaster/Cryomancer
Kenshi: Balanced/Kenjutsu
Cassie Cage: Brawler/Special Forces (fusion style of her Spec Ops and Sonya's Covert Ops variation without counters)
Takeda: Lasher/Ronin
Jacqui Briggs: Shotgun/High Tech
Kung Jin: Shaolin (with some specials from Ancestral variation)/Bojutsu
Reptile (under his real name Syzoth): Deceptive/Nimble
Kotal Kahn: War God/Sun God
Kung Lao (Revenant Form): Tempest/Hat Master (have a bit of specials from both Buzz Saw and Hat Trick variations)
Shang Tsung: Sorcerer/Soul Manipulator
Nightwolf (Revenant Form): Shamanistic/War Path
Tremor: Aftershock/Metallic
Sareena: Assassin/Demoness
Bo' Rai Cho: Drunken Master/Dragon Breath
Fujin: Wind God/Gentle Breeze

Unlockable Kombatants:
Nitara: Vampiric/Blood Mender
Ashrah: Light Apostle/Kriss Wielder
Sindel (Revenant Form): Banshee Queen/Griever
Kai: White Lotus/Enlightened
Ferra/Torr: Lackey/Savage (fusion style of both Ruthless and Vicious variations)
Tanya: Pyromancer/Kobu Jutsu
Erron Black: Gunslinger/Outlaw
Rain: Weather Master/Edenian Knight
Dark Raiden: Thunder God/Master of Storms (Teleport special will be implemented into both varations)
Kitana (Dark Empress): Royal Storm/Ethereal Princess (fusion style of Assassin and Mileena's Ethereal variation)
Liu Kang (Dark Emperor): Dragon Fire/Dualist

DLC:
Mileena: Piercing/Ravenous
Reiko: Dark General/Blood God
Havik: Cleric/Distorted Manipulator

How's it so far?

Last edited:
My Basic Ideal Roster for 11:

Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Cassie Cage
Takeda
Kung Jin
Jacqui Briggs
Kenshi
Johnny Cage
Frost
Raiden
Liu Kang
Kitana
Fujin
Jade
Kotal Kahn
Reptile
D'Vorah
Ferra-Torr
Erron Black
Sheeva
Sareena
Havik
Noob Saibot
Nitara
Kano
Tremor
Ermac
(What's Left can be newcomers)

[MENTION=2567]Vigilante_FireDragon[/MENTION], I don't mind the idea of 2 variations instead of 3, as long as some moves aren't locked behind a specific variation, which was 1 of my biggest gripes with MKX.

[MENTION=2567]Vigilante_FireDragon[/MENTION], I don't mind the idea of 2 variations instead of 3, as long as some moves aren't locked behind a specific variation, which was 1 of my biggest gripes with MKX.

i think that was for balancing reasons, from preventing characters from being too OP

i think that was for balancing reasons, from preventing characters from being too OP

I get that it was likely because of balancing, but that could have also been done without completely removing certain special moves from the 2 other variations, no?
Just have the special move give less damage or give it different properties.

EDIT:

For example, I wish that Takeda's Blade Drop, Blade Kall and Quick Kall weren't just limited to his Ronin variation.
I would have preferred if the Plasma Swords were in all variations, but with different properties to them.

Last edited:
I get that it was likely because of balancing, but that could have also been done without completely removing certain special moves from the 2 other variations, no?
Just have the special move give less damage or give it different properties.

EDIT:

For example, I wish that Takeda's Blade Drop, Blade Kall and Quick Kall weren't just limited to his Ronin variation.
I would have preferred if the Plasma Swords were in all variations, but with different properties to them.

I get what you're saying. Not only cuz of balancing reasons, but you also have to keep in mind with the mapping input when executing said move. I'm not sure what other inputs can you map the other moves into with Netherrealm input map system.

I will simplify this for myself just list who I don't want to be included.

Sonya, Johnny Cage, Jax, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kano, Mileena, Sheeva, Stryker, Jarek, Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin

Other than that, Ill take a roster of 30 fighters, 20-25 existing, 5-10 New.

