Select Your Ideal MK11 Roster!

DFGHTENNIS

Hey everybody.
So I wanted to start this thread right after KP2 announcement back in December, but for some reason that never happened.

Now I think It's safe to assume that there not gonna be anymore DLC characters, So I thought It's the right time to start a "MK11 Roster poll".

So without further ado, Vote!

Link

BTW, you can select up to 30 characters.

And feel free to post your roster here..

1. Reiko
2. Quan Chi
3. Shinnok
4. Tanya
5. Fujin
6. Kai
7. Havik
8. Hotaru
9. Li Mei
10. Ashrah
11. Nitara
12. Frost
13. Bo'Rai Cho
14. Drahmin
15. Moloch
16. Mavado
17. Onaga
18. Daegon
19. Taven

Spice things up a bit with Outworlders like Kotal Kahn, Ferra/Torr, Ermac, Rain...

It would be an awesome game.

Screw Kenshi, he's been in enough games:))) I couldn't care less for Scorpion, Sub-Zero and so on....I'm so bored of these characters that they can't even get me to buy a MK figurine. They need a time off.

My Ideal Roster may or may not be the most favorable to others:

1) Li Mei
2) Takeda
3) Nitara
4) Daegon
5) Sareena
6) Fujin
7) Stryker
8 ) Ferra/Torr
9) Khameleon
10) Kai
11) Havik
12) Skarlet
13) Mavado
14) Jacqui
15) Hotaru
16) Frost
17) Erron Black
18 ) D'Vorah
19) Kira
20) Cassie Cage
21) Kotal Kahn
22) Ashrah
23) Reptile
24) Tanya
25) Sindel
26) Nightwolf
27) Rain
28 ) Jade
29) Reiko
30) Tremor

Last edited:
In-Game Roster:
1. Scorpion
2. Sub Zero
3. Reptile
4. D'Vorah
5. Kung Lao (Revenant)
6. Liu Kang (Dark Emperor)
7. Kitana (Dark Empress)
8. Dark Raiden
9. Fujin
10. Kano OR Kano's Son OR Tremor (Black Dragon Representative)
11. Rain
12. Takeda
13. Cassie (Will have Sonya's and Johnny Cage's moves instead in her variations.)
14. Jacqui (Will have Jax's moves instead in one of her variations.)
15. Sareena
16. Tanya
17. Kung Jin
18. Kenshi
19. Li Mei
20. Ermac
21. Triborg (Unlocked after beating him in Arcade/Klassic Ladder.)
22. Erron Black
23. Kotal Kahn
24. Nitara
25. Goro (Unlocked after beating him in Klassic/Arcade Ladder.)
26. Onaga (Secret Character/Final Boss. Can be unlocked after finishing story mode.)

The Arcade/Klassic Ladder should consist of 10 characters to fight against PLUS the hidden mini bosses and superbosses.

Hidden Mini Bosses/"New Challenger" Bosses (Before Match 6): Goro or Triborg (To fight Goro, do not lose a match against the first 5 matches of the ladder. To fight Triborg, do not lose a match against the first 5 matches AND perform at least THREE BRUTALITIES on any of the first 5 matches.)
Mini Boss 1: Dark Empress Kitana
Mini Boss 2: Dark Emperor Liu Kang
Sub-Boss: Dark Raiden
Final Boss: Onaga
BONUS SUPERBOSSES (After the final boss.): Jade or Noob Saibot (To fight Jade, do not block through out the match against the final boss and use at least 1 X-Ray attack throughout the match. To fight Noob Saibot, do not block through out the match against the final boss and do NOT use any X-Ray attack throughout the match.)

The player would know when they are fighting the superboss when Onaga explodes, the screen fades, and then the player's character will be in a dream state, fighting the superboss. Neither character (cpu nor player) can perform finishers on each other. Whether the player loses or wins, the player can still watch the character ending and unlock the second outfit for that character. If the superboss is defeated, a trophy for the respective console will be given and a HUGE amount of currency/points will be given for the Krypt.

Kombat Pack 1:
1. Jade (Possessed and/or Not)
2. Noob Saibot
3. Kai
4. Guest OR Daegon

Kombat Pack 2:
5. Mileena (Revenant or Clone. Fan favorite.)
6. Shang Tsung (Fan Favorite)
7. Hotaru
8. Guest OR Taven

0-2 guests characters are enough.

