Bring back Animalities for MK 11

Yes, I think they will return, along with the Friendships. Do you guys know what they won in 3D?

Friendships would be awesome if they returned... but they would ALSO have to bring back "Mercy" in order to pull off the Animality. That would be HYPE!

For example, Nightwolf turning into a wolf and then maul the opponent. It is within his canon abilities to do so, so it would make sense.

But for everyone to have it? No. Never again.

Yes! Love Nightwolf; he should return in Mk11 with either the ability to morph into a wolf, or have a wolf Familiar.

I know that Mortal Kombat has no logic at all, but for fvck sake at least make it look possible. Cyrax turning into a shark that can swim through concrete was probably more horrible than Reptile, who is reptilian, has shown what he looks like underneath his disguise... turning into a monkey.

I would rather see one character having an ability to transform themselves into an animal rather than every character having some sort of animal within them.

I agree, at least let the animalities reflect the character in some way.

or have a wolf Familiar.

Let's not repeat this mistake...

IABAyyX.jpg

I'd rather have animality and friendships return over lame ass faction kills anyday IMO. Yes, they did not make much sense but that was part of the charm. I remember laughing my ass off seeing Reptile turn into a monkey and chase the loser away. Scorpion turning into a penguin that lays a egg that's loaded with c4. At least they were funny and proved that mortal kombat wasn't afraid to step out of its comfort zone. I remember Ed Boon mentioning the reason they introduced friendships in the game was to poke fun at the people crying over mortal kombat being too violent.

Last edited:
Animalities were always my least favorite type of fatality.

Who knows? Maybe they could pull it off better next time, but the way it was done in MK3 was terrible IMO. Reptile turning into a monkey? Scorpion into a penguin? Sheeva into a scorpion? The only ones that fit to me were Liu Kang's dragon, Nightwolf's wolf, and Scorpion's scorpion (in MK4), although that makes no damn sense why they can turn into animals anyways, lol.

BUT I DID like the rumored ideas before MKX was released that the background animals in MKX were going to be a stage-unique Animality, kind of like its own version of stage fatalities, but that didn't happen. If they still did it that way, like a background wolf or tiger or other Outworld creatures doing something horrid to you.