Mentioned in dialogues

reikoiskahn

Hey guys,

I remember when I first heard Kung Lao's intro dialogue with Sub-Zero where he tells him that Noob Saibot calls to him from the other side and how cool of a low key cameo that was. Recently, I was listening to an intro between Bo Rai Cho and Reptile that alludes to another Zaterran being alive. When Reptile claims that he is the last one, Bo Rai Cho tells him that there is another, which is probably a reference to Khameleon. I told my buddy about this and he said that he hadn't heard it yet. He did, however, tell me that Kira is mentioned in one that he heard not too long ago. I haven't discovered that one yet so if you have information on it, please enlighten me. In any case, I wanted to make a thread for those of you who are paying attention to the intro dialogues and hearing the names of old kombatants being dropped. Feel free to tell us about any that you've run across, as we might not have heard all there is to hear. Hopefully, this will allow us to compile a list and start speculating who is still alive, who may become future DLC, and who may be in the next game.

Last edited:
Shang Tsung was also mention a couple of times in some of the mirror matches. Also in the Reptile vs Reptile match he calls himself Shang Tsung and Reptile says for him to reveal himself.

The Shang Tsung hints have been so heavy-handed this game.

On topic tho, I was watching some Bo intros and Li Mei gets mentioned between him and Cassie. It sounds like he trained or is training her and Cassie implies he may have misbehaved or pulled something (with Li Mei) and Bo is pretty insulted at the accusation.

Also I really hope the Khameleon stuff becomes canon because I want to see what NRS would do with another Zaterran.

Edited : Shujinko was sort of talked about in a Shinnok vs Shinnok match and Orin talk's through Ermac possibly mentioning Taven being awake or something like that. Armageddon may have not been prevented after all just postponed. I can't remember any more mentions. If they are some that I missed I want to know them. Oh on the Shujinko one his name was not said in the mention it was just the imposter Shinnok said that you should have killed me at the pyramid.

Last edited:
Kung Lao calls Kano Kira and Kano says Kano you bloody prig to Kung Lao. Jax also calls Kano a second rate Jarek. Erron Black mentions that he killed Kobra in one of his intros. That makes three mentions for ya.

Last edited:
Shujinko was sort of talked about in a Shinnok vs Shinnok match and Odin talk's through Ermac possibly mentioning Taven being awake or something like that. Armageddon may have not been prevented after all just postponed. I can't remember any more mentions. If they are some that I missed I want to know them.

Who's Odin? I'd really like to see that mention of Taven being awake. Could you be more specific about the characters having the discussion?
Thanks

How is Shujinko mentioned? I am curious about that...
I know one between Sub-Zero and Bo Rai Cho, where Bo says that Noob is alive and must never be found.