Last edited:
1- Scorpion
2- Sub-Zero
3- Raiden
4- Liu Kang
5- Kitana
6- Kotal Kahn
7- Ermac
8- Reptile
9- Erron Black
10- Shang Tsung
11- Havik
12- Daegon
13- Fujin
14- Kung Lao
15- Kabal
16- Kenshi
17- Drahmin
18- Takeda
19- Kung Jin
20- Johnny Cage
21- Sonya Blade
22- Smoke
23- Kano
24- Goro
25- Noob Saibot
26- Sareena
27- Taven
28- Rain
29- Li Mei
30- Reiko

31- New big bad (Female Elder God could be)
32- New sub-boss (Monster or not, must be new one)
33- Baraka or new Tarkatan
34- D'Vorah or new Kytinn
35- Kano's Son
36- New male char
37- New female char

there is no reason to make a roster like this, just a dream:deal: no cassie cage, no jacqui, no jax, no tanya..

1-Scorpion
2-Sub-zero
3-Kenshi
4-Sektor
5-Smoke
6-Fujin
7-Raiden
8-Sheeva
9-Jade
10-Kotal Kahn
11-Erron Black
12-Takeda
13-Kung Jin
14-Cassie Cage
15-Kano
16-Kabal
17-Kung Lao
18-Tanya
19-Liu Kang
20-New
21-New
22-New
23-New
24-new
25-sub-boss
26-Final Boss (an elder god should be)

Kombat Pack 1
1-Ermac
2-Kitana
3-Goro
4-Reptile

Kombat Pack 2
1-shang Tsung
2-Quan Chi
3-Mileena
4-Baraka

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Cassie
5. Kenshi
6. Kung Jin
7. Takeda
8. Erron Black
9. Kotal Kahn
10. Fujin
11. Reiko
12. Sareena
13. Sheeva
14. Kabal
15. Drahmin
16. Noob-Saibot
17. Nitara
18. Khameleon
19. Havik
20. Shang Tsung
21. D'Vorah
22. Kitana
23. Liu Kang
24. Motaro
25. Shao Kahn

I really like this idea to go along with my roster:
Liu Kang and Kitana sommon Havik to ignites a war between Earthrealm and Outworld. Happens easily seeing as how Raiden is dark, and how cautious Kotal is after X. During this time, Liu Kang and Kitana conquer Edenia. This splits up fighters from Earthrealm. Some follow Dark Raiden, whereas others, lead by Fujin, are against fighting Outworld.

Havik "sides" mostly with Raiden, as he feeds off the chaos his Dark side brings. Shang Tsung returns through Ermac and sides with Dark Raiden because they share common interests in Outworld's fate.

Fujin leads the remaining heroes against Dark Raiden's madness. They're caught up in trying to reason with Raiden's disasterous war, a defensive Outworld, and Netherrealm merging with Edenia.

Kotal Kahn has expanded his armies since Mileena's death including the Centaur armies lead by Motaro, Nitara's coven of Vampires, Khameleon, Sheeva and even gains Reiko's allegiance.

Netherrealm merges with Empress Kitana's home of Edenia during the chaos as their first act. Liu Kang and Kitana use Shao Kahn as their champion. A revenant left behind by the late Quan Chi.

Alignments
Heros: Fujin, Kung Jin, Kenshi, Cassie, Sub-Zero, Sareena, Kabal

Dark/Corrupted/Anti-Hero: Raiden, Scorpion, Takeda, Havik, Shang Tsung

Outworld: Kotal Kahn, Erron Black, Motaro, Khamleon, Nitara, Sheeva, Reiko

Netherrealm/Edenia: Liu Kang, Kitana, Shao Kahn, D'Vorah, Drahmin, Noob-Saibot

Last edited:
In-Game Roster:
1. Scorpion
2. Sub Zero
3. Reptile
4. D'Vorah
5. Kung Lao (Revenant)
6. Liu Kang (Dark Emperor)
7. Kitana (Dark Empress)
8. Dark Raiden
9. Fujin
10. Kano OR Kano's Son (Black Dragon)
11. Rain
12. Takeda
13. Cassie (Will have Sonya's and Johnny Cage's moves instead in her variations.)
14. Jacqui (Will have Jax's moves instead in one of her variations.)
15. Sareena
16. Tanya
17. Kung Jin
18. Kenshi
19. Li Mei
20. Ermac
21. Triborg (Unlocked after beating him in Arcade/Klassic Ladder in medium difficulty or higher.)
22. Erron Black
23. Kotal Kahn
24. Nitara
25. Daegon (Red Dragon)
26. Sindel (Revenant)
27. Goro (Unlocked after beating him in Klassic/Arcade Ladder in medium difficulty or higher.)
28. Onaga (Secret Character/Final Boss. Can be unlocked after finishing story mode.)
29. Noob Saibot (Unlocked after beating him in Klassic/Arcade Ladder in medium difficulty or higher.)
30. Jade (Possessed by the mystery woman or not. Unlocked after beating her in Klassic/Arcade Ladder in medium difficulty or higher.)

The Arcade/Klassic and Tag Team Ladder should consist of 10 matches PLUS the hidden mini bosses and superbosses.