MKII has previously proven that they could do an MK game without Sonya and Kano and still make it good, so I'd be perfectly fine with that.
They can be cameos and it would free up some roster space.
Sheeva I don't think is ever coming back. She's probably too busy ruling over Australia. :laugh:
I'd like to see at least Takeda, Jacqui and Cassie from the special forces group return, though, if anything so that they can take their parent's place and have the torch passed to the new generation.

Here's my updated Roster, but with the MK11 Trailer coming soon (probably next month) I'm gonna make this list more realistic and have it align with the main story while also being ideal for me.

1) Lui Kang
2) Takeda
3) Kung Jin
4) Daegon
5) New Chaos Realm Character
6) Fujin
7) Raiden
8 ) Ferra/Torr
9) Scorpion
10) Kai
11) Subzero (with a Noob Saibot Variation)
12) Skarlet
13) Kitana
14) Jacqui
15) Hotaru
16) New Dream Realm Character
17) Erron Black
18 ) D'Vorah
19) Belokk
20) Cassie Cage
21) Kotal Kahn
22) Ashrah
23) Reptile
24) Tanya
25) New Edenian Character
26) New God Character
27) Rain
28 ) Jade
29) New Seido Character
30) New Immortal/Non-God Character

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Cassie Cage
4. Jacqui Briggs
5. Kung Jin
6. Takeda
7. Kotal Kahn
8. D'Vorah
9. Erron Black
10. Ferra/Torr
11. Reptile
12. Raiden
13. Liu Kang
14. Kitana
15. Reiko
16. Tremor
17. Jade
18. Fujin
19. Kai
20. Nitara
21. Skarlet
22. Moloch
23. Drahmin
24. Rain
25. Li Mei
26. Cyrax
27. Ermac
28. Onaga

DLC Pack #1 (The Black Dragon Live On)
1. Kano's son
2. Jarek
3. Revenant Kabal
4. Kira (redesigned with a new hair color, preferably navy blue or a deep purple)

DLC Pack #2
1. Spawn
2. Havik
3. Noob Saibot
4. New female Saurian named Viper

A few new additions to story
-Fujin is the new protector of Earthrealm and is grooming Kai, who is shown to be much younger in this timeline, to be the next champion. He and Cassie have a bumpy relationship at first but things appear to be moving toward a mutual romantic interest later on.

-Cyrax has been reprogrammed by Jax, Johnny, and Sonya, who make cameo appearances, to serve in the Special Forces. He notes that the Lin Kuei has Sektor's robotic body, but Smoke was stolen from the Special Forces lab by a black ninja that seemed oddly familiar for some reason.

-The Serpentine Sect: These are Onaga's most trusted allies who have worked to ensure that his return is successful. It is a trio that consists of Reptile, Viper, and Li Mei. They carry out his most important tasks upon his return, including the murder of Kung Jin as a blood sacrifice.

-Kano has been arrested and his son is the leader of the new Black Dragon, who has been supplying the Netherrealm with bombs from the Dream Realm. The team consists of himself, Tremor, Jarek, and Kira, who later reveals that she is Kano's daughter and begins a personal rivalry with Cassie Cage. The new Black Dragon has also come to be in possession of Kabal's body and are debating on what to do with it.

-The Serpentine Sect feigns an alliance with Liu Kang, whom they call the "true Dragon King" and lead him and Kitana into a trap. Raiden faces Liu Kang and kills him in 1 on 1 combat. The mysterious woman in Jade's ending whisks Kitana away in a thick, murky green fog.

-Moloch and Drahmin fight together as one sub boss.

-The final fight is between Raiden and Onaga, until Rain shows up with an ancient Edenian weapon sealed away by Argus and it becomes a three way fight. Rain manages to mortally wound Raiden.

-Onaga, with the aid of a distraction from the Serpentine Sect, kills Rain, which awakens Taven and Daegon and leads into the next game.

This is a half prediction/half want list

1. Sub-Zero
2. Tremor
3. Havik
4. Hotaro
5. Tri-Borg
6. Noob Saibot
7. Skarlet
8. Raiden
9. Fujin
10. Kotal Kahn
11. Rain