Hidden Mini Bosses/"New Challenger" Bosses (Before Match 6): Goro or Triborg (To fight Goro, do not lose a match against the first 5 matches of the ladder. To fight Triborg, do not lose a match against the first 5 matches AND perform at least THREE FATALITIES on any of the first 5 matches.)
Mini Boss 1: Dark Empress Kitana
Mini Boss 2: Dark Emperor Liu Kang
Sub-Boss: Dark Raiden
Final Boss: Onaga
BONUS SUPERBOSSES (After the final boss.): Jade or Noob Saibot (To fight Jade, do not block through out the match against the final boss and use at least 1 X-Ray attack throughout the match. To fight Noob Saibot, do not block through out the match against the final boss and do NOT use any X-Ray attack throughout the match.)

The player would know when they are fighting the superboss when Onaga explodes, the screen fades, and then the player's character will be in a dream state, fighting the superboss. Neither character (cpu nor player) can perform finishers on each other. Whether the player loses or wins, the player can still watch the character ending and unlock the second outfit for that character. If the superboss is defeated, a trophy for the respective console will be given, a HUGE amount of currency/points will be given for the Krypt, and the character (Jade or Noob Saibot) will be unlocked.

Tag Team Arcade/Klassic Ladder:
- The boss characters Goro, Triborg, Dark Raiden, Onaga, Noob Saibot, and Jade are all fought against as individual opponents but will have more health.
- Dark Empress Kitana will be teaming up with Sindel (Revenant).
- Dark Emperor Liu Kang will be teaming up with Kung Lao (Revenant).
- Other regular characters will be teaming up with other regular characters (including DLC).
* Unlockable characters can also be unlocked through this mode with medium difficulty or higher.

Kombat Pack 1:
1. Mileena
2. Shang Tsung
3. Kai
4. Male guest character, Smoke/Enenra (Revenant), new male character, Shao Kahn, or Reiko.

Kombat Pack 2:
5. Kira, Khameleon, Skarlet, Ashrah, new female character, or female guest character (if no male guest character is in Kombat Pack 2).
6. Taven
7. Hotaru
8. Male guest character (if no female guest character in Kombat Pack 2), Kabal (Revenant), Nightwolf (Revenant), Havik, or Tremor.

Last edited:
Aside from the obvious 9 that NRS will likely include in MK11 (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Reptile, Kenshi), I'll make my "wishlist" roster from there....

10. Shang Tsung - because I want him to finally have his own ulterior motives and be a more ruthless villain, for once.
11. Cassie Cage
12. Jacqui
13. Takeda
14. Kung Jin
15. Kotal Kahn
16. D'Vorah
17. Erron Black
18. Ferra / Torr
19. Fujin
20. Reiko
21. Havik
22. Sareena
23. Noob Saibot - to take the NetherRealm rule from Kitana and Liu Kang, by force (ala MK9 ending), and it would also tie-in Sareena and Havik
24. NEW
25. NEW

DLC:

- 3 DLC from MK9 / Trilogy
- 3 DLC from the post-MK3 / 3D era (DA, D, Armageddon)
- 2 obligatory guests

That's 33 total characters (including DLC), with 24 of those being on the main roster.

Commander? why do you think NRS will include Reptile over Johnny Cage? I mean Cage looks like their new hero and Reptile is the guy who got beaten by everyone, he doesn't even have full 3 styles in MKX (and this is with his preexisted arsenal of moves)

Commander? why do you think NRS will include Reptile over Johnny Cage? I mean Cage looks like their new hero and Reptile is the guy who got beaten by everyone, he doesn't even have full 3 styles in MKX (and this is with his preexisted arsenal of moves)

Because second to Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden and Liu Kang, Reptile usually doesn't miss many games, either.

As for Johnny Cage, Cassie Cage is the reason why I think that he can sit out for a game, especially with 3 variations now.
If Mournful Kitana can be the Jade substitute for MKX, then a tribute for him can be done in 1 variation for him in MK11.
Also, Cassie defeating Shinnok in MKX story mode points more towards Cassie Cage taking up that new "hero" mantle, despite how cheesy the fight with Shinnok may have come off as to some.
NRS seems to have had that fight in mind with the purpose of passing the torch to her.
I hope that Jacqui takes her father's place in the next game, too.
IMO, Sonya, Johnny and Jax can sit out for a game or 2, while the torch is passed to the new generation of MK fighters.

Too many people will be pissed if Kung Lao isn't included again in MK11, and Kenshi is Boon's 2nd favorite, which is why I included those 2 in the "obvious 9" for MK11.
Otherwise, if it was up to me, Kung Jin and Takeda would take their place as well, and free up 2 more slots for 2 more new characters.

Last edited:
I agree with you, but i afraid Johnny, Sonya and Jax all 3 will return once again, i personally prefer them not to, their time has gone

i hope Kung Lao doesnt return. as a playable character in the roster anyway. he doesnt need to be in every mk game now. online players can get good with someone else. and no mileena either.

i hope Kung Lao doesnt return. as a playable character in the roster anyway. he doesnt need to be in every mk game now. online players can get good with someone else. and no mileena either.

Then tell that to the fans, tourney players, and NRS staff members that want them in every game.
OSU16Bit works at NRS and Kitana is his favorite character, so she's not going anywhere.
Derek is a HUGE Mileena fan and some of the tourney guys favor her, so she's not going anywhere.
Kung Lao is used by Perfect Legend and others for tourneys, so he's also not going anywhere, either.

According to NRS decision to keep certain characters in MKX, it looks like Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Reptile and Kenshi are the new OG9 for the series, moving on forward.
If it was up to me, I agree with you and I wouldn't have those characters in MK11, either, but the world would end if they aren't included.

I agree with you, but i afraid Johnny, Sonya and Jax all 3 will return once again, i personally prefer them not to, their time has gone

I prefer them not to have those 3 in either, to make space for other characters, but unfortunately these days if 1 of the klassic characters from MK1 thru UMK3 are gone, people will still find a reason to b**** and complain that MKX, MK11 or whatever other numbered MK sequel sucks because of it.

Shit, I mean, we got Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero back via Triborg and people on other gaming sites like IGN still complain and say that the "entire MKX roster sucks" because 10 FVCKING characters from MK9 / Trilogy are missing?

Really?
Baraka, Sindel, Sheeva, Shang Tsung, Kabal, Rain, Stryker, Noob Saibot, Jade and Nightwolf are missing and the WHOLE MKX roster sucks because those specific 10 are not in???
Nevermind that 20 other characters from MK9 made it into MKX in some way, shape or form.
No.
Those 10 are absent, so b****, b****, b****, complain, complain, complain.
This is why NRS can't ever make the fanbase happy.
There will always be someone who complains and wants to torch NRS for not including THEIR favorite.
I'm a huge MK9 Nightwolf user, but since he's not in MKX, I moved on and found other characters to use in his place.

Last edited:
Then tell that to the fans, tourney players, and NRS staff members that want them in every game.
OSU16Bit works at NRS and Kitana is his favorite character, so she's not going anywhere.
Derek is a HUGE Mileena fan and some of the tourney guys favor her, so she's not going anywhere.
Kung Lao is used by Perfect Legend and others for tourneys, so he's also not going anywhere, either.

According to NRS decision to keep certain characters in MKX, it looks like Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Reptile and Kenshi are the new OG9 for the series, moving on forward.
If it was up to me, I agree with you and I wouldn't have those characters in MK11, either, but the world would end if they aren't included.

I prefer them not to have those 3 in either, to make space for other characters, but unfortunately these days if 1 of the klassic characters from MK1 thru UMK3 are gone, people will still find a reason to b**** and complain that MKX, MK11 or whatever other numbered MK sequel sucks because of it.

Shit, I mean, we got Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero back via Triborg and people on other gaming sites like IGN still complain and say that the "entire MKX roster sucks" because 10 FVCKING characters from MK9 / Trilogy are missing?

Really?
Baraka, Sindel, Sheeva, Shang Tsung, Kabal, Rain, Stryker, Noob Saibot, Jade and Nightwolf are missing and the WHOLE MKX roster sucks because those specific 10 are not in???
Nevermind that 20 other characters from MK9 made it into MKX in some way, shape or form.
No.
Those 10 are absent, so b****, b****, b****, complain, complain, complain.
This is why NRS can't ever make the fanbase happy.
There will always be someone who complains and wants to torch NRS for not including THEIR favorite.
I'm a huge MK9 Nightwolf user, but since he's not in MKX, I moved on and found other characters to use in his place.
I agree with you, i'am Noob Saibot fan, but i can live without him. There is a difference between a fan and a fanboy. Fanboys will complain no matter what, so screw them

Yeah, seriously. Just make a character that stands in for Kung Lao.
Because someone works for NRS who has a favorite is the most childish explanation ever.

I agree with you, i'am Noob Saibot fan, but i can live without him. There is a difference between a fan and a fanboy. Fanboys will complain no matter what, so screw them

Same.
Nightwolf and Rain were the top 2 of the 3 that I used for MK9, but I found other characters like Takeda and Jacqui to use in MKX.
Hopefully some of those MK9 characters that didn't make it can return in future games or be swapped out for some of the MK9 characters that DID make the MKX playable roster, but I'm not going to dismiss a whole game because 2 of my favorites didn't make the roster.
While I love certain characters, I'm more of a fan of the MK franchise.

oh and online players will pick whoever gets them wins, so if kung lao, kitana, and mileena arent there then they will pick someone else that gets them wins.